Florida 3 day "cool off" period on handgun purchases

I passed the background check in about 10 minutes. Which makes it even stupider.

So they aren't actually checking anything in the three days? It's just an arbitrary period? Yeah that makes it that much more pointless.

I could see if it was pre-computer era where we would have to send off a mailed request and then wait to get back report from some agency via mail. But if the background thing is as fast a credit check at a car dealership then there is no point to the wait. It's not preventing crime. If I want to rob a liquor store, a shot gun will get the job done. If I want to harm someone I'm fighting with, a baseball bat to the skull will get the job done.

I don't mind firearms but when you have this guy talking like he owns a fucking armoury it's worrying.

I would definitely be worried if I had to share the same space with this guy.

Gun hoarding paranoia is real.

Most gun owners are paranoid white men and they own 9 or more firearms on average.

Not really.

I would assume most people willing to go buy a gun and murder someone will still want to murder someone after 3 days have passed.

Im just explaining to you the logic between harder laws for handguns as opposed to long arms.
I get it, and I knew all of the stats. I passed the background check in 10 minutes and have a sparkly clean record. Point is, if i wanted to F-somebody up, I was more than equipped for the job when I left the store.

I get it, and I knew all of the stats. I passed the background check in 10 minutes and have a sparkly clean record. Point is, if i wanted to F-somebody up, I was more than equipped for the job when I left the store.

So you think we should have 3 day wait period for all firearm purchases?

T
And swap the firing pin stop with a smaller radius version like this

Pict2060.jpg

Reduces the recoil noticeably
hanks for the tip. Maybe I'll post a pick if they decide to let me have it. It's a sweet ride.

What is good for the goose

The difference is we're talking about lives lost that are quantifiable.

You can't even name one instance of what you're talking about actually occurring.

Were you unable to purchase the firearm?

If so, they were infringed. If you were able, they were not.
Delaying it is an infringement.
What if you met a chick/guy you really liked but the Gubment made you get an AIDS test (background check) and wait three days before you fucked. Just in case.
Would that be an infringement?

Delaying it is an infringement.
What if you met a chick/guy you really liked but the Gubment made you get an AIDS test (background check) and wait three days before you fucked. Just in case.
Would that be an infringement?

Delaying is not an infringement.

If the delay had intentions of denying ownership, you might be onto something. But it doesn't, so you don't.

Delaying is not an infringement.

If the delay had intentions of denying ownership, you might be onto something. But it doesn't, so you don't.

It is denying the right to bear, not to own if you want to get all stupid on meanings

Neither can you, infringer

I can't name one instance of firearms purchased legally being used in a crime? Sure I could, and you're being disingenuous to deny that.

We both know you can't find a single instance in which a person was killed during a firearms purchase cooldown window by a stalker so I don't know why you're pursuing this.

27 states have mandatory waiting periods for women before they can undergo an abortion procedure.

Those are also bullshit.

27 states have mandatory waiting periods for women before they can undergo an abortion procedure.

Those are also bullshit.

Exactly, bet the Limey doesn't support those

It is denying the right to bear, not to own if you want to get all stupid on meanings

You still maintain that right even if you have to wait an extra day or two to complete the purchase.

I can't name one instance of firearms purchased legally being used in a crime? Sure I could, and you're being disingenuous to deny that.

We both know you can't find a single instance in which a person was killed during a firearms purchase cooldown window by a stalker so I don't know why you're pursuing this.

You can't name a single instance of the cool down period working, while I am sure that someone can find a woman killed under a waiting period and other de facto gun bans

Back