Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan set for May 3rd

I just edited that because it looked like I was talking about the GSP fight.

Was meaning the Condit fight.

Ah, makes more sense.

Who else do you people think PBF should fight next?

I hate to say it, but I think it's gonna be Garcia.

I'd love to see a Golovkin fight at 154, but it won't happen.

Floyd's gonna make it look like a hard sparring session. Not buying. Maybe not even watching when it's out free

Don't agree.

At least with the GSP vs Diaz fight it was a longstanding rivalry, that was a rivalry and a fight fans wanted for years. Diaz lost beforehand but it was controversial and a lot of people thought he won.

This fight, well I simply have no idea why they are having this fight. Granted there isnt a lot of opponents out there for Floyd but they really should have had Khan fight someone like Alexander beforehand. I guess beating Julio Diaz 114-113 and getting dropped in the process is impressive enough to fight the #1 P4P.

WWE rules aren't meant to work in real sports.

why cancel the Devon fight? he's not ready for Mayweather

Fox Sports 1 just announced this. Said fight will be made official soon.

Hearing mixed things on twitter about it being official.

smh boxing. why not just do b-hop vs mayweather or gracia vs mayweather? what a joke of a fight. don't get me wrong khan is a great boxer, but as of recent he hasn't shown that he is capable of being in the ring with mayweather.

smh boxing. why not just do b-hop vs mayweather or gracia vs mayweather? what a joke of a fight. don't get me wrong khan is a great boxer, but as of recent he hasn't shown that he is capable of being in the ring with mayweather.

Because Mayweather boxes at 154lbs at most (and even then generally weighs 150lbs or less) while Hopkins is a 175lbs boxer?

Because Mayweather boxes at 154lbs at most (and even then generally weighs 150lbs or less) while Hopkins is a 175lbs boxer?

There's been talks of a middleweight fight between the two though, recently

There's been talks of a middleweight fight between the two though, recently

Just as there was talk from Hopkins moving up to 200lbs to take on Adamek and heavyweight to take on Maskaev.

There's no way Mayweather/Hopkins happens. At 160lbs especially, Hopkins offers nothing for Mayweather... no money, no respect ("he was drained and ancient!") and no belt.

Easy work.

edit: Shit I saw Seano's link just now.

Last edited:
Pretty lame fight for fans. Mayweather cares more about his legacy than giving the fans an interesting fight. Dude just beat Canelo and know cherry picks Amir. C'mon Floyd.

Makes sense. Boxing is about making money and money wise this is the fight to make. Khan is a great champion with alot of speed, toughness and heart. Two undefeated fighters going at it

Huh?

Easy work.

edit: Shit I saw Seano's link just now.

It's confusing. I personally the fight will take place, think about it, why is Alexander facing Judah? Why did his fight with Khan fall through?

This fight is definitely taking place. Floyd's TMT website has had a new t shirt of the UK for a few weeks now

Should make good money overseas. I don't think the domestic buy rates will be good though.

Back