floyd mayweather on fighting ronda rousey

LOL @ comparing the punch resistance of seasoned professionals, who've been conditioned to absorb the impact of punches since they were kids, to that of a woman who probably only picked up a boxing glove for the first a couple of years ago.

Mayweather isn't a immobile, morbidly obese, punch drunk mess and, most importantly, Rousey isn't a man. And LOL @ Toney, who weighed in at the heaviest of his entire career, training.

So Floyd hit so hard he's going to knock her out through her arms and hands which no doubt would never leave the front of her face until she latched on to him somewhere? He's got thAt kind of mule kick power huh? I mean if we were talking about a 140 pound version of Tyson I'd say there was a chance. But Mayweather is no tyson in the power department. He gonna land a combo on some arms and gloves and then he's going for the ride of his life. Once on the ground, nuff said.

Floyd is too fast for her to get close. The first time Ronda sees one of his jabs would be her watching the replay of Floyd popping a jab in her face and putting her out. It would be nothing like Toney and Couture going at it.

They'll never fight each other anyway. Unbelievable that people believe it could happen.

I feel bad for Floyd when it comes to this BS. It must be irritating when people try to ride your coattails.

Ronda/UFC have looked quite pathetic latching onto his name when they know they'll never be in a position to back it up. Ronda will never fight a man? fine, then shut the fuck up about her beating up men. Don't use something to hype somebody when people can't look forward to to it being backed up someday. I'm fine with her not, because i know the result of that...but it never seizes to amaze me how fuckin stupid people are that they buy this shit.

So Ronda did 800K buys(probably cooked)...that is a massive failure for Floyd and he does it being a talent, not a creation.

Ronda Rousey has slower hand speed than some UFC heavyweights like JDS and Arlovski. Mayweather is one of the fastest boxers ever. The speed difference is so astronomical that Rousey might as well stationary.

Well Toney was always fat. Didn't stop him from being a multiple time world champion. He was also a very gifted defensive fighter. He may sound stupid to you but if so that's just how he is. He's not punch drunk. Hell he was just as fat when he schooled the shit out of Evander Holyfield when they fought. No it's not a case of being fat or out of shape. He just wasn't equipped (even with a year or more training) to handle someone who's been grappling their whole life. Even when the other guy was even older than he was. Ronda woman or not is a supreme athlete in the prime of her career.

No, he wasn't always fat; if you actually knew what you were talking about, you'd know that he spent his peak years fighting at 160 & 168. There was no natural progression, he was just a lazy f*ck with appalling diet habits and an even worse work ethic.

He is punch drunk, his reflexes & mobility shot - an absolute physical wreck of a man that shouldn't be granted a license to fight anywhere. The fact that I'm having to explain this to you is an embarrassment.

Ronda Rousey is a woman, competing in a 'talent' pool that's about as deep as a puddle of piss. She cannot, under any fair circumstances, beat any trained male that she doesn't enjoy a vast & significant size advantage over. Beta's, progressives, feminists & Zuffa shills can pretend otherwise all they like.

Look man if I came of like a jackass I'm sorry, you seem like a nice enough guy. You're just wrong here, and you can't compare fat punch drunk diabetic James Toney to Floyd Mayweather who just beat a lightning fast Manny Pacquiao. Regardless, you DEFINITELY can't compare Randy Couture to Ronda. Trust me dude, I love Ronda and she is by far the best 135 lb woman fighter on the planet but you are wrong on this. All floyd has to do is circle back and cut angles as she tries to rush him and zap her with a lightning straight to the chin which will knock her stiff.

EDIT: Also I saw that you wrote Toney was always fat in response to the other poster and you're wrong on this as well. My guess is you have never seen RJJ vs James Toney, please don't comment on things you don't know about.

I understand. I (we) spent too much time on this topic anyway. We all know it will never happen and shouldn't even happen even if we wanted it too. I am a nice guy, thanks for noticing lol. But I feel what I feel and you feel what you feel. No harm in that.

I know Toney wasn't really fat as a MW. He was still certainly soft for a pro athlete and boxer though. Wasn't really what I meant anyway. He was what most would consider a fatter guy for the majority of his career (that's what I meant). And he was quite successful at the heavy body weight also. Do I claim or think he was in his prime when he met Couture... No way. But he's still a HOF boxer with tons of skill in the art of stand up. The only reason I brought it up is to illustrate that a fighter who doesn't wish to stand and bang (and the other person isn't equipped with the know how to stop you from taking it down) well there just isn't a lot left for you at that point. But I do know boxing. I wasn't bringing up shit I don't know about. Been following that sport for 30 plus years now. Losing interest lately but I've been there and done that as far as boxing goes.

Ronda got tooled by a 15 year old jv wrestler , floyd would have no problem

I just imagine how many fighters call Mayweather out every week and how absurd it must sound to him to be asked by some reporter if he would fight a woman from a different fighting sport.

Floyd showing them how to handle interviews. The desperate attention grabbing from MMA is a joke [And this is coming from a far bigger MMA fan than boxing]. If they want to fight him

He apologized today for not knowing who she was last year

Lol people gone mad! Forgetting that Floyd is a master of movement or forgetting his "running skills". No matter what Honda tries she is eating punches.

Floyd even addressing this is absurd.

You're right the difference in skills is enormous. Just not like what you are thinking though.
And you know that... how? :icon_neut
To quote you from another post ITT
Oh well this is all pointless speculation and someone with the mind set you have isn't going to listen anyway

I'm not going to change your mind, so believe whatever you want. This fight will never happen anyway so we will never know who's right and who's wrong.

RF

Look man if I came of like a jackass I'm sorry, you seem like a nice enough guy. You're just wrong here, and you can't compare fat punch drunk diabetic James Toney to Floyd Mayweather who just beat a lightning fast Manny Pacquiao. Regardless, you DEFINITELY can't compare Randy Couture to Ronda. Trust me dude, I love Ronda and she is by far the best 135 lb woman fighter on the planet but you are wrong on this. All floyd has to do is circle back and cut angles as she tries to rush him and zap her with a lightning straight to the chin which will knock her stiff.

EDIT: Also I saw that you wrote Toney was always fat in response to the other poster and you're wrong on this as well. My guess is you have never seen RJJ vs James Toney, please don't comment on things you don't know about.

Its funny I had this discussion with my father an his friends after Rouseys last fight. Very credible people here, one competed for the Polish national Judo team and the other was a amateur boxer and now a coach. Both said Rousey would have a better chance to win.

First thing to consider here is that boxers are trained to connect on a standing target that is boxing against them. Floyd is the master of this when it comes to precision, timing and accuracy. But, once again vs a figure that is standing right in front of him boxing with him......not going in for a double leg takdown, or diving at his feet or clinching. The probability of Floyd landing this punch is not exactly high. If that punch doesnt land and he's on his back the fight is good as over with Ronda's grappling and submissions.

Can Floyd land that punch? Ya, it could happen. Can Ronda get in there and take him down? Ya, it could happen. You're playing a game of probability and odds here.....what are the chances of one happening more then the other??

After seeing this scenario in MMA I dont know how many hundreds of times where a guy waits to land a punch while someone is gonna shoot, that home run punch never lands. Granted its Floyd, I still dont give it a good shot to land. You have to understand Floyd is throwing that punch and pretty much has one shot to land it in a environment and circumstances he's never been in before. Ronda would put him on his back much more likely and Floyd is tapping out.

Last edited:
The fight is never ever going to happen and I understand why. True Floyd would be in a no win situation (as any man would be). But all that said I have some very strong opinions on what I feel would happen. I strongly feel Ronda would completely destroy Mayweather in an MMA based fight. Sure Floyd would mop the floor with her in straight boxing , no question about that. But in MMA and this is what I can not understand why so many don't see it this way also, but in MMA I can't see how Floyd could do much of anything.

People like to say all he would do is go in and throw a jab or a fast combo and lay her out cold. Well for a boxer with considerable power that may be a possibility. Floyd is no a power puncher though. Ok then people will counter with "But he's a man" and "they would be wearing much smaller gloves". Once again these facts are true. But what so many seem to fail to realize is Ronda wouldn't be looking to feel him out and dance around or see what happens if she decided to throw a few punches with him. No it would basically be cover up completely, charge in, grab the first thing that presents itself and BAM, Floyd goes flying. Even if Floyd had a year or so to prepare it wouldn't be enough. Anyone recall Couture vs Toney? Toney trained for over a year for that fight and you see what ease the old man wrestler had? Ronda is a judo master, roughly the same size as floyd and most likely due to the differences in training and sport (stronger or at the very least equal in strength). The fight would look much like Ronda's last few fights (not counting this last KO win she had). But she would boar in, grab an arm or whatever,sling him to the mat and arm bar the hell out of him. It'll never take place like I said, but if it did I'd wager any available money I had on that exact out come. And I'd win too!

Like I said, no win situation for Mayweather and I don't hold it against him he wouldn't do it. I wouldn't either. But I am not so sexist or delusional to just blindly say oh Floyd kills her because I don't want to believe a man can't be beaten by a woman. You guy's need to get in the real world and realize a man isn't going to win just because he has a set of balls and she doesn't. She is an olympic level athlete in the prime of her life with a set of skills that over matches a person only trained to use their hands. That is fact.

:redface:

Back