Floyd Mayweather TBE?

Absolutely not.....The Best Ever would be heavyweight....Ali most probably followed by Joe Louis.

P4P exists in no other sport and in no other activity....only in boxing.

Its the heavyweight champion and then everyone else in a bucket.

As great as I think Sugar Ray Leonard was he would not be considered the best boxer ever because Muhammad Ali would beat him.

floyd would be a good boxer in any era, great as he is today is up for debate

Absolutely not.....The Best Ever would be heavyweight....Ali most probably followed by Joe Louis.

As great as I think Sugar Ray Leonard was he would not be considered the best boxer ever because Muhammad Ali would beat him.

Ah Mr Actjac fully accepted Muhammed Ali inside of himself, no doubt he is absorbed by many in the world for not only as a great boxer but as a great human being.

Weight classes exist in no other mainstream sport either.

P4P lists were originated so that guys like Robinson weren't overshadowed b the fighters at HW, boxings glamour division at the time. Thats why P4P lists really aren't supposed to include HWs

Given the environment that he's fighting in (promoters, TV networks, ranking orgs, etc.) he's made about as good a case as he could make. But I think the best fighters in previous generations, who were allowed/forced to fight more frequently made more convincing arguments and I'd put several of them ahead of Mayweather.

Wrestling and muay Thai would like a word. Buvaisar Saitiev and Samart Payakaroon aren't considered the greatest in their respective sports because they were the best in the heaviest weight class. Basically, any sport with weight classes is going to call the greatest competitor relative to weight the greatest competitor. I don't understand why you struggle so much with this.

Floyd could possibly make a case for being top 10... He is definitely not in consideration as being TBE or even top 5 IMO.

After GGG beats the Cotto/Canalo winner(lets not pretend that wont happen if no ducking accurs). If Floyd beats him more convincingly than Ray beat Hagler, then yes Floyd would be the undisputed GOAT, and anybody who argues should be forced to eat processed fertilizer.
If Gennady wins and then beats Ward, he.. oh wait Floyd is too old now, prime counter and all.. moving on.

After GGG beats the Cotto/Canalo winner(lets not pretend that wont happen if no ducking accurs). If Floyd beats him more convincingly than Ray beat Hagler, then yes Floyd would be the undisputed GOAT, and anybody who argues should be forced to eat processed fertilizer.
If Gennady wins and then beats Ward, he.. oh wait Floyd is too old now, prime counter and all.. moving on.

Floyd has done more in the sport than Ray. Hearns and Hagler aren't around so he can't fight them. Ray fighting Hagler was Ray moving up from welter (having actually won a title at 154 at one point as well) to 160. Floyd has already moved from 130 to as high as 154. Floyds record vs champs and p4p'ers > Ray's.

Hagler and SRL are almost the same size, actually. They are the both 5'10, and have similar sized frames. The only real difference being that Ray was a bit more of an ectomorph and Marvin was more of a mesomorph. I'd say they were naturally separated by one full weight class.

GGG and Floyd seem more like 2-3 weight classes apart in natural size.

Hagler and SRL are almost the same size, actually. They are the both 5'10, and have similar sized frames. The only real difference being that Ray was a bit more of an ectomorph and Marvin was more of a mesomorph. I'd say they were naturally separated by one full weight class.

GGG and Floyd seem more like 2-3 weight classes apart in natural size.
Chlorophyll more like borophyll.

Hagler and SRL are almost the same size, actually. They are the both 5'10, and have similar sized frames.

I doubt Hagler at 5'10. I think him and Floyd would on eye level.
So rather 5'8.

Him and Duran were on eye level.

Last edited:
Chlorophyll more like borophyll.

Aka, Ray was naturally thinner while Hagler was naturally stockier.

I doubt Hagler at 5'10. I think him and Floyd would on eye level.
So rather 5'8.

Him and Duran were on eye level.

You're right. So, Sugar Ray Leonard was actually taller than Hagler.

aae8f1_60b054f41c269821ef9af2f693fe0448.jpg_srz_234_355_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

My point though, is that SRL is naturally pretty close in size to Hagler. Mayweather and Golovkin are nowhere close at all. Making the "SRL fought Hagler, and Floyd won't fight GGG" comparison nonsensical.

I was actually pointing out how small Hagler was the other day to someone. By today's standards, Hagler would be considered a small middleweight, and actually more of a super-welterweight. The guy was close to 5'8 and routinely weighed-in a few pounds below 160. He probably only fought at middleweight because that's a bigger money division, and a more historically celebrated division than 154.

A guy like GGG or Martinez would be significantly bigger than Hagler in the ring.

Floyd never beat opponents much bigger than himself. I think he was bigger than most of his opponents. Lightweights fighting at Welterweight. The multi-division thing is exaggerated.

Floyd never beat opponents much bigger than himself. I think he was bigger than most of his opponents. Lightweights fighting at Welterweight. The multi-division thing is exaggerated.

Thats not true at all.

No issue with Floy not being called TBE because that is opinion, but this is an absolutely terrible, terrible argument.

Wilder would knock Floyd out, is Wilder a better boxer?

How many fighters were both taller with a longer reach?

Floyd has a freakish reach for his height, so it's extremely hard to find anybody that can make his division with a longer reach.

I think DLH is the only guy he ever fought with a longer reach (73inches). Zab Judah has the same reach (72inches). I'm pretty sure he had a reach advantage over the other 46.

Divisions arent based on height and reach are they?

Oh.

Back