Floyd Mayweather: "Conor McGregor aka Mr. I Like To Quit"

Completely abandoned your Floyd could hang with Conor in an MMA fight argument I see. :rolleyes:

Conor is currently a much bigger draw than Floyd, Floyd's last fight did between 400,000 and 550,000 buys.

Conor's last fight did around 3x that.

Also, Conor is only 28. Floyd didn't fight De La Hoya until he was 30.

Nope, I definitely believe that Floyd has a much, much better chance of whooping Connor in the Octagon than Connor has a chance to do the same in a Boxing Ring.

Conor couldn't even hang with Chris Van Heerden, who was going at 60% in sparring and is barely a Top 50 Welterweight in the world.

I imagine that there are plenty of UFC fighters that Mayweather could beat with even minimal training.

Remember, Anderson Silva and Donald Cerrone got their asses knocked out by fucking Tomato Cans in Boxing.

Whereas we all know what happened to Tim Sylvia, a former UFC champion, when he tried to fight Ray Mercer.

There's history of Boxers coming into MMA and having mixed success. Ray Mercer won, James Toney lost.

Holly Holm beat Ronda (she was only full-time MMA for a year or so before the Ronda fight) but lost to Tate and that Russian chick.

However, none of these MMA fighters could even THINK about getting into the Boxing Ring and having even mixed success.

Two of your legends (Silva and Cerrone), got their asses taxed by complete stooges. Conor got worked in sparring by another scrub. Luke Rockhold got worked by Andrew Tabiti, a no-name Heavyweight.

I imagine that there are plenty of UFC fighters that Mayweather could beat with even minimal training.

Imagine is the fucking word my friend.

mj-laughing.gif

Floyd is a retired boxer trying to keep himself relevant by associating himself with the biggest combat sports star. How times change.

Keep trying what? I didn't fail here nor there. He's got a build a bitch collection he pays, they're collecting, big whoop. We all seen Floyd count his own money from time to time. My point stands.

Anybody can fake counting their money.

The WMMA roster has more punching power then Floyd. Lets be serious. He would win out boxing him without a doubt.
lol@mma fans who think Floyd has no power. He has 26 wins by KO and thats against elite boxers, not club fighters. He hasnt been a knockout artist since moving up in weight, but take a look at his last dozen or so opponents- its a gallery of future Hall of Famers and legends of the sport. No MMA fighter would test those chins, let alone knock them out. I guarantee you no one in the UFC under 170 would survive these shots:

Posting cute little .gifs does nothing to refute the facts and the empirical evidence that I pointed out.

Once again, a former UFC champion got KOTFO by a never-was washed up 48 year old gatekeeper of a fighter.

Can you imagine an MMA fighter getting into the ring with an older former champion like Juan Manuel Marquez ? JMM would toy with them and then proceed to brutally KO them with ease.

You could just use a gun in a real fight. Both sports have silly rules.

Clearly by "a real fight", people mean using only their bodies, not any additional weapons. MMA resembles what a real fight would look like much more so than a boxing match does.

lol@mma fans who think Floyd has no power. He has 26 wins by KO and thats against elite boxers, not club fighters. He hasnt been a knockout artist since moving up in weight, but take a look at his last dozen or so opponents- its a gallery of future Hall of Famers and legends of the sport. No MMA fighter would test those chins, let alone knock them out. I guarantee you no one in the UFC under 170 would survive these shots:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Floyd wasn't even able to KO his wife right? What makes anyone think he'd be able to KO people used to getting hit with 4oz gloves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Floyd wasn't even able to KO his wife right? What makes anyone think he'd be able to KO people used to getting hit with 4oz gloves.

“Did I kick, stomp and beat someone? No, that didn’t happen. I look in your face and say, “No, that didn’t happen,” Mayweather said of the alleged September 2010 incident involving Josie Harris, the mother of three of his children - two of whom witnessed the the attack and were reportedly threatened by the boxer.

"Did I restrain a woman that was on drugs? Yes, I did. So if they say that’s domestic violence, then, you know what? I’m guilty. I’m guilty of restraining a person.”

In that case, Conor had best propose first.

What the fuck is up with all this "real fighting" horse shit ?

Here are all the rules that exist in MMA:
  • Holding or grabbing the fence
  • Holding opponent’s shorts or gloves
  • Butting with the head
  • Biting or spitting at an opponent
  • Hair pulling
  • Fish-hooking
  • Intentionally placing a finger into any orifice, or into any cut or laceration of an opponent
  • Eye gouging of any kind
  • Groin attacks of any kind
  • Downward pointing of elbow strikes (see 12-6 elbow)
  • Small joint manipulation
  • Strikes to the spine or back of the head (see Rabbit punch)
  • Heel kicks to the kidney
  • Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea
  • Clawing, pinching, twisting the flesh or grabbing the clavicle
  • Kicking the head of a grounded opponent (see Soccer kick)
  • Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent
  • Stomping on a grounded fighter
  • The use of abusive language in fighting area
  • Any unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to opponent
  • Attacking an opponent during a break
  • Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee
  • Timidity (avoiding contact, consistent dropping of mouthpiece, or faking an injury)
  • Interference from a mixed martial artist's cornerman
  • Throwing an opponent out of the ring or caged area
  • Flagrant disregard of the referee’s instructions
  • Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his or her head or neck (see Piledriver)
  • Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat
Tell me again how this shit is "real fighting" ? Shitbird logic at its very fucking best.

Only nancy boys who have never been in a real street fight keep harping on about how MMA would be this Godsend in that situation.

The dude with a gun or a big ass machete wins a street fight. If there's no arms involved, then it's a combination of experience, athleticism and most importantly, how vicious someone is willing to be.

I want you to try putting someone in a triangle choke when they're trying to bite through your thigh muscles or tear your fucking balls off.

Fuck out of here.
Just go back and look at the early UFCs or PRIDE events. A lot less rules back then and a lot of the same tactics still prevailed.

You sound like you either haven't trained MMA or haven't been in street fights.

RIP Gatti
I think the rest are just trying to refute that Floyd's not really known as a power puncher ala Mike Tyson, Triple G, Pac. It goes against his defensive boxing style. No one's really scared of his right, but he sure does toy with the best of them.

Floyd wants that McGregor money, he stands no chance in an MMA fight. He needs to stick to his limited form of fighting.

Posting cute little .gifs does nothing to refute the facts and the empirical evidence that I pointed out.

Once again, a former UFC champion got KOTFO by a never-was washed up 48 year old gatekeeper of a fighter.

Can you imagine an MMA fighter getting into the ring with an older former champion like Juan Manuel Marquez ? JMM would toy with them and then proceed to brutally KO them with ease.

uhh ray mercer won olympic gold and had a very successful pro career

the rest i agree with

“Did I kick, stomp and beat someone? No, that didn’t happen. I look in your face and say, “No, that didn’t happen,” Mayweather said of the alleged September 2010 incident involving Josie Harris, the mother of three of his children - two of whom witnessed the the attack and were reportedly threatened by the boxer.

"Did I restrain a woman that was on drugs? Yes, I did. So if they say that’s domestic violence, then, you know what? I’m guilty. I’m guilty of restraining a person.”

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Back