Floyd vs Khan at Wembley

Floyd vs Khan would put at least 50k into Wembley Stadium.
England getting a chance to witness one of Floyds 3 last fights?
That would put asses in the seats alone.
Add in the fact Khan would be overly built up as someone who can match Floyds speed, when in reality we're going to get a chance to see Floyd get a KO.

Amir is a little like Froch in that he struggles to put himself across without sounding arrogant and full of soundbites, he struggles with his sense of self and how he is perceived. Difference with Carl is that he generally backs it up, Amir too often falls short of his own high opinion of himself. This is why he struggles for unequivocal love from the British public, not because he is a brown muslim.

I always cheer for Amir by the way, he's quick and he's brave and i like watching him fight.

Yeah, can't be so entitled when you've hit the canvas so often and not even holding a world title

It's got nothing to do with him being a brown Muslim, Prince Naseem was and he was THE man over here in the 90's . Khan is a very unlike able guy who's absolutely deluded regarding his own career. He's too arrogant, forgetting how much exposure,hype and money was given too him after turning pro ...much more than gold medallist Luke Campbell got who is white by the way. khan should stick to cheating on his missus and keep his north shut

He's an idiot, most fighters need to talk more to make fans, Khan is one who needs to shut the hell up

RUcKROD.jpg

It's got nothing to do with him being a brown Muslim, Prince Naseem was and he was THE man over here in the 90's . Khan is a very unlike able guy who's absolutely deluded regarding his own career. He's too arrogant, forgetting how much exposure,hype and money was given too him after turning pro ...much more than gold medallist Luke Campbell got who is white by the way. khan should stick to cheating on his missus and keep his north shut

Naseem was around in different times, pre 9-11. Your average morons inability to deal with a Muslim has increased tenfold since then.

Obviously it's not just a race/religion thing, his inability to get over that final hurdle at world level, including getting ruthlessly KO'd a couple of time makes people think he's a pretender who doesn't deserve the hype.

However as has been mentioned, i think you'd struggle to argue that a white Amir Khan would have the same issues with public popularity. Race is a factor sadly, no point denying it.

No way Mayweather gives up his home court advantage and fight outside of Vegas.

Naseem was around in different times, pre 9-11. Your average morons inability to deal with a Muslim has increased tenfold since then.

Obviously it's not just a race/religion thing, his inability to get over that final hurdle at world level, including getting ruthlessly KO'd a couple of time makes people think he's a pretender who doesn't deserve the hype.

However as has been mentioned, i think you'd struggle to argue that a white Amir Khan would have the same issues with public popularity. Race is a factor sadly, no point denying it.

Probably has something to do with the mass Muslim immigration into the UK. Sharia law for all.

Doesnt make him English. Period. And theres no Agenda here.

(Not to offend anyone) According to British Social attitudes survey by Natcen, 30% of Brits admit to being racist, youre telling me that doesnt apply to the ignorant boxing crowds?

Ive given you statistics, sources, Warrens opinion and the damn BNP have made statements regarding him , and you have your opinion alone yet im the one talking bollocks. We'll agree to disagree.

well be proud of your fellow country men then :rolleyes:

khan is just as much english as caucasian english people are, only rascist fucks can't see that the world is changing rapidly

Probably has something to do with the mass Muslim immigration into the UK. Sharia law for all.

No, it has something to do with gullible knuckle-draggers who are easily led by an inflammatory right-wing media.

Sharia law is not in place anywhere in the UK and Muslims account for less than 5% of the population. Unfortunately stupid people like having someone to hate.

yeah, never got that whole " sharia "phobia and all.
it's not even used in like 70 % of muslim majority countries, but somehow it will end up being applied in the UK!!!

Which I'm not, but ok. He got booed because people don't like him.

He insulted other successful British fighters when he had achieved nothing, any time anyone said anything other than good things about him he played the race card. He was loved and supported during his Olympic run, it was only after he turned pro and started running his mouth people started to dislike him. The man is an arrogant piece of shit, he would be hated no matter what colour he is. Don't give him the excuse of being Muslim, he's just a horrible person, using the race card is a shitty excuse and damages people who actually suffer from real racism.

Eubank got a ton of hate for hating on(and beating) Benn, Lennox was hated for a long long time for talking shit about Bruno and acting very arrogant early on in his career, both Groves and Froch have large groups that dislike them for perceived arrogance. The whole "They hate me because I'm brown and Muslim" is just a way to excuse him for having a shitty attitude and just adds to the dislike for him.

He insulted other successful British fighters when he had achieved nothing, any time anyone said anything other than good things about him he played the race card. He was loved and supported during his Olympic run, it was only after he turned pro and started running his mouth people started to dislike him. The man is an arrogant piece of shit, he would be hated no matter what colour he is. Don't give him the excuse of being Muslim, he's just a horrible person, using the race card is a shitty excuse and damages people who actually suffer from real racism.

Eubank got a ton of hate for hating on(and beating) Benn, Lennox was hated for a long long time for talking shit about Bruno and acting very arrogant early on in his career, both Groves and Froch have large groups that dislike them for perceived arrogance. The whole "They hate me because I'm brown and Muslim" is just a way to excuse him for having a shitty attitude and just adds to the dislike for him.

I personally don't like Khan either but it's a bit of a stretch to say that there is no racism at all involved with Khan, let's be honest people don't like him because he's cocky and a 'paki.' It's a mix of his personality and racism - to deny that racism is not involved is pretty hilarious - it's an ugly thing to want to acknowledge but unfortunately it is true.

I've heard from people who went to his earlier fights while he was still in the UK and they quite clearly said there were racial slurs/chants by certain parts of the crowd, especially more so after his loss to Prescott, especially in Manchester.

That said most of the hate is because of his personality but let's not be to delusional and try to deny that a significant element of the hate he gets is because he's also ethnically Pakistani.

Also what I don't understand is the arrogant or personality bashing, most boxers have egos, arrogance, cockiness or in general what would be deemed as attitude problems. Naseem had all those qualities yet he was loved by the British crowd - because we overlook those qualities as long as they can back it up - it's a bit of a double standard to then hate someone else for doing the exact same thing (amir khan). I wonder if all those fans hated cocky boxers like for example Naseem - I doubt it, so why bring up the arrogance or personality card, when for others it's alright but for others it's not, seems extremely retarded IMHO.

One more thing, let's not equate the hate Groves or Froch get's to that of Khan, we both know very well that Khan gets it to a degree which is a lot more than the others or his other British contemporaries. I mean Garcia's dad compounded the exact attitudes of a specific portion of British boxing fans attitudes to Amir Khan.

Does Khan overplay the racism card - maybe or maybe not, only he really knows the kind of abuse he gets, it's all well and good saying he doesn't when we aren't exactly their to witness it whereas he obviously has first hand experience of what he thinks is racism. That enough should be a cause for concern at least for the moderate British boxing fan.

I personally don't like Khan either but it's a bit of a stretch to say that there is no racism at all involved with Khan, let's be honest people don't like him because he's cocky and a 'paki.' It's a mix of his personality and racism - to deny that racism is not involved is pretty hilarious - it's an ugly thing to want to acknowledge but unfortunately it is true.

I've heard from people who went to his earlier fights while he was still in the UK and they quite clearly said there were racial slurs/chants by certain parts of the crowd, especially more so after his loss to Prescott, especially in Manchester.

That said most of the hate is because of his personality but let's not be to delusional and try to deny that a significant element of the hate he gets is because he's also ethnically Pakistani.

Also what I don't understand is the arrogant or personality bashing, most boxers have egos, arrogance, cockiness or in general what would be deemed as attitude problems. Naseem had all those qualities yet he was loved by the British crowd - because we overlook those qualities as long as they can back it up - it's a bit of a double standard to then hate someone else for doing the exact same thing (amir khan). I wonder if all those fans hated cocky boxers like for example Naseem - I doubt it, so why bring up the arrogance or personality card, when for others it's alright but for others it's not, seems extremely retarded IMHO.

One more thing, let's not equate the hate Groves or Froch get's to that of Khan, we both know very well that Khan gets it to a degree which is a lot more than the others or his other British contemporaries. I mean Garcia's dad compounded the exact attitudes of a specific portion of British boxing fans attitudes to Amir Khan.

Does Khan overplay the racism card - maybe or maybe not, only he really knows the kind of abuse he gets, it's all well and good saying he doesn't when we aren't exactly their to witness it whereas he obviously has first hand experience of what he thinks is racism. That enough should be a cause for concern at least for the moderate British boxing fan
Well put Azam.

Actually

Be the first time in a long time I won't be staying up till 6 to watch Floyd fight if it happens, but still wouldn't pay to go see him fight Khan

well be proud of your fellow country men then :rolleyes:

khan is just as much english as caucasian english people are, only rascist fucks can't see that the world is changing rapidly

Everyone has some reason to not like someone.
What's yours, Mr. Righteous?

Back