Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan set for May 3rd

I wonder how many times Amir's legs will go into noodle mode for this one. He might win a few early rds based on flurrying, throwing more shots, and winning points on punches that don't land but look flashy, but eventually he's gonna get countered with something short and sharp and he will start stanky legging across the ring.

Makes sense. Boxing is about making money and money wise this is the fight to make. Khan is a great champion with alot of speed, toughness and heart. Two undefeated fighters going at it

Makes sense. Boxing is about making money and money wise this is the fight to make. Khan is a great champion with alot of speed, toughness and heart. Two undefeated fighters going at it

Huh?

Can we get a poll on here and make it an official thread?

Would you buy it or not

This likely will be box office in uk, it won't do better than Hatton

When the Daily Mail is the only source reporting this, I am skeptical.

Hahaha lol at extreme speed. Please don't waste pbf's last fights

Khan has to be build up to be worthy champion. There cant be any mention of his defeats and him being knocked out silly. so I think he will be promoted as this speed machine who overwhelms everyone. His knockouts will not be shown or mentioned as I said two undefeated fighters

This looks like a slightly more dignified version of GSP vs Diaz: "We built this fucker up and we're making him fight before he gets fooled again."

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70199#ixzz2gbwe8ksf
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Team Khan

Team Khan would like to dispel recent reports that Amir Khan has pulled out of a potential match-up against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander on December 7th, taking up a fight against Floyd Mayweather in May of next year instead.

Contrary to this story, Amir Khan is currently in training camp in San Francisco with the aim of fighting again in December against Alexander once an agreement can be reached.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70199#ixzz2gbwe8ksf
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Team Khan

Team Khan would like to dispel recent reports that Amir Khan has pulled out of a potential match-up against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander on December 7th, taking up a fight against Floyd Mayweather in May of next year instead.

Contrary to this story, Amir Khan is currently in training camp in San Francisco with the aim of fighting again in December against Alexander once an agreement can be reached.

Allahu Akbar.

This looks like a slightly more dignified version of GSP vs Diaz: "We built this fucker up and we're making him fight before he gets fooled again."

Don't agree.

At least with the GSP vs Diaz fight it was a longstanding rivalry, that was a rivalry and a fight fans wanted for years. Diaz lost beforehand but it was controversial and a lot of people thought he won.

This fight, well I simply have no idea why they are having this fight. Granted there isnt a lot of opponents out there for Floyd but they really should have had Khan fight someone like Alexander beforehand. I guess beating Julio Diaz 114-113 and getting dropped in the process is impressive enough to fight the #1 P4P.

By Team Khan

I should have read this before posting.

Don't agree.

At least with the GSP vs Diaz fight it was a longstanding rivalry, that was a rivalry and a fight fans wanted for years. Diaz lost but it was controversial and a lot of people thought he won.This fight, well I simply have no idea why they are having this fight. Granted there isnt a lot of opponents out there for Floyd but they really should have had Khan fight someone like Alexander beforehand. I guess beating Julio Diaz 114-113 and getting dropped in the process is impressive enough to fight the #1 P4P.

Huh?

Even Nate scored it 50-45.

Back