Floyd talks about how little he trained for Conor

I don't think this has been posted here, but it's a recent interview with Floyd:

In a recent interview, Mayweather claimed that he did not really prepare for his fight against the Irish fighter during their bout in 2017. The 42-year old claimed that he didn’t train vigorously as their crossover fight is approaching.

”You know, actually, when I was getting ready for McGregor, for Conor McGregor I didn’t really train,” Mayweather said in the interview transcribed by MMA Mania. “All I did was just push-ups and sit-ups. That’s all I did.”

“Push-ups and sit-ups, boxed a few times, hit the bag few times,” he shared. “Training camp was in different places. I would do training camp in Vegas a few days. Sometimes I wouldn’t go to the gym for a week.”

Source:
https://www.ibtimes.com/floyd-maywe...ain-conor-mcgregor-ahead-boxing-fight-2923563

Im sure hes exaggerating abit ..but it makes sense you dont need a championship fight level camp when your preparing for someone at Conors level...that would be a waste of money and time..

Thats like an Olympic level wrestler doing a full Olympic lvel training camp for a guy whos never wrestled before lol...

Conor is the one who had to train all out

This is 40
Dude has body armor implanted abs
839146186.0.jpg
mayweather-mcgregor-weigh-in-getty.jpg

The Best Ever

50-1 Conor makes adjustments in the rematch, no way Floyd can take that left hand a second time

I'm sure it will just take a few minor tweaking and Conor will learn how to line up a clean shot at a open head stooping down and not covering up...

OK2E7JV.gif

Before the fight, anybody with at least half a brain knew the only way for Conor to win was to KO Floyd. This was before we knew that Conor Doesn't even have the power to KO a 80 yr old Elderly Man.

Yeah, going into it I expected Mayweather to be the harder hitter and honestly thought there was no chance, barring a freak injury, that Conor could win, but I suppose his power was a bit of an unknown quantity to some.

But yeah overall he doesn’t have enough power to trouble him, or even close. No surprise given that he’s taken big shots from the likes of Judah, Maidana, Mosley and Pacquiao and shrugged them off fairly easily.

I'm sure it will just take a few minor tweaking and Conor will learn how to line up a clean shot at a open head stooping down and not covering up...

OK2E7JV.gif

Exactly bro, good spot. You can see how close he is to koing Floyd in that gif.

Haha he handled your boy nonproblem
Conor is as much my boy as Floyd is and Floyd should have have atleast dominated him much more with his skills instead waiting for for Conor to get tired first..

Anybody who says they believe this are lying to themselves and their fellow Sherdoggers for anti-Conor clout.

You don't remain fresh for 10 rounds against a guy who threw 430 punches at you, while you throw 320 punches yourself, without seriously training. You would literally be a goddamn supernatural freak of cardio nature never before seen in human history to be able to do that. He absolutely has to have trained hard, even if you wanted to argue he didn't need to train as hard as he normally would've knowing he was facing a non-pro boxer in his first ever 12 round fight.

Nor would Floyd ever risk his upcoming coveted 50-0 record on doing something so stupid.

Thats like an Olympic level wrestler doing a full Olympic lvel training camp for a guy whos never wrestled before lol...

Not that I'm a Conor defender/supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but I never understood how people make analogies like this when comparing MMA to boxing..

People act and talk like Conor (or any other MMA fighter that is compared to a boxer) has never trained how to throw a punch before. Boxing is a discipline that is trained regularly, though crudely sometimes, by the MMA community. Maybe to make themselves feel better about Conor being handily dismantled? Or as a weak copout?

Either way, that analogy would only make sense if Conor had in fact never thrown a punch in his life. Obviously he is no where in the same pedigree as a pro boxer, but to act like the guy is some heroic martyr for stepping in the ring without any "real" experience is a farce.

if he'd wanted to, and fought as he normally fights. Conor wouldn't have landed a shot and Floyd would've finished him within 3 or 4 rounds. He put his hands up and walked forward the whole fight, just to give people their money's worth. It was a joke. Floyd was laughing on the stool in between rounds.
Coming up with hypothetical theories is fun.. I also do it but we can only lodge with things facts.. Conor won rounds and I expected more from mayweather. He had to literally wait until Conor tired out before Floyd started to take over. I had predicted Floyd to just beat Conor on the basis of sheer skill difference

Not that I'm a Conor defender/supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but I never understood how people make analogies like this when comparing MMA to boxing..

People act and talk like Conor (or any other MMA fighter that is compared to a boxer) has never trained how to throw a punch before. Boxing is a discipline that is trained regularly, though crudely sometimes, by the MMA community. Maybe to make themselves feel better about Conor being handily dismantled? Or as a weak copout?

Either way, that analogy would only make sense if Conor had in fact never thrown a punch in his life. Obviously he is no where in the same pedigree as a pro boxer, but to act like the guy is some heroic martyr for stepping in the ring without any "real" experience is a farce.

Conors never boxed at pro level before..therefore he hasnt really boxed..MMA training isnt the same two different sports

My analogy applies because someone who hasnt wrestled on the amateur or Olympic circuit really hasnt wrestled ...fooling around with your brother or friends isnt wrestling at that level..

There's levels and in the case of mayweather vs mcgregor ..mcgregor is the one who would have to do a huge training camp not mayweather

Floyd is trolling here, anyone in the know, knows that he is literally always training.
He used to run home from the club with his entourage following him at like 3 am sometimes. Just for cardio.

the Wrestling comparison makes no sense, cuz Floyd never trained Wrestling.

Conor has at least 20+ years Boxing expierence.

Conor is as much my boy as Floyd is and Floyd should have have atleast dominated him much more with his skills instead waiting for for Conor to get tired first..

If just went out there and dominated Conor in the first two rounds, how would Floyd ever be able to justify a rematch, if he wants one for another $100M? He’s smarter than that, that’s why he’s Floyd.

#levels #floydtactics

Floyd is trolling here, anyone in the know, knows that he is literally always training.
He used to run home from the club with his entourage following him at like 3 am sometimes. Just for cardio.

There’s different degrees of training. I get the feeling Floyd will be in the gym for a long time and will never really be out of shape.

Being in the gym doesn’t equate to being in a fight camp though, and being in shape doesn’t equate to being in the shape he was to fight Pacquiao.

Back