Football players suspended for having consensual train sex with a girl !?

Several players at the U of Minn have been suspended after it was determined they may have ran a train on a girl. Now, the legal case is the rape case - BUT THAT IS NOT WHY THEY WERE SUSPENDED. They were suspended because running a train on a girl (even if it was consensual) is deemed immoral under the school's code of behavior.

How is this any different than when a player used to be suspended for having gay sex ? Who is a public institution to legislate the sexual behavior of its students ?

BTW, I assure you if this was a train involving gay football players, there would be no suspension.

http://deadspin.com/report-minnesot...tm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=fridayAM

Dude....

You were so damn close to making a good post. It's like you're genetically incapable of not shit posting.

In another club of my soccer/football beer league 5-6 players gang banged the daughter of the coach lol, iirc they were not suspended.

Not sure what that has to do with the topic, but yeah...

<6>

get her number for your boi chules imo

wasnt it like 10 guys and 1 girl? Thats kind of rapey.
yeah def.....and also when you add in the fact the girl was likely smashed, and at the very least, dealing with major emotional issues. Shit like this is actually really sad. It's like I understand where the guys are coming from, being hammered at a party and fucking a girl sounds like a great prospect. No one is thinking "hey, wait.....maybe this isn't right". And Im sure it was "consenual" but Im pretty sure a sober and sane girl just spread her legs and said "who wants at it?".

Another poster brought up the point that you shouldn't monitor or punish what people do in the bedroom. And that is true. But, this is kinda different and although she may not want to press charges and get 10 guys thrown in jail for life, it is certainly questionable and just down right sad considering this type of stuff is actually really commonplace now a days. I mean just imagine this was your daughter that was suffering depression, self esteem issues and you send her off to college and then find out this happens when she is drunk.

You have a good point. But if I was coach, I wouldn't want them on my team. They'd be done. Gay or Straight.

I want men with character. When something that despicable is done, you are not dealing with men. You're dealing with depraved boys. I want to coach people with some semblance of character and respect.

Americans are treated as children til they are out of college. Athletes are tempted. This stuff probably happens all the time.

Yeah if it's proven to be consensual that's absurd. If the girl likes to get down like that, it's ridiculous to punish the guys for giving it to her.

Americans are treated as children til they are out of college. Athletes are tempted. This stuff probably happens all the time.
It used to be that 18 years old meant most were ready for the responsibilities of adulthood. Today our 22 years olds need coloring books and playdough because the election was too stressful.

Well with "fake news" being thrown around, it's hard to say that reading a story correctly means anything, but I think you did. However, I look at this like a cocaine party, drunk driving, or anything else. Yeah, it's there and it's easy and fun, but I'd expect more from my players.

Ok, cocaine, drunk driving etc are illegal. What they did was legal! Do you see the difference.

It's a morals thing just like with a lot of jobs and other things.

If a white player was caught making racist comments the they suspended him it would be no different.

Was this out in public with multiple people filming? I didn't read the whole story.

Ok, cocaine, drunk driving etc are illegal. What they did was legal! Do you see the difference.
Yeah, there is a difference, but it's still a moral line. I'm not sure they should be suspended, but I wouldn't be thrilled to know y players are whoring.

Doing a little digging, I ran across this article: http://www.startribune.com/sex-assa...ension-of-gophers-football-players/406564806/

Im going to change my stance about this particular incident. With the description of events given by the victim and the fact she went to the hospital hours later, it doesnt seem very consensual.

The fact that she stated:

“They kept ignoring my pleas for help. Anything I said they laughed. They tried to cheer people on.”

changes my view as well. If it's true it wasn't consensual.

Was this out in public with multiple people filming? I didn't read the whole story.

My understanding is it was filmed by someone there and shared among friends and the cops got it and that's what lead them to believe it was not a rape.

Dude....

You were so damn close to making a good post. It's like you're genetically incapable of not shit posting.
Here comes Rational Poster to tell us what a narccisi... I mean, intelligent individual he is.

My understanding is it was filmed by someone there and shared among friends and the cops got it and that's what lead them to believe it was not a rape.

If this video got out and was being passed around by team members than I can see the schools point. If this was a purely private encounter than I would disagree with them.

Back