flash KO's...walk off or pound away?

Yeah, im not even trying to argue with anyone. Like i said before, I have been watching boxing for 20+ years and a "flash ko" was always a a guy getting put to sleep on one punch, usually early in the fight. I don't know where the other definition comes from cause i have never heard it used in that sense.

So a flash ko is a one punch ko?

So the Mendes v Edgar ko should be referred to as a 'brief ko'.
Call it whatever you want. I have always called that getting dropped. A Flash ko is basically being out cold on the way down. Like Hendo-bisping.

Call it whatever you want. I have always called that getting dropped. A Flash ko is basically being out cold on the way down. Like Hendo-bisping.
I class being dropped as getting knocked down but staying conscious.
Kongo was out on the way down against Barry but he woke up quickly.....

I class being dropped as getting knocked down but staying conscious.
Kongo was out on the way down against Barry but he woke up quickly.....
I'm not an expert on all the terminology. I've always heard flash ko in boxing as a one punch ko. Thays why i refer to it as such.

10001970.gif

I'm not an expert on all the terminology. I've always heard flash ko in boxing as a one punch ko. Thays why i refer to it as such.
It seems the majority of people agree with you as well.

It seems the majority of people agree with you as well.

Yeah - it feels so strange to have been wrong ( or at least against popular thinking) for so long. Especially having trained MMA for ten fucking years. I would swear I've heard pros and coaches asking if a guy had gotten 'flashed' when he got tagged and had an observable knee buckle with almost instant recovery.

It's not getting 'dropped' or 'rocked' ... It's a full shut-off for a split second.

I've got to ask my pro buddies outright and get their take.

Yeah - it feels so strange to have been wrong ( or at least against popular thinking) for so long. Especially having trained MMA for ten fucking years. I would swear I've heard pros and coaches asking if a guy had gotten 'flashed' when he got tagged and had an observable knee buckle with almost instant recovery.

It's not getting 'dropped' or 'rocked' ... It's a full shut-off for a split second.

I've got to ask my pro buddies outright and get their take.

This is what Benson and mmamaina said about his loss to RDA
It was a single punch that ko'd Benson though iirc, so I'm back at square one. I do believe he is referring to being ko'd very briefly though.

Mmamania:

The reality is there's very little time to make clear decision as the referee and John McCarthy, a veteran of the fight game, immediately jumped in when he saw Henderson lose consciousness. Even if that lasted all of one second, that's all the time it took to make the call.

Benson:

"It was a flash knockout. You know, they happen. You know, the flash knockout, I remember dropping my back in the fence and I was like 'oh, damn it, that didn't look good at all, that's a bad thing right there.' Wanted to latch on to a single leg, push him up against -- turn, you know -- push him up against the cage, hopefully take a couple shots back of the head, let the cobwebs clear a little bit, you know, take some time and then start working from there. But as soon as I start to come around and go on to the single leg, 'Big John' (McCarthy) did his job."

Pound them tf out, no matter what.

Holly-Ronda
Cain-Nog
Rampage-Wand 3

So much more satisfying than if they just walked away. Imo of course.

This is what Benson and mmamaina said about his loss to RDA
It was a single punch that ko'd Benson though iirc, so I'm back at square one. I do believe he is referring to being ko'd very briefly though.

Mmamania:

The reality is there's very little time to make clear decision as the referee and John McCarthy, a veteran of the fight game, immediately jumped in when he saw Henderson lose consciousness. Even if that lasted all of one second, that's all the time it took to make the call.

Benson:

"It was a flash knockout. You know, they happen. You know, the flash knockout, I remember dropping my back in the fence and I was like 'oh, damn it, that didn't look good at all, that's a bad thing right there.' Wanted to latch on to a single leg, push him up against -- turn, you know -- push him up against the cage, hopefully take a couple shots back of the head, let the cobwebs clear a little bit, you know, take some time and then start working from there. But as soon as I start to come around and go on to the single leg, 'Big John' (McCarthy) did his job."

Jesus Christ. So now I was right? I'm okay being wrong but that citation implies that MMAMania and Bendo think I'm right. I think. Gotta go check out that KO again.

Thanks!

Edit: nope, that was a full KO. Evidently AKA a 'flash KO'.

Last edited:
Gotta love a good walk off KO, but if it was me? I'm not stopping till the ref steps in.

Hendo-Bisping was just an old fashioned KTFO. A flash KO is when someone regains consciousness within seconds like this
tumblr_m5blwugteA1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Well, that's the big discussion ITT.
Lol, who knows anyways. I'm as confused as you now. I have heard one thing for like 20 years and you've heard the exact opposite. I don't train though, so what do i know.

Back