floyd mayweather on fighting ronda rousey

Mayweather one punches Rousey.

If you believe different you're a very bias person.

I believe that Ronda would have a good shot at beating Floyd. His ground game and TD skills are non-existing and the two are pretty similar in size. It's not like Floyd is a big guy, Ronda may even be bigger.
Floyd would have a "man-strenght" advantage over Ronda but in the grappling exachanges it very likely wouldn't be enough overcome the huge gap in skill between the two. He would probably have to get the K.O. within 5-10 seconds of the fight, before Ronda closes the gap and gets into the clinch. Once in the clinch Floyd would likely go flying and armbarred within seconds.
Could he get the K.O. pretty much instantly? Sure, but his style is not exactly that of a power-puncher. In his fights he mostly relies on great defensive skills and using "pitter-patter" punches to score points.
My guess is that Ronda more times than not manages to survive for more than 10 seconds and gets the armbar.

Mayweather would put your lights out if he landed his straight.

If Floyd fought smart and stayed at ranged ROnda would never waddle close enough to him to sub him before he lit her up, she would never land a punch on him that is for sure.

Putting Mayweather's name along with hers s really an insult for Floyd.

She has won 12 fights Floyd has won 48. Floyd has beaten hall of famers, has a HOF career. She has been a bunch of women that quite frankly looked like they won competitions to fight her. That Brazilian woman last Saturday looked like she was picked by Dana to come out of the crowd.

All this is, is MMA fans showing their insecurity about boxing about Floyd Mayweather. He is the best boxer he will never compete in MMA. Get over it already.

Who was the first mma fighter to call out Mayweather? Sean Sherk?

That was more uncle Fester putting his name forward & him stepping up like the good company man he was. They promptly shut the f*ck up once Kermit Cintron (a far more realistic option) threw his name out to fight Sherk doe. Tried to use the "nobody knows who he is" excuse, conveniently ignoring the fact that nobody knew who Sherk was, either.

Mayweather is tiny and not known to have much power in his punches.

Mayweather would shatter Duffee's glass jaw if he connected, no doubt.

Maywheater without boxing gloves fighting a woman? No Thanks, even if Ronda could win somehow she shouldn't risk her health like that. Also like the Ali "mma" fight it can be boring and Floyd could get his legs injured taking kicks or leglocks for beating a woman (no gain cause he would have the strenght advantage). Not worth it

Do you understand the difference in speed and athleticism here though? I'm not sure you do, Floyd would jab her into a living death as the great scholar Ken Shamrock would say. Rousey definitely has a small chance to win, but it is a small one.

Edit:
Incredibly small chance

I do get the incredible difference, but that's not the point (and that point was also missed with the Lucia Rijker video). Let me give an example that's easier to quantify than boxing vs MMA.

Usain Bolt is the greatest sprint athlete of the past decade, if not ever. Marianne Vos is the greatest female cyclist of this generation. There is no doubt who is (by far) the greatest athlete. Heck, in absolute terms, Marianne Vos isn't even up there with the 1.000.000th best male sprinting athlete.

Now, if we assume that Bolt cannot ride a bike and will rely solely on his running, who will win a top speed competition, bikes allowed? Truth is that Vos will easily outpace a running Bolt with her bike, not because she is such a good athlete (at least not in comparison to your avarage male athlete, let alone Usain Bolt) but because the used medium, cycling, is greatly superior to running - speed wise.

In the case with Rousey vs Floyd, the idea that he will surely connect in a decisive way before they clinch is simply not realistisc. Floyd is not conditioned to avoid a clinch at all costst. I honestly think that even the average amateur boxer (male of female) can get into a single clinch with Floyd before they get knocked the fuck out, simply because it's really unavoidable. Yeah, Floyd has great footwork, but that's developed with the idea of a boxing opponent; someone that stands in front of him at a certain range, not with the idea of avoiding clinches from bull rushing opponents or opponents that dive at your legs.

Yea I don't understand any of this.. they're totally different sports! Of course Floyd would lose an mma fight. Probably to just about everyone! But he'd beat the living hell out of any mma fighter in a boxing match... you don't see people saying that enough in these threads.

You cannot blame the fighters for this always coming up, its the dip-shit media.

You obviously haven't sparred with any competitive Ammy or pro MMA fighters or boxers. Getting hit with a relentless and sharp jab will ruin your shit dumbass. You cant just magically get past someone jab if you're slower, smaller and it hurts you

Yea a lot of top level mma fighters try to use the jab to keep away takedowns too. Florian and GSP come to mind.

Back