Floyd vs Khan at Wembley

The English hate Khan for being a Pakistani Muslim, who according to them cannot fight yet managed to defeat all their C level fighters on his come up.

No they don't. What an ignorant post.

The English hate Khan for being a Pakistani Muslim, who according to them cannot fight yet managed to defeat all their C level fighters on his come up.

I wouldn't say we hate him at all,but he and his team have done an amazing amount of bad work to piss away the huge amount of public goodwill his Olympic exploits gained him .

Id like to see it just to watch Khan get knocked out again.

No they don't. What an ignorant post.

Mmm yes they do. If he was white, things would have been different. The white working class who are the majority of boxing fans in the UK don't like the fact that he's Pakistani Muslim. I've seen plenty of racist, bigoted comments on chatboards, blogs, he's been spoken against by the BNP and so on. You're deluded if you think otherwise. Hell, even Frank Warren admitted this was the case, if anyones in the know it's him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/manches...eligion_and_ethics/newsid_8400000/8400154.stm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/bnp-want-boxing-star-amir-1025166

Last edited:
Khan isn't popular enough to get the home support and drive a crowd like that. Floyd should have fought Ricky Hatton at Wembley if he wanted something like that.

Yes he is.

Not everyone needs to want him to win to want to watch him. Mayweather's appearance alone would be enough. It doesn't take much to get British fans involved in a big event.

The Americans don't quite understand that the 80k crowd for Groves V Froch was mainly populated by people who were looking forward to the post fight line of coke and night out more than the actual fight. It's an event.

Mayweather's name sells in the UK, he's a big brand. Him and Khan would be huge in the UK.

Moa, do you live here? He's English. His dad is Pakistani Muslim. People who aren't dragging their knuckles don't like him because of the bravado.

Mmm yes they do. If he was white, things would have been different. The white working class who are the majority of boxing fans in the UK don't like the fact that he's Pakistani Muslim. I've seen plenty of racist, bigoted comments on chatboards, blogs, he's been spoken against by the BNP and so on. You're deluded if you think otherwise. Hell, even Frank Warren admitted this was the case, if anyones in the know it's him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/manches...eligion_and_ethics/newsid_8400000/8400154.stm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/bnp-want-boxing-star-amir-1025166

Even if there were true.... and I don't really care one way or the other.

Would you be stunned if a white Christian in Saudi Arabia (HA! joke.... no Christians allowed in SA! Don't swoon in rage over this).
Would you be stunned if a white Christian boxer in an area that was predominantly non-white and non-Christian did not have much fan support from the community he finds himself in?

I work with a guy from Saudi Arabia. He brought his family here so his wife can attend college. They have a son who is 7 years old. He has a visa so he can work here.
They are devout Muslims.

His biggest concern is that his son is interested in Christianity because a friend of his son has devoutly Christian parents who are trying to teach him the faith.
Now my coworker (a fairly tolerant Muslim) is upset about it but not angry. He said "that family has the right here to do that if they wish to, it's my job to convince my son otherwise".. His biggest concern though is that if his son were to eventually adopt the Christian faith they couldn't return, with son in tow, to Saudi Arabia.

But damn.... You telling me that some boxing fans in England aren't cheering on a Muslim?
Holy Shit that's messed up!!

I work with a guy from Saudi Arabia. He brought his family here so his wife can attend college. They have a son who is 7 years old. He has a visa so he can work here.
They are devout Muslims.

His biggest concern is that his son is interested in Christianity because a friend of his son has devoutly Christian parents who are trying to teach him the faith.
Now my coworker (a fairly tolerant Muslim) is upset about it but not angry. He said "that family has the right here to do that if they wish to, it's my job to convince my son otherwise".. His biggest concern though is that if his son were to eventually adopt the Christian faith they couldn't return, with son in tow, to Saudi Arabia.

But damn.... You telling me that some boxing fans in England aren't cheering on a Muslim?
Holy Shit that's messed up!!
Erm, where do I complain about it? I wholeheartedly agree with you.

For me religion is bollocks, the guy's a plum, plain and simple.

MC just got checked like the good white boy that he is .

Floyd runs the show in vegas. I dont think he would ever want to step outside Vegas for anyone. He wont risk that unbeaten record by stepping outside that comfort zone. That Wembley show was a one off which will prob never be repeated .

Look at the fighters English fans get behind, in no particular order:

- Froch: hard as nails slugger from the rough end of town
- Bruno: lovable underdog who tried his best
- Hatton: nails slugger with self destructive dark side, gent at heart
- Benn: nails slugger with attitude and endless fight
- Cooper: nails slugger from the old school
Etc

Now think why a fight between a brash, arrogant, insecure, foul mouthed American (who will win) and a less sucessful unconvincing wannabe Brit copycat may not work out...

you.... all of you.
You just broke my spirit.
This is the end. You won't have MC Paul Barman to kick around anymore.

pg9r6.gif

Moa, do you live here? He's English. His dad is Pakistani Muslim. People who aren't dragging their knuckles don't like him because of the bravado.

Yes. Originally a northerner but lived in London for the past 2 decades. And you?

He's not English. He has British nationality but is ethnically Pakistani. When hes filling in application forms he ticks the Asian box.

Back