Florida armed bystander stops gunman at crowded back-to-school event at park

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sounded like fireworks that's some rapid fire there, luckily none of the kids or innocent bystanders were injured

An armed bystander shot a man who opened fire at a Florida park filled with over 100 people -- including children -- for a Saturday back-to-school cookout, officials said.

The Titusville Police Department said in a news release the man was involved in a fistfight with another person at the Issac Campbell Park and left around 5:20 p.m. -- only to return with a gun minutes later and start shooting.

A bystander, who was lawfully licensed to carry a firearm, then shot the gunman.

“We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident,” Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson said in a statement. “This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park. This could have been so much worse.”

Full article and video here:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/0...oxnews/national+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)

This is a good argument for gun control.

Pussy can't handle his humiliation and decides to shoot up the place.

Guarantee that humiliated pussies shoot up places exponentially more than good guys with guns save the day.

Guarantee that humiliated pussies shoot up places exponentially more than good guys with guns save the day.

I'd take that bet.

Awesome work by the bystander. Thanks for sharing

It's a shame that, had the shooter been successful, we would have all known that piece of shit's name. This hero will barely make it out of the local news.

Of course RP has his head shoved so far up his ass he can't even let this thread go without staining it

None of which is a good argument for gun control.

None of which is a good argument for gun control.

Disagree.

You only live once. We don't need tens of millions of murder tools laying around for all these emotionally weak man children to grab whenever their feelings get hurt.

Assuming he got the gun legally.

Why not?

If the idiot didn't have a gun, then we wouldn't need a good guy with a gun to stop him.
I would support a ban on guns, but the 2nd amendment exists, the country has tons of guns, and this is where we are. Countries that have banned guns never had to overcome the fact of having a right to own them enshrined in their freedoms.

I would support a ban on guns, but the 2nd amendment exists, the country has tons of guns, and this is where we are. Countries that have banned guns never had to overcome the fact of having a right to own them enshrined in their freedoms.
None of that is relevant to whether or not what Rational said(that I expounded on) is a good argument for gun control.

Thinking that its implementation is difficult is irrelevant.

Disagree.

You only live once. We don't need tens of millions of murder tools laying around for all these emotionally weak man children to grab whenever their feelings get hurt.
There's the actual problem. (Every word I type on this forum is strictly my own opinion).

We have a psychological problem behind why this sort of thing happens.
It's actually very easy to blame the gun, but that's a small part of it. The gun is the tool the unsound mind uses. I hate to admit this flaw is unique to Americans, but it seems to be the case.

It's fucking Florida dude.

Try to buy a gun illegally in Florida. It's like impossible.

All guns sales are legal.
Huh? Still have to pass a background check and judging from this guys temper, i doubt he's a stranger to the criminal justice system.

None of that is relevant to whether or not what Rational said(that I expounded on) is a good argument for gun control.

Thinking that its implementation is difficult is irrelevant.
The 2nd exists, that isn't my fault, and any proposed solution can't ignore that hurdle.

There's the actual problem. (Every word I type on this forum is strictly my own opinion).

We have a psychological problem behind why this sort of thing happens.
It's actually very easy to blame the gun, but that's a small part of it. The gun is the tool the unsound mind uses. I hate to admit this flaw is unique to Americans, but it seems to be the case.

So a short term solution would be to limit the ease of access to firearms to mitigate damage while working at the deeper underling issues.

Im pro guns but the agenda of this story is stupid.

The good guy with a gun who stops a crime is rare as fuck...The agenda of making it seem as if everybody had a gun, it will be better, is just stupid.

So a short term solution would be to limit the ease of access to firearms to mitigate damage while working at the deeper underling issues.
I agree. The combination of easy access and character flaws accounts for most of these things.

Stricter enforcement of the laws already in place would be a nice thing.

The 2nd exists, that isn't my fault, and any proposed solution can't ignore that hurdle.
So what, though? Based on that position, all arguments against gun control are bad. Hell, anything difficult to achieve becomes bad by that reasoning. It's worthless information, and beneath you.

I don't think people should starve to death.

"That's a terrible argument!!! Do you know how many obstacles there are to ending starvation!?!"

Again, your dismissal is pointless. It doesn't actually refute, or even attempt to refute, his argument.

Back