Florida woman accidentally killed during ‘shoot, don’t shoot’ training exercise at police dept.

Cops should have to be insured
lol, wrongful death insurance, I like it.

I can just imagine how this would work knowing the lengths people go to so the car accidents don't increase their premiums.

Truly and utterly pathetic. I hope that family gets PAID. My God, what an inexcusable fuck up.

Ok, departments across the country have liability insurance. It is not as if every payout just means lets dip into some pool of taxpayer money.

And I have brought it up in numerous other threads, please someone who is saying cops should have their own insurance please explain, with some detail, how that would work.

As I have said, you want to see departments do the absolute minimum and not give two shits, self insured officers is the best way to make that happen. Why, the same exact reason you take care driving. Same reason doctors don't just routinely perform high risk surgeries.

How do you set premiums for officers who work Chicago, Detroit, etc compared to officers who work say Beverly Hills, The Hamptons, etc. Because if you have ridiculously high premiums for those areas that are high risk, no one will work there.

If someone has a somewhat reasonable and well thought out solution, I am more than happy to hear it. But right now all I hear is take it out of their pensions, that'll show em! Or make them have insurance!!!

Why in the hell were they using real guns? And why would someone pull the trigger on a real gun that was pointed at someone.

Rule number one is to never point a gun at something you don't intend to kill.
And the guy fired more than once.

It's like all the other states (particularly in the northeast and mid-west) send us their weirdos because most of this stuff happens below the I4 corridor.

Just think George Zimmerman flunked the mental exam for Florida police.

Think about how bat shit nuts he really is. Seems like they'll hire just about anyone in Florida to be a cop

Well, I don't think that she needed that realistic of role playing to get the point across to her and the rest of the class.

Just think George Zimmerman flunked the mental exam for Florida police.

Think about how bat shit nuts he really is. Seems like they'll hire just about anyone in Florida to be a cop

Except for yno, Zimmerman, considering he failed the entrance exam.

Rule number two: always treat a weapon as though it has been loaded with live rounds until you have personally checked it.

In the hunters safety classes at the sportsman clubs I belong to, a big point of emphasis is to open the action to check every gun you pick up to see if it's loaded. It's written on a chalk board in front of the class. Then they talk about making certain to keep your finger off the trigger and keep the safety on until ready to shoot. A few minutes later they pass a .22 rifle around for the students to look at the safety and work it off and on. They have a cartridge in the gun that the bullet and powder have been removed from. The first student to get the gun should open the action but it seldom happens. Usually each student works the safety and hands it to the next student.

In almost every class, someone eventually hits the trigger with the safety off and the primer in the empty shell pops. If it makes it through the entire class, the instructor pulls the trigger then asks the class how that happened.

Apologies and a peace offering from Florida.

pitbull03.jpg
6b594583ee40dada534cd08169594ca5465adccd8bc7cf74a5403956d07007b8.jpg

That's what I just said. Thanks for repeating my post.

You said they would hire anyone to be a cop in Florida. Then you used Zimmermann flunking the entrance exam and not becoming a police officer as an example of the opposite point you were making.

I don't understand how one state can be responsible for so much bullshit...
My family wants to buy a vacation home there but I am the lone opposition. I lived in Central Fl, and really don't dig the place. Lived in New Jersey and don't it either.

You said they would hire anyone to be a cop in Florida. Then you used Zimmermann flunking the entrance exam and not becoming a police officer as an example of the opposite point you were making.

It was satire. I know you aren't funny but give it a try.

It meant Zimmerman was such a nut he couldn't make it onto a team with other nuts.

Thanks now go bother someone else

Back