Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan set for May 3rd

eXtv

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
source

The official announcement will be made in the next few days and Khan has already pulled out of his challenge to world welterweight champion Devon Alexander, scheduled for December 7 in New York, to ensure that his dream fight with Mayweather is not jeopardised.

Khan is being given this opportunity of a lifetime thanks to a conviction in America that his exceptional speed will present a unique test to Mayweather, who has dealt imperiously with all threats from bigger and supposedly stronger foes.

Stephen Espinosa, head of sports for the giant Showtime cable TV network which bankrolls both men, says:

Last edited:
all i can say is lol

Floyd is going to murk him him and murk him pretty easily

stoppage within 10 rounds

This will not end well for Khan. I could see him eating a hard lead right and then it's night night time.

Is this official ?

Yep, just been announced.

Nice pay day, not much lost if he does lose , Win-Win for Khan really.

He got floored in his last fight.

I don't think it'll compare to Hatton v Floyd, most people here like seeing Khan get ktfo.

Just a quick note to say it's the Daily Mail giving the "official" confirmation.

The Mail (or the Daily Heil as it's sometimes known) isn't a paper known for their dedication to the truth or accuracy in general and by God I hope that's the case here.

There's no defence for Mayweather if he does take this bout. It's a damn farce.

Yep, just been announced.

Nice pay day, not much lost if he does lose , Win-Win for Khan really.

He got floored in his last fight.

I don't think it'll compare to Hatton v Floyd, most people here like seeing Khan get ktfo.

So the fight will happen in the UK ?

If true as a long time Mayweather fan I am disgusted

Can see why because of the $ but don't fucking say what you said last week and then go back... I know how they like to troll with coming out with opponents but this is low, Floyd will smash him and Khan gets that payday wanted

Fuck this fight. Khan gets stopped in the 3rd or 4th. Not buying it. The undercard better be like Cotto/Canelo if they're thinking if making this a PPV.

You guys are selling Amir Khan short, His Boxing Guru Virgil Hunter is already hard at work laying down the blue print that Amir "King" Khan will follow to a tee to Victory, (Srsly i keed, Amir is getting spanked)

My only hope is that this is Mayweather and his team playing games. In the past they've floated out a possible opponent and seen how the public reacted as a sort of "test run". I hope this is the same and the Daily Mail have simply got the wrong end of the stick (not for the first time...).

I hope...

I really, really, really hope...

Financially it makes sense. Khan still brings in the ratings even against someone like Molina. I know they've been gunning for this fight but I would have preferred he get through Devon first. Probably safe to assume GB doesn't have that trust in Khan though. I guess they'll just go with Khan's two fight win streak.

I don't even see this fight doing particularly impressive ratings. Senseless fight.

My only hope is that this is Mayweather and his team playing games. In the past they've floated out a possible opponent and seen how the public reacted as a sort of "test run". I hope this is the same and the Daily Mail have simply got the wrong end of the stick (not for the first time...).

I hope...

I really, really, really hope...

Like that time they offered to fight Ghost and the public reacted with disgust so they vowed never to let it happen.

This is why PBF is an ATG.

Like that time they offered to fight Ghost and the public reacted with disgust so they vowed never to let it happen.

I seem to recall them mentioning Devon Alexander to an even worse reception (unfairly in my mind)... and as now appears to be the case, that bout's not going to happen.

Back