Fitch x Maia...

Fitch should rightly be favored, but Maia has looked like a new man at WW. I say Fitch keeps it standing and beats up Maia the way GSP beat up Koscheck (II). I hope I'm wrong, though, and we get to see some excitement again from Fitch, maybe even *gasp* getting a finish?

Im scared of it being a terrible standup fight. Not sure Fitch wants to take him down, and Maia wont get Fitch down.

Im really curious to see how Fitch's control game works against Maia's bjj though. Regardless of excitement, I would pay just to see how it plays out.

Maia won't take fitch down? Fitch is an excelent fighter but please explain to me why MAia won't take Fitch down? Sanchez, GSP, Pierce, Silva, BJ all took Fitch down. Fitch has great offensive wrestling but his TDD is not great by any means. And Maia has shown at WW that he can take fighters down form the clinch.

Don't write off a guys ability completely especially a guy like Maia who took Chael Sonnen down.

I think Fitch will grapple with Maia regardless of his credentials making it a great scramble and awesome ground battle. Maia can surprise him with some offensive grappling because Fitch's TDD is mediocre.

This. But it depends also on how MAia's cardio is at WW. His fights haven't really gone past a few mins and at MW, he has gassed on a few occassions.

Very interesting fight. Would NOT bet on this fight since it can really go anyway.

People will weep hysterically about the return of K1 Maia. On sherdog you will hear the crying of 'why did K1 Maia return and why did he not take him down and go for subs'.

Few realize that k1 Maia was never just a conscious choice. The better the opponents generally the more a one dimensional approach fails to work and you need to get respect in the stand up to make your td's more effective.

Broke Fitch will outstrike K1 Maia to decision.

Fitch should rightly be favored, but Maia has looked like a new man at WW. I say Fitch keeps it standing and beats up Maia the way GSP beat up Koscheck (II). I hope I'm wrong, though, and we get to see some excitement again from Fitch, maybe even *gasp* getting a finish?

I don't get why people say this. Did they not watch Maia's early run at MW?

When Maia entered the MW division he was subbing everyone including the near consensus #2 MW, Sonnen. It was only when he started to fight top MW's who were more well rounded that he struggled.

Now he is just entered the WW division and is subbing the guys outside the top 10 and people seem to not remember that is EXACTLY what he did at MW.

If Maia can beat Fitch (the divisions Sonnen in many ways) then he only just really ties what he had done at MW (that is if he can get a title shot and lose to GSP) but up until now Maia has looked the exact same at WW as he looked during his MW run.

Back