Floyd vs Khan at Wembley

Hates a strong word. The dude is the biggest talent out of England, represented you guys in the olympics when he clearly didnt have to, never committed any crimes, why is he hated?

Interview starts at 10:15, some of his annoying personality comes through at times. "I showed too much heart" "flukey punch"

I don't know why he is so hated to be honest, we just never really took to him.
He went to Sky box office PPV way too early to expect people to pay to watch him on tv and left the country to train in the states.

His personality is very different to the boxers who have reached the highest levels of popularity here.

Hatton, Bruno and Cooper had great self depricating senses of humour that we love here, Eubank had that batshit eccentric englishman thing going on.

I honestly dont know/care. Just putting some things out there.

Naseem was around in different times, pre 9-11. Your average morons inability to deal with a Muslim has increased tenfold since then.

Obviously it's not just a race/religion thing, his inability to get over that final hurdle at world level, including getting ruthlessly KO'd a couple of time makes people think he's a pretender who doesn't deserve the hype.

However as has been mentioned, i think you'd struggle to argue that a white Amir Khan would have the same issues with public popularity. Race is a factor sadly, no point denying it.

Quality post, thats exactly how I see it and Muslims/Islam is viewed very differently by some over here now since 11/9

As for this fight Id love Floyd to come over here and fight, he's the best of this generation and it would fill a stadium over here no matter what the locals think of Khan. Floyd is running out of fighters to face I think they should get the fight on, though still cant see it happening

M o A > Sunfish
1-0 in this argument.

You don't live anywhere near this country, how on Earth would you have any clue of the racial undertones to... anything? Not highlighting you cause of my hatred, just don't see how you have any say in this whatsoever, never mind a resounding "1-0".

More to the point, gotta think all the people claiming racism haven't boxed in this country or been to any amateur events. I'd say literally 40% of our amateurs are foreigners of some form (3 of my friends are regional champs in the ammys and none are of strictly English blood or heritage), and all are supported just as fervently as the Caucasians. Not to mention how absolutely insane the casual fans were/are over Naseem. Or are we going to ignore Nas' huge fanbase in lieu of screaming "RACCISSSTTSSS!".

I live in a Northern town with under 3% ethnic population (one of the lowest in the country) and the pride of our club is a entirely Sudanese boxer. He gets huge support from the whole town. If a town of working-class, labouring, as Brit as they come northerners don't hold racist views then how can you apply it to a nation? Stereotypes, maybe, but I find this country a lot more liberal in their application. A lot of pakistani's own taxi ranks, a lot take part in extremely different cultural practices than ethnic Brits; accepting that doesn't make me racist, it makes me realist. I know plenty of muslims who are happy to galvanize themselves for a laugh, this isn't segregated America circa 1930.

Khan garners hate because he's a cocky prick who's made a lot of faux pas in interviews, and frankly loves to scream "RAACCISSSMM!" because he can't understand the hatred. Maybe if he took his head out of his arse the country would be a bit kinder. He received almost unequivocal support after the Olympics as has been previously mentioned, people didn't only clock on to the heritage of Amir Khan after. Beside the point but Khan hasn't looked to exploit his "English" heritage since he left for America, but has been happy to exploit his Muslim side. Blame racism but frankly I think you've watched too much BBC and not spent enough times at the actual fights. 20 people shouting ridiculous EDL chants in a crowd of 8000+ doesn't seem to point to pin the tail on the racist imo.

TL;DR Brits hate Khan for much the same reason they hate Tyson Fury; he's a mouth that cries discrimination because he can't accept that he's just intensely dislikeable.

PS, football fans (the vast majority of this country) support anyone who can kick a ball; black, white, blue, green, yellow, brown and all the colours of the rainbow. Racism is minute in this country, don't compare it to your own if you don't live here. And if you feel "prejudiced" against, and you are from here, you are probably an absolute pussy.

So why use a troll account to post that, what are you hiding from !?!?!?!?!?

I also live in a town with less than 5% Caucasian population. I dislike khan for being khan.

My favorite fighters are tommy Hearns, el terrible and Carl froch.

I also live in a town with less than 5% Caucasian population. I dislike khan for being khan.

My favorite fighters are tommy Hearns, el terrible and Carl froch.

The Peterson fight really vilified him for me, too many excuses in a fight he didn't do enough to win. If he'd have stepped back after getting mauled by Garcia, and became the humble fighter he really should be, I'd probably support him. He's quite fun to watch on his day.

Favourites are MAB and Gatti; Eubank and Lewis if we're talking UK. Eubank was despised while he fought too, something about overly brash fighters I guess.

Eubanks corner man gear was epic this weekend.

Khan doesn't seem capable of being humble and thinks he can stand and bang. His arrogance makes him very unpopular.

Don't people hate Khan cause he's a bit of a blowhard?

There is no way I'm shelling out any money for a Khan v Mayweather fight. Khan does not possess ANY tool in his boxing arsenal that would threaten Floyd.

Mayweather would be banking on the European contingent making a big buy into this fight. I think most boxing pundits would agree with me that Khan virtually has no chance. Crap fight...meh.

Back