Floyd talks about how little he trained for Conor

Not surprised. Floyd clearly didn’t take McGregor as a serious threat and carried him during the fight.

Take it with a grain of salt.. can’t really believe what he says. He may be saying it because he wasn’t able to dominate Conor bell to bell like most believed he would
if he'd wanted to, and fought as he normally fights. Conor wouldn't have landed a shot and Floyd would've finished him within 3 or 4 rounds. He put his hands up and walked forward the whole fight, just to give people their money's worth. It was a joke. Floyd was laughing on the stool in between rounds.

BS....

Have you notice that when a fighter win or lose....they try to tell people some how they were not in their " Full Potential".....or they were injured or didn't trained or some family issues...bla bla bla...just to give the illusion that they could be better.....Fuck that....

older, smaller, retired, not training, never had punching power, gave him a chance to work in the first few rounds and yet he tko'ed that fool, hilarious
<BC1>

I believe it. Why would Floyd have anything to worry about boxing an MMA fighter? If anything he carried the fight as long as he could
hey, i got a bridge thats for sale. real cheap, u interested? it will bring in millions per year, and im selling it for under 10k

The casuals in here don't understand that Floyd treats his body like a temple and is literally in top shape regardless of whether he has a fight or not.

What form of boxing training would he need to do against a first-time like McGregor?
Theres always a punchers chance, but then again, you can't train your chin to take a punch , so hard training would have been a waste of his time.

older, smaller, retired, not training, never had punching power, gave him a chance to work in the first few rounds and yet he tko'ed that fool, hilarious
<BC1>
whats more hilarious is u believe he didnt train
<NoneOfMy>

He's been boxing for 35+ years, I'd hope he wouldn't have to train for a first timer.

You people are really naieve if you think Floyd did anything other than carry Conor.

Even in the build up videos you could see it wasn’t a serious fight camp. They were actually struggling to even get footage of him in the gym and had to resort to filming him doing Bikram yoga with a bunch of old women at one point.

It’s not disrespectful to say that his preparation for fighting Conor would be very different to his preparation for fighting a more capable opponent - his entire fight plan indicated that he was in first gear and just having fun.

Theres always a punchers chance, but then again, you can't train your chin to take a punch , so hard training would have been a waste of his time.

I think the phrase a ‘punchers chance’ is used incorrectly on Sherdog.

If I fight Tyson Fury I don’t have a punchers chance. There’s an off chance that my goat connects with his face, but there’s absolutely zero chance I do it with the power, timing or precision to hurt him.

I don’t believe Conor has the power to hurt Floyd, let alone the power required to actually stop him. We’ve seen him take massive shots from guys who hit MUCH harder than Conor, with more precision and better timing, and he very rarely even wobbles.

Take it with a grain of salt.. can’t really believe what he says. He may be saying it because he wasn’t able to dominate Conor bell to bell like most believed he would

I’d believe him over Conor any day. That’s for sure.
right.. just like he didn't use any illegal IV's before the Manny fight

Illegal iv’s, hahaha. Here we go..

I don't think this has been posted here, but it's a recent interview with Floyd:

In a recent interview, Mayweather claimed that he did not really prepare for his fight against the Irish fighter during their bout in 2017. The 42-year old claimed that he didn’t train vigorously as their crossover fight is approaching.

”You know, actually, when I was getting ready for McGregor, for Conor McGregor I didn’t really train,” Mayweather said in the interview transcribed by MMA Mania. “All I did was just push-ups and sit-ups. That’s all I did.”

“Push-ups and sit-ups, boxed a few times, hit the bag few times,” he shared. “Training camp was in different places. I would do training camp in Vegas a few days. Sometimes I wouldn’t go to the gym for a week.”

Source:
https://www.ibtimes.com/floyd-maywe...ain-conor-mcgregor-ahead-boxing-fight-2923563

This is just bs Floyd fluff. He is the most polished fighter in the history of boxing. He is the smartest hardest working A-Level professional athlete i've ever seen and he would never risk his flawless 50-0 unbeaten record unless fully prepared. He is the goat

Last edited:
I think the phrase a ‘punchers chance’ is used incorrectly on Sherdog.

If I fight Tyson Fury I don’t have a punchers chance. There’s an off chance that my goat connects with his face, but there’s absolutely zero chance I do it with the power, timing or precision to hurt him.

I don’t believe Conor has the power to hurt Floyd, let alone the power required to actually stop him. We’ve seen him take massive shots from guys who hit MUCH harder than Conor, with more precision and better timing, and he very rarely even wobbles.
Before the fight, anybody with at least half a brain knew the only way for Conor to win was to KO Floyd. This was before we knew that Conor Doesn't even have the power to KO a 80 yr old Elderly Man.

Conor 2.0 beats any man on this planet!
I2YZh4e.gif

Haha he handled your boy nonproblem

Back