Fish tacos = the best surprise

This is all code for mexican hookers, right?

I made these a while back: they are double decker black bean and grilled mahi mahi with sri racha slaw.

533359_3657629448742_1494144734_n.jpg

Fish tacos is where it's at. If you dont get them in Baja or southern CA you don't know good fish tacos.

Fish tacos and beer are made for each other probably more so than any other food/drink pairing that I can think of off the top of my head, so there's that aspect to factor in, as well.

Fish tacos are exactly as awesome or gross as the fish that went into them.

there is this place in ventura across the street from the college called snapper jacks, have to say, the fish tacos are pretty damn awesome!

The Brigantine, which is a restaurant with 6 locations throughout San Diego has super tasty fish tacos. Point Loma Seafood does as well, and also Mitch's in SD.

I'll probably get flamed for this but its all I got.

Chevy's has pretty good fish taco's

Some local "authentic" Mexican places have fish taco's but they are all fried fish(not a fan I want to taste the fish not greasy batter). The one place only has the non fried fish tacos for lunch and I have not been able to try them yet.

Fried vs. Grilled? Corn vs. Flour? Sauce? Species of fish?

I think the best thing to do (fun for the whole family and an excuse to knock down some cold beers) is to go a really nice grocery store and buy some fresh ingredients and make your own. Find some top-rated recipes and find what works best: it'll be better than any restaurant.

MOst places in California are good

I eat at Piquito Mas in Burbank Ca a lot -mostly because it's near work

Papas and Beer in Asheville is awesome for Fish Tacos.

Are you in Arlington yet?

If you drive east into Grand Prairie, there's plenty of decent Mexican eateries. And by Mexican, I mean Mexican, not Tex-Mex or Mexi-Cali. Agua Azul on Main street has good fish tacos and the ceviche's not bad, either.

If you're willing to drive, La Calle Doce in Oak Cliff does great seafood stew and soups to go with the ceviche and fish tacos.

I like Wahoo's or Rubio's. Rubio's has Taco Tuesdays for $1.50 tacos. I prefer the fried ones, although they're not as healthy. The grilled ones I had were good, too.

I ate them when I went fishing in Ensenada years ago.

South Beach Grill in San Diego..

Get the Mahi tacos... or the lobster ones are good too.

Tacos all the way.

How do you guys who make fish tacos, make fish tacos?

I like to combine salted, peppered, flash-grilled salmon and tilapia on flour tortillas with coarse-chopped tomatoes, cilantro, onion, aged cheddar and cabbage.

Back