Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin Nasukawa - Dec 31st

I would skip rope naked for Japanese business men all day for 1/10th of what Floyd was supposedly offered.
I might too. But neither of us is telling the world how rich we are every chance we get. It just seems to me that someone as well off as Floyd is supposed to be shouldn’t be hiring himself out like some bachelorette party stripper. I guess those $18 million watches and concrete mansions don’t pay for themselves.

Anyway, the story was a nice diversion for a couple of days. I just wonder what, if anything, this means for Paquiao. The Japanese thing was being sold as a tuneup not long ago. Is a rematch in the works or was it all bs? Will Manny be sacrificed to Spence sometime next year?

Floyd must be feeling pretty pissed off. He's been made to look like a total mug. Talked about being 'used'. Got a lot of publicity for Tenshin, they must be happy.

Never once making a match with someone who was favoured to beat him. Like I said in an earlier post maybe coward is too strong a word but I stand by the fact that he never fought anyone with a real chance of beating him. Not since Corrales at least.

Literally no reasonable fight for Floyd in his career would have ended up with him being an underdog, save maybe the Winky Wright fight, and that's barely on the cusp of being reasonable (Mosley or De la Hoya at an earlier date maybe, as well, but it's not Floyd's fault those fights were made later than they were). There was a minority of books that had Pacquiao the favourite in 2009, but the majority still favoured Floyd there. Ray Robinson would have maybe been an underdog once in his career before his first retirement (the 2nd fight with LaMotta). Does that make him a coward? I'm fairly sure Marvin Hagler was never an underdog in his entire career (he was a slight favourite on fight night against Hearns). Is Marvin Hagler a coward?

Maybe, just maybe the thing to take away from the fact that Mayweather has never been an underdog in a career where he regularly fought elite competition over 5 weight classes for nearly 20 years is that he's really fucking good, not that he's a coward.

Literally no reasonable fight for Floyd in his career would have ended up with him being an underdog, save maybe the Winky Wright fight, and that's barely on the cusp of being reasonable (Mosley or De la Hoya at an earlier date maybe, as well, but it's not Floyd's fault those fights were made later than they were). There was a minority of books that had Pacquiao the favourite in 2009, but the majority still favoured Floyd there. Ray Robinson would have maybe been an underdog once in his career before his first retirement (the 2nd fight with LaMotta). Does that make him a coward? I'm fairly sure Marvin Hagler was never an underdog in his entire career (he was a slight favourite on fight night against Hearns). Is Marvin Hagler a coward?

Maybe, just maybe the thing to take away from the fact that Mayweather has never been an underdog in a career where he regularly fought elite competition over 5 weight classes for nearly 20 years is that he's really fucking good, not that he's a coward.
Not true if he had fought Pac in his prime I'm sure many would have had him as an underdog and he could have gone up to fight GGG. He'd definitely be an underdog in that fight. Also he could have fought Canelo a second time right around now. I guess he'd be an underdog in that. Look what Garcia is doing now by fighting Spence. THAT'S challenging yourself. Props to Floyd that I have to pick fights like GGG where he'd be at a significant size disadvantage but that's a measure of how good he was. I'm just aware that he didm't push himself to the limits of what he was capable of.

Not true if he had fought Pac in his prime I'm sure many would have had him as an underdog and he could have gone up to fight GGG. He'd definitely be an underdog in that fight. Also he could have fought Canelo a second time right around now. I guess he'd be an underdog in that. Look what Garcia is doing now by fighting Spence. THAT'S challenging yourself.

The oddsmakers, on average, had him a favourite. That's a verifiable fact. How is it reasonable to expect Mayweather to fight a guy like Golovkin when he's in his late 30s and two whole weight classes smaller? How is reasonable to expect Mayweather to fight a guy like Canelo when he's in his 40s? I thought Garcia was avoiding Lomachenko by fighting Spence?

By the way, Floyd was an underdog against Genaro Hernandez. So Marvin Hagler is the only true coward in boxing, I guess.

The oddsmakers, on average, had him a favourite. That's a verifiable fact. How is it reasonable to expect Mayweather to fight a guy like Golovkin when he's in his late 30s and two whole weight classes smaller? How is reasonable to expect Mayweather to fight a guy like Canelo when he's in his 40s? I thought Garcia was avoiding Lomachenko by fighting Spence?
Because Floyd says he's the best ever! IF you proclaim yourself the best ever then you have to prove it by taking fights that you are actually at some risk of losing. Floyd could test himself at the end of his career to see if age catches up with him but he's too much in love with his 50-0 record to do that. Why do I hold Floyd to such standards? Because he could have been truly the best ever.

And yes Garcia is avoiding Loma by fighting Spence. But you already know the reason why that is don't you? Garcia is going to get beaten by the bigger man. That would mean his legacy is unaffected because he fought someone who was always going to beat him. But he doesn't want to fight Loma because he's scared of how it will look when he gets beaten by the smaller man. What don't you understand about that?

Last edited:
By the way, Floyd was an underdog against Genaro Hernandez. So Marvin Hagler is the only true coward in boxing, I guess.
Yeah Floyd never tested himself once he got past Corrales did he? And Marvin, who is one of my favourite fighters, can never lay claim to being the best ever. That isn't something I put on Floyd, that's something that he refers to himself as. So lets see it tested. Floyd when he started calling himself the best ever never tested it.

Floyd approves of more discussion of Floyd.

I would skip rope naked for Japanese business men all day for 1/10th of what Floyd was supposedly offered.
That depends on whether you're a grower or a shower. I doubt the Japanese businessmen would care but you do have a reputation to uphold, that of a shower.

Pacquiao fans still haven't gotten over his loss I see.

Well, less than millions, sure but thats a 90 dollar PPV anyway.

Stack the undercard with midgets in their underwear and you’re looking at a respectable buy rate.

So, basically....

Floyd got his name out there again but the un-foreseen consequence from his camp is suddenly this kid Nasukawa is on everyone's mind and the Japanese lower weight class kickboxers and boxers are suddenly on the lips of ESPN analysts because of Floyd?

Did I get that right?

Back