floyd mayweather on fighting ronda rousey

I'd rather watch Ronda fight Cyborg.
Floyd would wreck her, the difference in skills is enormous.

You're right the difference in skills is enormous. Just not like what you are thinking though.

The fight is never ever going to happen and I understand why. True Floyd would be in a no win situation (as any man would be). But all that said I have some very strong opinions on what I feel would happen. I strongly feel Ronda would completely destroy Mayweather in an MMA based fight. Sure Floyd would mop the floor with her in straight boxing , no question about that. But in MMA and this is what I can not understand why so many don't see it this way also, but in MMA I can't see how Floyd could do much of anything.

People like to say all he would do is go in and throw a jab or a fast combo and lay her out cold. Well for a boxer with considerable power that may be a possibility. Floyd is no a power puncher though. Ok then people will counter with "But he's a man" and "they would be wearing much smaller gloves". Once again these facts are true. But what so many seem to fail to realize is Ronda wouldn't be looking to feel him out and dance around or see what happens if she decided to throw a few punches with him. No it would basically be cover up completely, charge in, grab the first thing that presents itself and BAM, Floyd goes flying. Even if Floyd had a year or so to prepare it wouldn't be enough. Anyone recall Couture vs Toney? Toney trained for over a year for that fight and you see what ease the old man wrestler had? Ronda is a judo master, roughly the same size as floyd and most likely due to the differences in training and sport (stronger or at the very least equal in strength). The fight would look much like Ronda's last few fights (not counting this last KO win she had). But she would boar in, grab an arm or whatever,sling him to the mat and arm bar the hell out of him. It'll never take place like I said, but if it did I'd wager any available money I had on that exact out come. And I'd win too!

Like I said, no win situation for Mayweather and I don't hold it against him he wouldn't do it. I wouldn't either. But I am not so sexist or delusional to just blindly say oh Floyd kills her because I don't want to believe a man can't be beaten by a woman. You guy's need to get in the real world and realize a man isn't going to win just because he has a set of balls and she doesn't. She is an olympic level athlete in the prime of her life with a set of skills that over matches a person only trained to use their hands. That is fact.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Floyd has plenty of power in his hands especially to knock out a slow 135 pound chick. All he needs to land is 1 lightning combo with the 4 oz gloves to shut her lights out. I hate Floyd for being a pompous prick who ducked Pacquiao until he felt comfortable he could win but Floyd would just circle and zap Ronda's chin like a dartboard.

Edit: This is my last post on this topic, I don't even know why I started. You can never teach these idiots, in before that my little pony loving creep enters the thread and starts talking about how jealous all the men are about Ronda.

Would rather see Floyd fight Mighty Mouse.

That's not a close fight, imo. MM is just as quick overall (not hands of course) as Floyd. The same can't be said for Ronda who is relatively slow as fuck and stiff as an iron board. I believe MM can at least survive a power combo closing in and taking Floyd down to either dry hump him or sub him.

The real question in a make-believe-world where this would fight would take place is whether or not Ronda can close the gap before getting zapped with 4 short hooks to send her to the middle of next week. If the Bethe fight is any indicator, she won't.

I think in an MMA fight, basically either Floyd lands a punch and knocks her out or she gets her hands on him and subs him quickly, and I think it's pretty 50/50. Obviously outside of an MMA fight Floyd probably beats her to a pulp.

I can't stand Mayweather, but really he's in a no-win situation here. If he doesn't fight her some will see it as ducking. If he did fight her and he lost, then he lost to a woman. If he wins, then he beat a woman (obviously he has an alleged past of this). There's no way he comes out of the situation looking good.

You clearly haven't heard Ronda's fool proof game plan for a fight with Floyd. If you had you'd realize the chances of her winning are closer to 95%.

Ronda's Totally Serious Fool Proof Plan said:
I'd tell you what I'd do. Are you ready? I'd drop down to the ground and crawl over to him as fast as I can and then I'd grab him by a l-I wouldn't even stand up! I wouldn't even be anywhere near him! I would just do like a little army crawl over there and he would have to run away and I would just be all skittering after him like the, like the, like the one dude in um Bloodsport that was doin like the whole like monkey crawl fight system. I would do that! I would just bear crawl over there, just too low for him to hit me, and uh I'd tackle him down. So that's my plan.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Floyd has plenty of power in his hands especially to knock out a slow 135 pound chick. All he needs to land is 1 lightning combo with the 4 oz gloves to shut her lights out. I hate Floyd for being a pompous prick who ducked Pacquiao until he felt comfortable he could win but Floyd would just circle and zap Ronda's chin like a dartboard.

Well I think it's you who obviously has no clue. You say Floyd has plenty of power in his hands to ko a slow 135 pound chick. First ofall she is no where near 135 pounds come fight night. She's pushing 150ish. Second there isn't a slow bone in that woman's body. Like I said before she's anOlympic level athlete, nuff said about that.

Next off he just going to circle around popping off lighting fast combos huh? Well in a boxing match I would say you are right. But it's not as easy to just dance around t'ing off on someone when the other person doesn't have to just stay standing in front of you. When your goal is to grab on and grapple you have the luxury then to completely protect yourself and bum rush someone till you are too close for any hard shots. She might would have to take a body shot or glancing blow to the head but I am pretty sure she can take that from mayweather. She isn't going to just stand there letting him T off on her. She's grabbing on to any body part and believe me, he's going for a ride. Oh well this is all pointless speculation and someone with the mind set you have isn't going to listen anyway. You know men and women have already fought against each other in MMA before don't you? In one case that I read about a muy tai fighter was thrown down and brutalized by a woman mma fighter quite easily. But we are never going to see this happen in the big leagues so really what does any of our talk about it matter.

classy interview for once, he held his tongue a lot

Edit: This is my last post on this topic, I don't even know why I started. You can never teach these idiots, in before that my little pony loving creep enters the thread and starts talking about how jealous all the men are about Ronda.

Well I wish you would bother to try and teach me (the idiot) that I am. Even though I have boxed and wrestled in my life time I am sure you could school me on some of the finer points of fighting and how Mayweather must be the easy winner because you have all the knowledge.

Well I think it's you who obviously has no clue. You say Floyd has plenty of power in his hands to ko a slow 135 pound chick. First ofall she is no where near 135 pounds come fight night. She's pushing 150ish. Second there isn't a slow bone in that woman's body. Like I said before she's anOlympic level athlete, nuff said about that.

Next off he just going to circle around popping off lighting fast combos huh? Well in a boxing match I would say you are right. But it's not as easy to just dance around t'ing off on someone when the other person doesn't have to just stay standing in front of you. When your goal is to grab on and grapple you have the luxury then to completely protect yourself and bum rush someone till you are too close for any hard shots. She might would have to take a body shot or glancing blow to the head but I am pretty sure she can take that from mayweather. She isn't going to just stand there letting him T off on her. She's grabbing on to any body part and believe me, he's going for a ride. Oh well this is all pointless speculation and someone with the mind set you have isn't going to listen anyway. You know men and women have already fought against each other in MMA before don't you? In one case that I read about a muy tai fighter was thrown down and brutalized by a woman mma fighter quite easily. But we are never going to see this happen in the big leagues so really what does any of our talk about it matter.

Here is the best Female Muay Thai Kickboxer in history, Lucia Rijker, vs an unranked unknown journeyman.

[YT]FsaTPtUl4vs[/YT]

Also Ronda is slower than molasses when you talk about Floyd. Have you ever seen Floyd fight? Go learn something about combat sports then get back to me.

You

People like to say all he would do is go in and throw a jab or a fast combo and lay her out cold. Well for a boxer with considerable power that may be a possibility. Floyd is no a power puncher though

LOL @ comparing the punch resistance of seasoned professionals, who've been conditioned to absorb the impact of punches since they were kids, to that of a woman who probably only picked up a boxing glove for the first a couple of years ago.

Even if Floyd had a year or so to prepare it wouldn't be enough. Anyone recall Couture vs Toney? Toney trained for over a year for that fight and you see what ease the old man wrestler had?

Mayweather isn't a immobile, morbidly obese, punch drunk mess and, most importantly, Rousey isn't a man. And LOL @ Toney, who weighed in at the heaviest of his entire career, training.

LOL @ comparing the punch resistance of seasoned professionals, who've been conditioned to absorb the impact of punches since they were kids, to that of a woman who probably only picked up a boxing glove for the first a couple of years ago.

Mayweather isn't a immobile, morbidly obese, punch drunk mess and, most importantly, Rousey isn't a man. And LOL @ Toney, who weighed in at the heaviest of his entire career, training.

Conditioned to absorb punches? If anything you lose your ability to absorb punches.

Floyd would ko Honda and cyborg period.

Conditioned to absorb punches? If anything you lose your ability to absorb punches.

See the fact that you don't realize he means they have mastered anticipating when a punch is coming or not and how to roll with each kind of punch lets people like me and him know you are a hopeless case like the rest of the chumps who have no idea what they're talking about.

Here is the best Female Muay Thai Kickboxer in history, Lucia Rijker, vs an unranked unknown journeyman.

[YT]FsaTPtUl4vs[/YT]

Also Ronda is slower than molasses when you talk about Floyd. Have you ever seen Floyd fight? Go learn something about combat sports then get back to me.

So my man, are you saying Ronda is slow as in her hands and her stand up? I will go ahead and assume that's what you mean. Comparing Floyd and Ronda stand up wise you are correct, I'll concede that. Once again I will argue that would make very little difference in the kind of fight that would be taking place though.

I'll bring it up again... Did you watch HOF great James Toney take his try at MMA? Incase you didn't know or watch he fought a very over the hill Randy Couture and the results were probably startling for someone like you. You see James Toney who is without a doubt a boxing legend and as skilled at the art of boxing as nearly anyone ever got handled in a completely embarrassing fashion. Did you also notice (if you did see the fight) how Randy never stood with him at all, not even for a few seconds? Now granted we are talking about two men here and not a woman vs a man, but are you under some sort of thinking that Floyd because he is a man would sinply throw Ronda off of him and hit her with his barrage of punches because she's so much smaller and weaker?

Like I said I have a little bit of experience myself in boxing (did so as an amateur and I wrestled in highschool), obviously not elite in either sport but it does give me a frame of reference. I know how a grappler has the advantage in any fight where it's allowedto do so. And Floyd being the master of boxing that he is, it still doesn't change the fact that he has no frame of reference for anything else. He's what 39 now? Even if he started now it would never be enough time for him to catch up enough in all that he doesn't know to make up for his lack of proper skills when it comes to anything non boxing related. He'd be fucked.

But I've wasted enough time now, like you said before, no real point. I'm out!

See the fact that you don't realize he means they have mastered anticipating when a punch is coming or not and how to roll with each kind of punch lets people like me and him know you are a hopeless case like the rest of the chumps who have no idea what they're talking about.

They do that in boxing. This is MMA. Ronda is not gonna stand in front of MMA and box with him. As far as him catching her while she is diving for his body or legs, show me him doing that to someone.

You simply don

Well Toney was always fat. Didn't stop him from being a multiple time world champion. He was also a very gifted defensive fighter. He may sound stupid to you but if so that's just how he is. He's not punch drunk. Hell he was just as fat when he schooled the shit out of Evander Holyfield when they fought. No it's not a case of being fat or out of shape. He just wasn't equipped (even with a year or more training) to handle someone who's been grappling their whole life. Even when the other guy was even older than he was. Ronda woman or not is a supreme athlete in the prime of her career.

Why are these people wasting his time with these stupid questions. We all know its never going to happen and why does he have to fight under mma rules? I would bet my house that with training, he would do better in mma than Ronda would in pure boxing. Let's be real; all these MMA stars like Ronda are envious at his paychecks. I think it's pathetic that he probably has been paid more than all of the UFC roster combined.

So my man, are you saying Ronda is slow as in her hands and her stand up? I will go ahead and assume that's what you mean. Comparing Floyd and Ronda stand up wise you are correct, I'll concede that. Once again I will argue that would make very little difference in the kind of fight that would be taking place though.

I'll bring it up again... Did you watch HOF great James Toney take his try at MMA? Incase you didn't know or watch he fought a very over the hill Randy Couture and the results were probably startling for someone like you. You see James Toney who is without a doubt a boxing legend and as skilled at the art of boxing as nearly anyone ever got handled in a completely embarrassing fashion. Did you also notice (if you did see the fight) how Randy never stood with him at all, not even for a few seconds? Now granted we are talking about two men here and not a woman vs a man, but are you under some sort of thinking that Floyd because he is a man would sinply throw Ronda off of him and hit her with his barrage of punches because she's so much smaller and weaker?

Like I said I have a little bit off experience myself in boxing (did so as an amateur and I wrestled in highschool), obviously not elite in either sport but it does give me a frame of reference. I know how a grappler has the advantage in any fight where it's allowedto do so. And Floyd being the master of boxing that he is, it still doesn't change the fact that he has no frame of reference for anything else. He's what 39 now? Even if he started now it would never be enough time for him to catch up enough in all that he doesn't know to make up for his lack of proper skills when it comes to anything non boxing related. He'd be fucked.

But I've wasted enough time now, like you said before, no real point. I'm out!

Look man if I came of like a jackass I'm sorry, you seem like a nice enough guy. You're just wrong here, and you can't compare fat punch drunk diabetic James Toney to Floyd Mayweather who just beat a lightning fast Manny Pacquiao. Regardless, you DEFINITELY can't compare Randy Couture to Ronda. Trust me dude, I love Ronda and she is by far the best 135 lb woman fighter on the planet but you are wrong on this. All floyd has to do is circle back and cut angles as she tries to rush him and zap her with a lightning straight to the chin which will knock her stiff.

EDIT: Also I saw that you wrote Toney was always fat in response to the other poster and you're wrong on this as well. My guess is you have never seen RJJ vs James Toney, please don't comment on things you don't know about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back