Fitch x Maia...

Igorreboucas

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well, i don't see many people talking about this fight... i think it will be an amazing fight, and that's very important to the WW division...

Jon Fitch is a really top guy, but now he's far from the belt... he's coming of an victory against the brazilian promise Erick Silva, but that isn't enough to put him close to the title shot... that's bad for him, considering that he was on a big winning streak before get knocked out by Hendricks...

Demian Maia is being a good fighter on WW, he got two quick wins against two good fighters, if he win Fitch he will be close to the title shot, just one more win against a top and he will deserve that...

I bet on Jon Fitch by Decision... what do u think about it?

Depends if he has money or not really. I'll reserve judgement until I see his 1040 return.

Depends if he has money or not really. I'll reserve judgement until I see his 1040 return.

Perfect response lol.

I'm excited for this. Fitch should steamroll him imo but you never know.

Very interesting fight.... I as well like Fitch in it... I don't expect it to be as exciting as his last fight tho...

Yeah, to me, this is a fantastic fight, and I am really excited about it.

I also can't really decide who has the edge here. They are so closely matched across the board...

I see Maia giving Fitch a taste of his own medicine by outgrappling him with dominant positions although I think Fitch's defense is good enough to avoid subs

Maia will have to pull guard or go for flying/sliding subs.

Otherwise this will sadly be a striking battle between 2 great grapplers.

Im scared of it being a terrible standup fight. Not sure Fitch wants to take him down, and Maia wont get Fitch down.

Im really curious to see how Fitch's control game works against Maia's bjj though. Regardless of excitement, I would pay just to see how it plays out.

C'mon, Fitch is a better all-around fighter than Maia. Jon's sending another Brazilian back to their third world country w/ a loss in hand.

Im scared of it being a terrible standup fight. Not sure Fitch wants to take him down, and Maia wont get Fitch down.

Im really curious to see how Fitch's control game works against Maia's bjj though. Regardless of excitement, I would pay just to see how it plays out.

agree..terrible stand up fight it will be

I dont know who takes it, I just hope it wont be a stalemate with neither fighter able to mount significant offense.

Wow Maia vs Fitch is on the Aldo vs Edgar card...

thought it was a couple of months away

I think Fitch takes the fight via UD sadly, Maia cardio at MW was bad, a cut to WW wont help him.
hoping maia wins tho

I can see fitch outstriking maia for 2 rounds and then beating him up bad in the 3rd for a UD. I dont see either guy finishing in this fight because they are both very durable and neither has thunder in their hands.

Fitch's stand-up isn't that bad honestly. In the second round of the GSP fight, he was boxing up Georges pretty good, moving in and out etc. If this fight stays standing I'm positive Fitch should win.

Maia can take Fitch down, Fitch's wrestling is not elite. Looking forward to this hope its an epic mat battle.

K-1 Maia vs Rich Fitch = sleepy time, so lets hope its broke fitch vs. ADCC Maia, will be FOTY candidate!

I have Maia by sub. If Maia gets him in that rear naked like Silva did, fitch wont escape

Maia is gonna take this fairly easily unless he gasses. Maia is a bigger Penn. Hope they don't try and keep fight standing...

Back