flash KO's...walk off or pound away?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18663-1363968782-4.gif

Which do you guys enjoy more?
I actually love when Hunt connects and just walks away while the other guy is out.

Aside from the flying H-Bomb to Bisping I think i prefer walkoffs.

I think walking off is the best strategy in a lot of cases. If you walk away, the other guy has to stand up, and if you've really rung his bell, he's going to have difficulty doing that, which could mean an end to the fight.

A lot of times jumping on a guy just gives him a chance to secure guard and hold on until the cobwebs clear.

Walk offs are awesome. They look quite spectacular.

I absolutely hate when a fighter continues to blast an obviously unconscious opponent. Like the guy falls backward, arms stiff in the air, and even just 1 extra shot landed looks like shit.

I think even Conor's ko of Aldo was tainted by that extra blow.

When you know for sure that the guy is completely out you walk away. When it's questionable at all then pound away. Sometimes it's just obvious that the opponent is separated from his senses before he hits the ground. In those cases that classy move is to walk away.

I think even Conor's ko of Aldo was tainted by that extra blow.

nah it wasnt. Besides he didnt come all that way to let the guy off the hook now that the chance is there.

I like this
GarzaPaixao7.gif

The ref dive was solid, but I don't like a guy that is completely out cold getting repeatedly hammerfisted as though the guy still awake is trying to see how many shots he can land before the ref stops him.

It would be funny if the referee broke the winner's leg or something after doing that.

Big John broke Brian Johnston's nose pulling him off of Reza Nasri at an early UFC event.

Johnston-gets-bloody-nose-from-John-McCarthy.gif

Nothing is sweeter than a confident, badass, walk off. But I don't blame anyone making certain they got the job done.

Buncha Hendo huggers up in this. Walk away, clean finish, each and every time.

Flash ko?
Isn't that a KO that lasts like half a second, why wouldn't you keep pounding?
Pretty sure Barry flash Ko'd Kongo a few times

Unfortunately you have to pound away until your opponent stiffens up and his toes curl. I think of the bitching that Frank Mir did after Barnett KO'd him and I wish the ref let the fight go on 5 more seconds and there would be no bitching.....maybe a brain dead fighter....same with JDS Overeem

Also noteworthy:

giphy.gif

How can you guys be this retarded? Has NOBODY trained in here? Does nobody know what getting 'flashed'
Flash ko?
Isn't that a KO that lasts like half a second, why wouldn't you keep pounding?
Pretty sure Barry flash Ko'd Kongo a few times

This is what I thought. From training and watching fights. A KO is a KO. A flash KO is just a brief separation from consciousness that buckles the knees.

Have I been using this wrong all these years? Telling my wife I got 'flashed' tonight but no big? LITERALLY everyone else ITT seems to think a flash KO means a 'definitive instantaneous KO'. That's absolutely NOT what I came up believing. Urban dictionary supports them and not me, though.

IDK what to think anymore. I guess I never got 'flash KO'd, then.

If there's a paycheck on the line, wait for ref to call you off. Same with subs.

How can you guys be this retarded? Has NOBODY trained in here? Does nobody know what getting 'flashed'

This is what I thought. From training and watching fights. A KO is a KO. A flash KO is just a brief separation from consciousness that buckles the knees.

Have I been using this wrong all these years? Telling my wife I got 'flashed' tonight but no big? LITERALLY everyone else ITT seems to think a flash KO means a 'definitive instantaneous KO'. That's absolutely NOT what I came up believing. Urban dictionary supports them and not me, though.

IDK what to think anymore. I guess I never got 'flash KO'd, then.

My thoughts on the topic as well. Edgar vs. Mendes, Pyle vs. Neer, probably a couple points in Kongo vs. Barry = Flash KOs. A KO that just comes out of nowhere = Not a flash KO.

It is the ref's job to stop the fight. I hate when a guy "walks off" and it gets incredibly awkward because the ref doesn't know what to do. Sometimes it forces the ref to stop the fight when the guy isn't super hurt. I hate when the ref has to tell the walk off guy to still fight.

Some guys brain damage vs your annoyance. Hmm aren't you a good person.

Little wonder you will never get in a cage.

Back