Florida armed bystander stops gunman at crowded back-to-school event at park

I did . . . did I infer something incorrectly about your reply or something?
It was about his argument that gun control takes the same route as drug control.

It was about his argument that gun control takes the same route as drug control.

It might be a stretch, but with all of the guns in circulation it wouldn't be too hard to have a huge "black market" for them similar to the current illegal drug trade . . .

Gun control would never work for the same reason that making drugs illegal will never work.

Yeah that´s why every country in western Europe has the exact same problems with guns. Exactly the same problems.

<LikeReally5>

The leftist tantrum ITT is hysterically satisfying. These stories happen all the time but the media buries them. Fucking retards.

How @Rational Poster still shows his face here is anyone's guess.

Chicago (or most US cities) are bad example for many reasons, but the primary one is that most of the guns used in crimes do not actually come from Chicago, but a different county or state all together. There's a reasonable argument that it's not that Chicago has ineffective laws, but rather that the areas around it have lax laws and Chicago is worse off for it.
Here's an interesting thought experiment:

Why is it that the vast majority of guns that are illegally imported to Chicago, aren't involved in any violent crimes until they arrive in Chicago?

When you answer this question honestly, you will arrive at the true root of the problem.

(not for long if @alanb has anything to say about it).
@alanb is doing his part to leave the world better than he found it.

Thank you Mr. Beck, you're doing your part to make this world a better place.

Anyone who's ever sought Liberty thanks you.

Who the fuck open carries knives dude.

You're ridiculous.

I do.

In my early twenties, I used to collect knives made out of Damascus steel. One of them turned out to be just the right size, weight, and shape for my farming needs. I wear a 5.11 tactical belt because I carry so much stuff with me everyday.

Disagree.

You only live once. We don't need tens of millions of murder tools laying around for all these emotionally weak man children to grab whenever their feelings get hurt.
News flash, they already are.

I do.

In my early twenties, I used to collect knives made out of Damascus steel. One of them turned out to be just the right size, weight, and shape for my farming needs. I wear a 5.11 tactical belt because I carry so much stuff with me everyday.

Knives still have more restrictions than firearms in some states. So it's nice that you like them, but you'll get arrested for carrying them in certain places.

Many states have very strict length and type restrictions and if you open carry a large knife in public people are going to keep an eye on you. My state for instance you can't conceal carry any type of blade with a spring, even if it meets the also strict length requirements. Manually opening pocket knives only.

So the what about knives argument is just plain stupid. Pretty much every state has some sort of knife restrictions.

Knives still have more restrictions than firearms in some states. So it's nice that you like them, but you'll get arrested for carrying them in certain places.

Not where I'm from.

What state are you referring to where it is completely disallowed for an average citizen to carry a knife of any kind?

You didn't specify any specific knife or knife metrics in your post, you just said knives.

Not where I'm from.

What state are you referring to where it is completely disallowed for an average citizen to carry a knife of any kind?

You didn't specify any specific knife or knife metrics in your post, you just said knives.

What state are you in?

Many states have very strict length and type restrictions and if you open carry a large knife in public people are going to keep an eye on you. My state for instance you can't conceal carry any type of blade with a spring, even if it meets the also strict length requirements. Manually opening pocket knives only.

So the what about knives argument is just plain stupid. Pretty much every state has some sort of knife restrictions.
Nice ninja edit. The first paragraph was the only one up when I responded.

Not where I'm from.

Give him a few minutes to go look something up.

Back