Flag back at full staff at White House

Because the point isn't that he's a congressman, it's that he's dedicated a large portion of his life to our country, and is a great American patriot.

And Trump gave him his 2 days of respect by lowering the flag. We are going in circles here. The flag going back up was a huge nothing. You can have the last word but unless something new comes up I'll just leave it at that

Take the L on what? I've been talking about the flag from the beginning. Check out the thread title. If this thread had been outrage about blocking a press release I probably woulda just said "meh".

The media looks silly for roasting trump about the flag when Obama did it too. Deal with it

It's all one thing IMO. If Trump doesn't block the press release then the flag is a non issue. He would have been covering all the bases with the hero angle. You know damn well the "take the L" is just a jab at you from yesterday.

Recap: McCain and Trump were political rivals. McCain says he doesn't want Trump at his funeral. Trump blocks press release calling McCain a hero, then raises flag as soon as he can. Media calls Trump out for acting childish, after his rival dies. You deflect Trump's action, bringing up Obama.

Trump should have acted like the damn President, gave a nice press release, maybe let the flag fly longer. Instead he carries the grudge on past death because he is an unhinged jerk. Now all the Trump fans are going to pretend he wasn't being a jerk.

It's all one thing IMO. If Trump doesn't block the press release then the flag is a non issue. He would have been covering all the bases with the hero angle. You know damn well the "take the L" is just a jab at you from yesterday.

Recap: McCain and Trump were political rivals. McCain says he doesn't want Trump at his funeral. Trump blocks press release calling McCain a hero, then raises flag as soon as he can. Media calls Trump out for acting childish, after his rival dies. You deflect Trump's action, bringing up Obama.

Trump should have acted like the damn President, gave a nice press release, maybe let the flag fly longer. Instead he carries the grudge on past death because he is an unhinged jerk. Now all the Trump fans are going to pretend he wasn't being a jerk.
I never once denied Trump carried the grudge. I also never condoned that. The media made this about the flag because they're dumb. That was my angle on this from the beginning. It's the media working people up into a frenzy as usual.

I never once denied Trump carried the grudge. I also never condoned that. The media made this about the flag because they're dumb. That was my angle on this from the beginning. It's the media working people up into a frenzy as usual.

Let you and I forget about the media. I think we can agree that the flag combined with blocking the press release, it definitely appears Trump was intentionally disrespecting McCain one last time. I feel it is fair criticism to point out Trump is acting like a fool as President.

Let you and I forget about the media. I think we can agree that the flag combined with blocking the press release, it definitely appears Trump was intentionally disrespecting McCain one last time. I feel it is fair criticism to point out Trump is acting like a fool as President.

We cant agree on the flag thing. He did nothing wrong there. The flag went down like it was supposed to and then went back up after.

The press release I agree he shouldn't have blocked it

Only a self important douche could write "RIP McCain"?

You’re only lying to yourself. Nobody else.

Clearly that’s not all that was in that comment lol.

You forgot to add he has to reverse course because multiple veteran advocacy groups reached out to criticize the WH on this.

So he's petty and doesn't think his actions through. And caves under pressure. What a guy.

Comparing the comments of a sitting President, to the words used in a Rolling Stone article.

You can provide your own facepalm gif.

My comment was based on general hypocrisy from the left. The press and the Dems who hail him as some kind of God now, all treated McCain like a piece of shit in 2008, and said plenty of things that brought his "war hero" status into question.

Whatever though. You're just gonna hack it up no matter what example I provide you, because you're no different than they are.

The left says players kneeling for the anthem and disrespecting vets is no big deal and we should get over it.

Then lose their mind when Trump doesn't show "proper" respect to a vet by keeping the same flag at half mask longer then required.

So it's not about respect for vets at all.

The left says players kneeling for the anthem and disrespecting vets is no big deal and we should get over it.

Then lose their mind when Trump doesn't show "proper" respect to a vet by keeping the same flag at half mask longer then required.

So it's not about respect for vets at all.

Except the players aren't disrespecting vets with their protests.

Trump is specifically attempting to do exactly that with his own petty behavior.

So in your own logic everything Trump has said about the NFL now applies to him?

Whatever though. You're just gonna hack it up no matter what example I provide you, because you're no different than they are.

No. I'm just going to hold you to your bullshit comments again. You said you had prominent democrats bashing on McCain to the same degree that Trump had. I asked you to post anything, and the best you could do was an article from Rolling Stone. So you failed to deliver, again, and now your throwing a tantrum.

No. I'm just going to hold you to your bullshit comments again. You said you had prominent democrats bashing on McCain to the same degree that Trump had. I asked you to post anything, and the best you could do was an article from Rolling Stone. So you failed to deliver, again, and now your throwing a tantrum.

I did not say "prominent democrats". You did.

More dishonesty. Shocking.

But hey, just for shits and giggles to see how you spin it, here you go:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2008/06/this_means_war.html

Back