Floyd Mayweather: "Conor McGregor aka Mr. I Like To Quit"

Everyone knows I hate Conor. But I hate ignorance more.

I hate people who use the phrase "quit," in reference to an ending to an MMA fight, specifically when it comes to tapping out. There is a huge distinction to be made between tapping due to being in a literal inescapable position, and giving up, and sort coasting for 5 rounds without trying, or giving up between rounds even.

It seems Mayweather is equating the act of tapping, to a lack of courage or heart, when in fact it's a NATURAL ACT and a NORMAL ENDING to an MMA fight.

To be totally unbiased, I might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not criticizing Conor for the act of tapping, but the seeming ease and quickness in which he did tap. But let's not bullshit, we boff know that's not what the fuck he's talking about. He's not educated in the sport to be able to make that kind of differentiation.

I agree that tapping does not equate to quitting, most submission grapplers will attest to that. However I disagree that Mayweather has to be educated in this particular sport to recognize how another athlete responds to adversity.

Everyone knows I hate Conor. But I hate ignorance more.

I hate people who use the phrase "quit," in reference to an ending to an MMA fight, specifically when it comes to tapping out. There is a huge distinction to be made between tapping due to being in a literal inescapable position, and giving up, and sort coasting for 5 rounds without trying, or giving up between rounds even.

It seems Mayweather is equating the act of tapping, to a lack of courage or heart, when in fact it's a NATURAL ACT and a NORMAL ENDING to an MMA fight.

To be totally unbiased, I might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not criticizing Conor for the act of tapping, but the seeming ease and quickness in which he did tap. But let's not bullshit, we boff know that's not what the fuck he's talking about. He's not educated in the sport to be able to make that kind of differentiation.

Luke Thomas covered this perfectly here:

He can count.

MTM2Mjk4NDQ4NTI4ODc3MTcw.jpg

Looks like those people around him are counting his money for him. Fail.

He has so much money, he doesn't need to count. He's exorbitantly rich, I'll give him that, of course.

But a grown man in the present day United States of America not being able to read? Wow.

Lol he can read man. 50 admitted it afterwards. The breakfast club audio was weird but he reads the comments on his instagram feed all the time when he's live when responding to haters. There's tons of other clips online of him reading perfectly fine too. Anyone who really thinks he can't read is just ridiculous. It's like the man is an undefeated multiple time champ and living legend. Not much people can say to hate on him so they start reaching with nonsense.

Hey guys, it the GOAT GUERNICA here. They don't call him McTapper for nothing! Floyd got a point

#GUERNICAbless

Looks like those people around him are counting his money for him. Fail.

Lol at you looking at that picture of him surrounded by money and associating that with the world fail when you will never see that amount in person. Those are his big booty hoes collecting.

Floyd holds the cards and calls the shots.

Floyd's the one with billions of dollars of PPV revenue generated in his career.

What is Conor's track record in that regard ?

If you want that fight with Floyd, it'll have to happen in a Boxing ring. The A side (Floyd) calls the shots.

The B side (Conor), listens to his Boss (Dana White) and does what he's told.

It must be sad...you dick-riding shit eaters worship a dude who has to take orders from a higher authority.

Whereas Floyd IS the higher authority in his world.

How very sad.

Cue a tirade of images from McGregor of rented cars being parked in the driveway of rented houses.

Floyd owns all his things, McGregor doesn't.

But whose credit score is higher? GTFO here with this garbage ass debate about whose richer ffs

Lol at you looking at that picture of him surrounded by money and associating that with the world fail when you will never see that amount in person. Those are his big booty hoes collecting.

The word 'fail' was directed at you, genius. You posted a picture of him lying on a bed of cash as proof that he could read/count, and I pointed out that there were a group of individuals around that count it for him. This constitutes your second fail in this thread. Keep trying, though.

There are too many variables in "real fights" to truly determine who would win or lose, besides, this post wasn't even about who would win in a fight or in a sanctioned MMA or boxing match, or about who has more money. The post is about Mayweather teasing McGregor about being a quitter and tapping.

So with that said, as a champion and elite level athlete (regardless of the sport) who has been around sports for his entire life, Mayweather should be able to recognize when another athlete has quit or when another athlete has showed a high level of perseverance. In this case Mayweather is essentially claiming that McGregor did not respond well to the adversity that Diaz brought to him and instead of showing champion level mettle McGregor "quit" instead.

Can we really disagree?

But whose credit score is higher? GTFO here with this garbage ass debate about whose richer ffs

It's not a garbage ass debate.

Floyd's net worth is directly correlated to the billions of dollars of PPV revenue that his fights have driven.

Conor's "pie" is a whole lot smaller compared to Floyd, although he has decent potential.

Ergo, it's a very salient point to bring up in this debate.

Floyd has generated more money, so he dictates the terms. Simple as that.

There are too many variables in "real fights" to truly determine who would win or lose, besides, this post wasn't even about who would win in a fight or in a sanctioned MMA or boxing match. The post is about Mayweather teasing McGregor about being a quitter and tapping.

So with that said, as a champion and elite level athlete (regardless of the sport) who has been around sports for his entire life, Mayweather should be able to recognize when another athlete has quit or when another athlete has showed a high level of perseverance. In this case Mayweather is essentially claiming that McGregor did not respond well to the adversity that Diaz brought to him and instead of showing champion level mettle McGregor "quit" instead.

Can we really disagree?

Conor dickriders don't understand logic.

If they did, these dumb fuck threads wouldn't even exist.

Then again, it is fun to educate these lamebrains.

Are people really going back to this dumbass rumor about Floyd's reading ability ?

...and your source is 50 Cent of all people ? Man, I should be surprised but then again, there are people who also thought Hillary Clinton was the shit.

No one has ever tested Mayweather's reading ability and even if they did, you're not privy to that information, so how can you stand behind a statement like that ?

Floyd holds the cards and calls the shots.

Floyd's the one with billions of dollars of PPV revenue generated in his career.

What is Conor's track record in that regard ?

If you want that fight with Floyd, it'll have to happen in a Boxing ring. The A side (Floyd) calls the shots.

The B side (Conor), listens to his Boss (Dana White) and does what he's told.

It must be sad...you dick-riding shit eaters worship a dude who has to take orders from a higher authority.

Whereas Floyd IS the higher authority in his world.

How very sad.

Completely abandoned your Floyd could hang with Conor in an MMA fight argument I see. :rolleyes:

Conor is currently a much bigger draw than Floyd, Floyd's last fight did between 400,000 and 550,000 buys.

Conor's last fight did around 3x that.

Also, Conor is only 28. Floyd didn't fight De La Hoya until he was 30.

The word 'fail' was directed at you, genius. You posted a picture of him lying on a bed of cash as proof that he could read/count, and I pointed out that there were a group of individuals around that count it for him. This constitutes your second fail in this thread. Keep trying, though.

Keep trying what? I didn't fail here nor there. He's got a build a bitch collection he pays, they're collecting, big whoop. We all seen Floyd count his own money from time to time. My point stands.

Back