Fitch x Maia...

Im scared of it being a terrible standup fight. Not sure Fitch wants to take him down, and Maia wont get Fitch down.

Im really curious to see how Fitch's control game works against Maia's bjj though. Regardless of excitement, I would pay just to see how it plays out.

If Penn can take Fitch down I promise you that Maia can take Fitch down as well.

I see Maia giving Fitch a taste of his own medicine by outgrappling him with dominant positions although I think Fitch's defense is good enough to avoid subs

Yeah, that's the question... Is Fitch's ground defense good enough to avoid Maia's subs? I think it is.. Fitch just got one lost by submission, on his first fight, his MMA debut ten years ago...

If Maia subs Fitch, he will have some chances of sub GSP as well...

Im scared of it being a terrible standup fight. Not sure Fitch wants to take him down, and Maia wont get Fitch down.

Im really curious to see how Fitch's control game works against Maia's bjj though. Regardless of excitement, I would pay just to see how it plays out.

Maia threw a bigger better wrestler in Sonnen so imo he should be able to throw Fitch

His wrestling is elite, but his defensive wrestling could use work.

No it's not, elite in what sense? What great wrestlers has he taken down? Couldnt get close to GSP unlike elite wrestler Kos who took him down in both fights. He says it himself just he was hyped up when he was on his winning streak as a top wrestler. He's a good wrestler with great control and tough as nails to put away.

If Penn can take Fitch down I promise you that Maia can take Fitch down as well.

im not saying maia couldnt take fitch down, but i believe that a lot of bj's success with getting fitch down was due to fitch not expecting a td and as he admitted not training tdd for that fight.

I have to think that fitch wants to keep this standing and will be training his tdd, if maia does get fitch down i think fitch is good enough to survive and get back to his feet.

Since when Is Penn's wrestling bad? Before his gas tank runs out Penn is great just about every aspect of fighting.

if Broke Fitch shows up Maia will be in big trouble.

Maia is fully capable of taking Fitch down and getting the best of the grappling exchanges. The question is if he has the gas tank to not get Fitched in the second and third round.

C'mon, Fitch is a better all-around fighter than Maia. Jon's sending another Brazilian back to their third world country w/ a loss in hand.

First think you should have respect for any nationality, you seem to be a prejudiced person .. If you can enjoy the UFC today, should give thanks to God the Brazilian intelligence, "Gracie"! This fight will be easy: sub 2 rd Maia ... The division of A.S. is much harder .... There is only one world for all of us, or do you believe in The Matrix?

Can't wait to see who can take control in this fight. Great technique all around.

First think you should have respect for any nationality, you seem to be a prejudiced person .. If you can enjoy the UFC today, should give thanks to God the Brazilian intelligence, "Gracie"! This fight will be easy: sub 2 rd Maia ... The division of A.S. is much harder .... There is only one world for all of us, or do you believe in The Matrix?

Are you retarded? Its not disrespectful to state facts you little girl. Facts are facts, don't let them hurt your butt. Brazil is a third world country, you want to pretend its not? That's your deal. "The division of AS is much harder" what are you talking about?

Did you make your account just to chastise me? If so I'm flattered.

I hope this fight will be a ground battle. If Demian goes agressively for the td, I could see him winning easily. Maias top game is scary good, and fitch is not that great off his back usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookieshoes
C'mon, Fitch is a better all-around fighter than Maia. Jon's sending another Brazilian back to their third world country w/ a loss in hand.

Not only is this seriously ignorant, it's also untrue. Brazil has one of the worlds best economies. I should maybe have expected you not to know this when I read your post.

Last edited:
Back