Florida woman accidentally killed during ‘shoot, don’t shoot’ training exercise at police dept.

I don't know if it applies to all PD's, but there have been reports of applicants failing the entrance test because they scored too highly.
The bosses didn't want their underlings showing how dumb they are, then taking their jobs.

It was satire. I know you aren't funny but give it a try.

It meant Zimmerman was such a nut he couldn't make it onto a team with other nuts.

Thanks now go bother someone else

So Florida police has standards. Good to know.

I don't know if it applies to all PD's, but there have been reports of applicants failing the entrance test because they scored too highly.
Generally it does. The job doesn't require a lot of thinking. They don't want very intellectual people because they are afraid they wil get bored. This is from the mouths of the police themselves. I can't remember where I read that. But I did.

Generally it does. The job doesn't require a lot of thinking. They don't want very intellectual people because they are afraid they wil get bored. This is from the mouths of the police themselves. I can't remember where I read that. But I did.

I've never heard this anywhere. Maybe in podunk towns but anywhere else you want intelligent officers. Our department is a minimum bachelor's degree or AA degree with qualifying background experience in the military, fire or ems.

We have numerous officers with Master's degrees, several with their law degree who have passed the bar.

When I got hired they took 4 of 2000+ applicants. 2 of us were military officers, 1 was prior enlisted. We all had degrees.

I hate hearing this propagated. Like I said, maybe true in some small towns but is not true for majority of metropolitan agencies or mid sized cities. So unless someone can come up with a reputable source, stop spreading rumor.

I've never heard this anywhere. Maybe in podunk towns but anywhere else you want intelligent officers. Our department is a minimum bachelor's degree or AA degree with qualifying background experience in the military, fire or ems.

We have numerous officers with Master's degrees, several with their law degree who have passed the bar.

When I got hired they took 4 of 2000+ applicants. 2 of us were military officers, 1 was prior enlisted. We all had degrees.

I hate hearing this propagated. Like I said, maybe true in some small towns but is not true for majority of metropolitan agencies or mid sized cities. So unless someone can come up with a reputable source, stop spreading rumor.
I'm calling bullshit on requiring a college degree and background in the military, fire, or ems. Show me some proof of that and I will find the article I referenced.

In fact, all you had to do was Google search, "too smart to be a cop," to find that article and many others on the court ruling that sets a precedent for police departments being able to not hire people because their IQ is too high. So far you are not going much to prove me wrong.

I'm calling bullshit on requiring a college degree and background in the military, fire, or ems. Show me some proof of that and I will find the article I referenced.

I'm saying my agency is competitive enough to only accept and require applicants to have a degree or an AA and qualifying experience. There is no one at my agency who has a only a GED or highschool diploma.

Since I'd rather not explain who I work for on Sherdog for obvious reasons, I can't send you a link.

I'm saying my agency is competitive enough to only accept and require applicants to have a degree or an AA and qualifying experience. There is no one at my agency who has a only a GED or highschool diploma.

Since I'd rather not explain who I work for on Sherdog for obvious reasons, I can't send you a link.

I understand the need for PerSec, but given the number of Agencies this covers: are you Federal or Local?

Assuming that what you say is true, do you think your department's standards are representative of most PDs throughout the country? Because I'm pretty sure yours is the exception, not the norm, even for only metro areas.

They were teaching, fucking teaching as in instructors and they don't have the basic safety down so it's done without having to think about it.

Assuming that what you say is true, do you think your department's standards are representative of most PDs throughout the country? Because I'm pretty sure yours is the exception, not the norm, even for only metro areas.

I would say it is the norm for many Southern California agencies and other agencies people want to work at.

You go to some podunk places in the south or shit holes like Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago its probably different.

Unfortunately there are many states that have very lax standards for police training but the too high intelligence thing is a myth in my experience.

Or maybe I'm just an idiot so I dont qualify for the too smart thing.

Could be either...

I would say it is the norm for many Southern California agencies and other agencies people want to work at.

You go to some podunk places in the south or shit holes like Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago its probably different.

Unfortunately there are many states that have very lax standards for police training but the too high intelligence thing is a myth in my experience.

Or maybe I'm just an idiot so I dont qualify for the too smart thing.

Could be either...
Exactly. And that is all I said was that it is somewhat the norm for them to hire people who may not be highly intelligent because they are afraid they will be bored with the job.

It depends entirely on the area to what the requirements are. For the bad neighborhoods in cities there are good, well-off neighborhoods vice which hire college educated or former military. Those are usually the well-off areas which can afford to be selective in their application process. It goes both ways when hiring.

http://www.theblueline.com/state/IL.htm

Last edited:
No you're stupid. No you're stupid. No you. No you.

I know you crush on me a lot but step off my D for one minute

Hey man you do you. I'm just trying to help you come across a little more intelligent, but you can only do so much. Laters

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back