Floyd Mayweather: "Conor McGregor aka Mr. I Like To Quit"

"That's a good boy, keep speaking my name."

raw

He has gone silent. He started this and now Mayweather is finishing it.

We all know that if Floyd Mayweather fought MMA he would tap out faster than CM Punk once someone got him to the ground and applied a submission. There is no shame in accepting you have been defeated. Boxers do it to (e.g. quit on their stool) it is just easier to get someone to give up in MMA. So this comment is meaningless. Mayweather has a big mouth. He has bragging rights when it comes to accomplishments because he went undefeated in Boxing. But he is in my opinion a boring fighter or runs to avoid power punchers and hand picks his fights.

This beef with Conor McGregor is all hype. This is a fantasy fight until it actually happens and it won't happen obviously. I would respect Mayweather more if he agreed to fight Conor McGregor in both MMA and Boxing. Sign a contract for two fights e.g. "You try my sport and I will try yours." If he did that and obviously he would have to fight in the UFC first in order for Dana White to accept this then the fights can actually happen. But he would never do this because he's not really interested in challenging himself as a fighter. He hardly took risks in Boxing and he would never risk his image and aura of invincibility in MMA. This fight being Boxing only is obviously a mismatch. Mayweather's only reason for wanting this fight is so he can capitalize off of Mcgregor's popularity. Why not take a fight with the most popular MMA fighter right now who hasn't had a single professional Boxing match and stands no more than a puncher's chance? That's easy money. McGregor would do it because of it would be the biggest pay check he would ever make.

Years ago Mayweather was insulting MMA and said that Boxers were superior fighters who could beat Mixed Martial Artists at their own sport by knocking them out before they had a chance to get the fight to the ground. Dana White offered Mayweather a fight with Sean Sherk for the Lightweight title and said he would pay him money that made sense to him. Mayweather apologized for his comments and said he respected the abilities of fighters that compete in MMA. But later he kept talking trash about MMA with a new angle that Boxing was simply a better sport that required more talent to excel at and claimed that Boxers were better athletes.

So Mayweather simply shouldn't be taken seriously. I do like that there is a conversation about Boxing and MMA but I don't like hearing from people who are only about stroking their own ego and not testing themselves.

I don't like Floyd at all but there really isn't much Conor can reply too. Floyd hasn't lost which is a usual comeback for fighters trashtalking. Conor also can't use his money talk which is what he does for all the UFC fighters.

floyd lost... and he lost at least twice...

Real fighting isn't allowed in his sport.
Then It's not allowed in MMA, I see a guys in a sport on gym mats with lots of rules, shit they even have a uniform now, boxing is no less real fighting than mma

Oh look. Mr "elephants don't beef with ants" talking about Conor again. Remember when Floyd and his crew used to be Conor who? How times have changed.

Then why doesn't he buy whatever he wants?

he might lease them...there are certain advantages to leasing...you get a new car every couple of years...latest model...and you always have the option of buying...I personally would prefer to own it...but then, once you own it, you're stuck with it...

If he is making $20mil+ per fight why was there all that talk of him wanting to take a flat $10mil. payout for UFC 200 with no PPV points?
Why was he bragging about getting a $10mil. payday at 202 instead of the $20mil you claim he makes?
http://www.si.com/mma/2016/08/20/conor-mcgregor-ufc-202-pay

Of course I don't know exactly how much he makes...but if he gets a flat pay of say 3 million...and he gets ppv points, which is where the real money is...and considering how well his ppv's do, I'd say he makes a ton of money....how about 15-20 million.

Interesting how Conor has suddenly gone silent since Mayweather threatened to give him a slap. I think that shocked him a little; he probably figured Mayweather was the passive type who wouldn't say anything to him, let alone do something. But Conor is a student of the game; he's seen Don Frye-Sonny Westbrook, and he knows MMA fighters don't mess with boxers on the streets.

He's got a lot to say for a man who's retired

Back