Fish tacos = the best surprise

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am off the coast of cancun and had fish tacos for the first time the meal was bomb! I always thought they would be gross. Oh how wrong I was. Anyone have any fish taco stories or recommendations on where to get some of these delicious treats? FYI place I went to was mango cafe

I am off the coast of cancun and had fish tacos for the first time the meal was bomb! I always thought they would be gross. Oh how wrong I was. Anyone have any fish taco stories or recommendations on where to get some of these delicious treats? FYI place I went to was mango cafe

The best that I ever had were in South Padre Island. I don't remember the name of the restaurant. The second best were at a place called "La Tuna" in San Antonio. I go there at lunch from time to time to get them.

MOst places in California are good

I eat at Piquito Mas in Burbank Ca a lot -mostly because it's near work

Papas and Beer in Asheville is awesome for Fish Tacos.

I used to think they sounded disgusting as well. But oh dear lord are they delicious.

MOst places in California are good

I eat at Piquito Mas in Burbank Ca a lot -mostly because it's near work

Papas and Beer in Asheville is awesome for Fish Tacos.

I thought that the Papas and Beer in Rosarito, BC was the only one.

wahoos1.jpg

If you're in Hawaii check this place out.

I thought that the Papas and Beer in Rosarito, BC was the only one.

Thats a nightclub right?

P&B in Ashville NC is unrelated I believe. -except it is Mexican owned -and an 1-2 hour wait to get in on almost every night.

Last edited:
The first time I eer had fish Tacos was at the Mad Mex in State College PA. They was real good. When I came back to civilization, I went seeking some. I started eating them at the Houlihan's on Rte 4 in Paramus NJ. But now I live in NYC, and they dont have it anywhere.

It is important to use the right fish, and batter. The fish pieces needs to be juicy, so the fish needs to be as fresh as possible.

Going Saturday to a mexican place...and I really dont like Mexican food all that much but I do like Fish tacos and will get those.

i had some in santa rosa, ca (tex wasabi's or something like that). quite delicious. i tried them somewhere else (can't remember) not nearly as good :icon_neut

I had fish taco stories when I was 13. I used to make my friends smell my fingers.

Del Taco has some decent crispy fish tacos.

Thats a nightclub right?

P&B in Ashville NC is unrelated I believe. -except it is Mexican owned -and an 1-2 hour wait to get in on almost every night.

Yep. Sort of. A night club on the beach. Maybe same owners.

Whenever I hear something crazy like fish tacos I usually say, 'anything that sounds that nasty has to be good.'

In fact, the nastier it sounds the better it probably is, if it's still selling well.

Yep. Sort of. A night club on the beach. Maybe same owners.

I several friends/coworkers with condos and such in Rosarito area etc who don't travel their anymore after the crazy crime spike.

How bad would that suck to pay on something that you don't use.

I was there last year - had no problems

Fish tacos are the best. Sucks you had to wait this long to figure it out. You can get good ones every where in Cali

I several friends/coworkers with condos and such in Rosarito area etc who don't travel their anymore after the crazy crime spike.

How bad would that suck to pay on something that you don't use.

I was there last year - had no problems

Sucks. Their property values must have dropped dramatically. I used to go there all the time in the mid-90's. I don't think that I would anymore. You never know when the cartel will come around and try to make a point.

2 friends of mine came over one day and i made them fish tacos man.

a couple of days later they came back to my place and shot me in the stomach over some drug deal

They are the best made with cod, grouper, and tilapia, in that order. I grill up my own from time to time, usually with fresly caught striped bass. They're good, but not as good as cod, grouper, and tilapia. I can't catch those here, though.

When I was about 8, my Dad and I would go to this place on the harbor called "John's Fish Tacos", he'd always get fish tacos, I'd always get fish and chips. Well, eventually he got me to try the fish tacos, and I haven't looked back since. The combination of flavors and textures you get with the taco is really amazing.

Also, give shrimp tacos a try if you get the chance, I like them even better than fish!

Shrimp+Taco%2527s+2012+070.JPG

shrimp+tacos.JPG

shrimptacos-1.jpg

Back