Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin Nasukawa - Dec 31st

I hope the true story comes out one day. My guess is Rizin didnt have the money to pay him but decided to use him for publicity anyway. They got a sellout for their efforts, and a lot of attention for their org. and most marketable fighter. Floyd comes off looking like a clown. That statement about being an old retired fighter scrounging for paycheques is classic. Talk about giving entirely the opposite impression you want to give.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-05-at-10.14.18-AM-660x400.png

<LikeReally5>

I hope the true story comes out one day. My guess is Rizin didnt have the money to pay him but decided to use him for publicity anyway. They got a sellout for their efforts, and a lot of attention for their org. and most marketable fighter. Floyd comes off looking like a clown. That statement about being an old retired fighter scrounging for paycheques is classic. Talk about giving entirely the opposite impression you want to give.
I believ this to be 100% the case and Floyd got mugged off

What if Conor in collaboration with proper 12 and the ufc, conspired with rizin to mug Floyd off, thus destabilising Floyd's mental faculties into either a rematch with Conor or fight with khabib. This has proved he is willing to take said fight even with modified rules.

@GolovkinGOAT

Also frogs are gay

AlexJonesFoil-2.jpg

Not surprised, fight made no sense at all. Floyd would only do boxing, he's too much of a coward to take on a genuine challenge.

Cowards regularly fight elite competition for almost 20 years, apparently.

Mayweather's explanation for all this on instagram kind of reminds me of Ali-Inoki, where Ali's camp supposedly didn't know the rules of the bout until almost immediately before it was scheduled to happen.

From wiki:

"According to Inoki, Ali and his entourage had signed on expecting the fight to be an exhibition rather than a real contest. It was only when they went to see Inoki train six days before the fight, and saw him use a series of brutal drop-kicks and violent grapples on sparring partners, that they sensed it would be a legitimate fight. Inoki alleges he was asked by Ali, "OK, so when do we do the rehearsal?", with Inoki replying: "No, no. This isn't an exhibition. It's a real fight!""
Funny how inoki spent most of his time on the floor attempting kicks. Also weird.

Funny how inoki spent most of his time on the floor attempting kicks. Also weird.
I think that strategy came about when Ali's corner implemented all the rules, which were pretty much no wrestling, no takedowns. Who knows? maybe inoki really was scared of taking a punch but without grappling, what else did he have? he did brutalize Ali's legs, ali ended up in the hospital with welts all over his legs, and he had a tough fight coming up, the third with Norton. so, like i mentioned, about one of the dumbest things he ever did.

or it was just another of floyds publicity stunt

or it was just another of floyds publicity stunt
It’s possible but I’m not sure what he’s gained if that’s the case. Rizin got something. They’ve sold 37000 tickets and received more attention worldwide than they’ve ever received before, at least for a few days. They might even see a ratings bump, although that isn’t guaranteed.

Floyd on the other hand looks a bit foolish. That image he cultivates of a savvy, fabulously wealthy businessman has taken a hit. This is a guy who will skip rope in your living room if you give him a few bucks. He’s the entertainment at a rich man’s party. That’s the sort of thing he should have left behind after all his success in the ring.

On sherdog if you only do one sport at an elite level, you're a coward. All of those NFL players are cowards since they never tried a real challenge like MMA lol

he didn't write any of that, some publicist did, that's their job, to lie, to exaggerate. I remember when Camacho got shot, his publicist said he'd be fine and that he was still gonna fight.

i'm sure he didn't, you can clearly tell which posts are genuinely his and which aren't. but that doesn't make him any less pathetic with his constant need for validation, even through his PR.

imagine being that successful, having made that kind of money, and still being that insecure.

To me it read like a little advertisement rather than a brag, like whoever wrote it is putting it out there that Mayweather's available for bookings

could be, but it's still so juvenile. if he wanted to make it public that he's available, he could've said that he's retired and only does speeches, appearances, occasional exhibitions. putting the "unprecedented amount of money" in there makes him look like a teenager desperate to convey how awesome he is.

ya, that's nothing new for him, anyone that needs a buncha assholes around him is insecure. for whatever reason, the greatest of boxers have always been insecure, ali and robinson's wife said things to that effect in way of explanation for all the losers they kept around them. In my personal experience, most of the fighters i've been around were pretty small minded and insecure too, it was easy to see how they could be manipulated. I still don't get it, how does a guy who fights for a living be so insecure but it happens. I've never liked Floyd, all the throwing money around is part of his schtick but he obviously really lives that way and it's hard to feel sorry for people that get those kinds of breaks and just squander it. I don't want to hear about how hard he works, lots of people work hard, if he weren't in a society with the tech that we have he'd be nothing. Same for any celeb I guess, without technology none of them would be what they are. But again, i don't like floyd.

i'm sure he didn't, you can clearly tell which posts are genuinely his and which aren't. but that doesn't make him any less pathetic with his constant need for validation, even through his PR.

imagine being that successful, having made that kind of money, and still being that insecure.

could be, but it's still so juvenile. if he wanted to make it public that he's available, he could've said that he's retired and only does speeches, appearances, occasional exhibitions. putting the "unprecedented amount of money" in there makes him look like a teenager desperate to convey how awesome he is.

i should say i don't like seeing any fighter go broke, well, i wouldn't mind sugar ray leonard going broke but outside of that, i don't want to see anyone go broke. floyd has some great qualities too, his treatment of the fans and making sure his people are taken care of are admirable but letting leeches feast off of you is just dumb.

Floyd retires from MMA and Boxing undefeated. LEGENDARY.

conu13.gif

Never once making a match with someone who was favoured to beat him. Like I said in an earlier post maybe coward is too strong a word but I stand by the fact that he never fought anyone with a real chance of beating him. Not since Corrales at least.

No Surprise that this isn't happening. With no kickboxing experience or conditioning to the legs, Floyd isn't going to be mobile after a couple of hard leg kicks. Hes smarter than that

Interestingly it was Aries crying to everyone that I should be banned for making up “conspiracy theories” when laying out the inconsistencies in boxing with advanced drug testing. Seen it, read it, heard it all before. From PAC, IVgate, “roidquez,” Canelo, BJS.

But it when it comes to reading quotes as just said about Aries, basically anyone can claim something...

It’s possible but I’m not sure what he’s gained if that’s the case. Rizin got something. They’ve sold 37000 tickets and received more attention worldwide than they’ve ever received before, at least for a few days. They might even see a ratings bump, although that isn’t guaranteed.

Floyd on the other hand looks a bit foolish. That image he cultivates of a savvy, fabulously wealthy businessman has taken a hit. This is a guy who will skip rope in your living room if you give him a few bucks. He’s the entertainment at a rich man’s party. That’s the sort of thing he should have left behind after all his success in the ring.
I would skip rope naked for Japanese business men all day for 1/10th of what Floyd was supposedly offered.

Back