Florida 3 day "cool off" period on handgun purchases

You can't name a single instance of the cool down period working, while I am sure that someone can find a woman killed under a waiting period and other de facto gun bans

How can I prove an instance of the cooldown period working? They don't have a firearm, thus can't commit a crime.

Find me one then.

Emotions, a lot of emotions. That is it in a nutshell

Gun hoarding paranoia is real.

Most gun owners are paranoid white men and they own 9 or more firearms on average.
What a bunch of talking point crap.
My daughters both hunt, my youngest shoots competitive handgun.
I had my first safety coarse when I was 8. My grandfather took me dove hunting. It's a cultural thing. Nothing more. But our culture doesn't allow relying on others for our every need.
If the power goes out for a week, my girls will be fine. If there is too much lead in the water, my girls will be fine. If Safeway can't get grocery shipments for a month, my girls will be fine.
If it takes the cops 20 minutes to show up, likely my girls will be fine.

27 states have mandatory waiting periods for women before they can undergo an abortion procedure.

Those are also bullshit.
I don't support that either

You sure about that foreigner

I was born in New Jersey.

I'm positive there is a difference between obtaining a firearm permit and a cooldown period.

A firearm permit allows you to own and/or carry firearms that would otherwise be restricted in your area.

A cooldown period is a grace period after purchase before your can retrieve your weapon.

I'm positive there is a difference between obtaining a firearm permit and a cooldown period.

A firearm permit allows you to own and/or carry firearms that would otherwise be restricted in your area.

A cooldown period is a grace period after purchase before your can retrieve your weapon.

Are you denying that she was killed by a wanker while waiting to purchase a firearm?

Does it matter that much to you the wording of your feel good gun control?

Are you denying that she was killed by a wanker while waiting to purchase a firearm?

Does it matter that much to you the wording of your feel good gun control?

You're the one who split the hair that thin, now you're upset I'm holding you to it?

It took 30+ days for me to get my firearms permit in IL. I'm not a "gun nut" and only got it so I could *legally* handle my deceased father in law's guns that were just left sitting around, unaccounted for. What's the justification for someone with no criminal background besides a couple speeding tickets to wait a month just to literally handle a fire arm? If I had even picked them up in sight of a police officer in my state I would have been subject to arrest.

It took 30+ days for me to get my firearms permit in IL. I'm not a "gun nut" and only got it so I could *legally* handle my deceased father in law's guns that were just left sitting around, unaccounted for. What's the justification for someone with no criminal background besides a couple speeding tickets to wait a month just to literally handle a fire arm? If I had even picked them up in sight of a police officer in my state I would have been subject to arrest.

Chicago.

Gun permits are issued by the State Police. So they can tell my whole criminal background while sitting behind me at a traffic stop but can't figure it out in less than 30 days?

I should be able to go into an office just like with my driver's license, pass a background check, slap down my $20 and walk out with a gun ID. It's not even a "permit" in IL it's literally an ID that's better quality than my driver's license.

The IL state law made it harder and more difficult for me to legally get these firearms secured and accounted for. I am starting to understand some of the frustrations that some 2nd amendment guys have (even if I don't agree with them on lots of other gun control issues).

Delaying is not an infringement.

If the delay had intentions of denying ownership, you might be onto something. But it doesn't, so you don't.

That's pretty stupid. She is having her rights (to keep and bear) infringed on for days, as a matter of course, with no evidence to suggest she's done anything outside the bounds of the law. Just because there's a time limit on the infringement doesn't negate the fact that it is. That's three less days out of a person's life that they are able to exercise their rights.

2martinlutherkingro7.jpg

What's even dumber about this cool-off period is it doesn't account for current ownership or private sales. If I've already got handguns then why the wait? People who tout "common sense gun laws" are usually illinformed and unwilling to apply logic or view the right to self-defense with the strict scrutiny they would other rights.

Back