Social First Nation's protests in Canada paralyze national rail lines

We Canadians really fucked up when it came to dealing with the first nation peoples. Should've followed the example set by you Americans, kill off 99% of them and stuff the few that are left into segregated communities while ignoring their existence. Instead we throw money at them while constantly bowing to their every demand while kissing their asses.

We Canadians really fucked up when it came to dealing with the first nation peoples. Should've followed the example set by you Americans, kill off 99% of them and stuff the few that are left into segregated communities while ignoring their existence. Instead we throw money at them while constantly bowing to their every demand while kissing their asses.

We did do that, moron.

Yeah, fuck all of this.

I've talked to people who were in residential schools and that's bad enough. We need to find a better way. And that way needs be to get these disenfranchised folks to buy into the idea that is Canada thereby making them invested in this country as a whole.

I don't blame them if they don't want anything to do with Canada. It's a growing sentiment.

We should just balkanize already.

A country for the Natives, Conservatives, Liberals and the French Canadians.

Too bad Canadian gun owners can't group up and get more organized.

Liberals should be afraid every time they come after us.

Threatening violence is a bannable offense - Heed the ghost of Viva, wack job.

So are you advocating armed overthrow of the government ?

Armed overthrow would be less offensive to his moral sensibilities than trains not running on time. Or people with vaginas taking a squat in the men's bathroom.

Threatening violence is a bannable offense - Heed the ghost of Viva, wack job.

No mr. I lick the boot of tyranny, I meant they should be afraid of protests. Gun owners should group up and get more organized, like the Natives.

Armed overthrow would be less offensive to his moral sensibilities than trains not running on time. Or people with vaginas taking a squat in the men's bathroom.

Don't worry, your never resist attitude is alive and well in Canada.

Those borders will be kept open.

I'm on standby today because of all of this nonsense. Not sure what for, I'm just going to get sent out to stand around and watch.

We bought these from Netherlands. We should definitely put them to good use, Tiananmen style.

74ec4c5ed26b81c29e36817e1380cb86.jpg

I'm on standby today because of all of this nonsense. Not sure what for, I'm just going to get sent out to stand around and watch.
Stand on guard for thee my man.

I loathe just standing around and waiting for anything, so I get you.

Stand on guard for thee my man.

I loathe just standing around and waiting for anything, so I get you.
I hate it because it's a waste of time and resources. None of the agencies deployed or waiting for instructions (in my area at least) will even be allowed to do anything. It's literally pulling people off of other work to do nothing. CN has their own police, let them do it and call for assistance if needed.

Dude, there were hundreds of armed Mohawk at Oka at points. Oka was legitimately a situation which required careful handling to avoid a bloodbath.

You may not care but I don't really want the kind of slaughter that may trigger a low key insurgency access Canada.
insurgency from natives? Common man... the country is weak but not that much.

I hate it because it's a waste of time and resources. None of the agencies deployed or waiting for instructions (in my area at least) will even be allowed to do anything. It's literally pulling people off of other work to do nothing. CN has their own police, let them do it and call for assistance if needed.
Fair enough. As an aside, for some reason I thought you got out of law enforcement when you moved to the sticks.

Yeah, fuck all of this.

I've talked to people who were in residential schools and that's bad enough. We need to find a better way. And that way needs be to get these disenfranchised folks to buy into the idea that is Canada thereby making them invested in this country as a whole.

Yeah, but we don't have a particularly attractive vision of Canada to share at this moment. Why should First Nations want to buy in when most of the official discourse is around how awful and racist Canadian history is? A country that thinks this way isn't stable.

We bought these from Netherlands. We should definitely put them to good use, Tiananmen style.

74ec4c5ed26b81c29e36817e1380cb86.jpg

Christ have mercy. Yeah, good plan there.

OPP not going along with it.

Ford is a dumbass with weak hands. The OPP is ultimately answerable to the executive. Make the call and get your province back to work. Politicians have to be prepared to make these hard calls, not past the buck.

Even Trudeau is less of a weenie than Ford, which is pretty amazing.

You can be damn sure the Surete de Quebec are going to enforce the law.

We let those Mohawks off easy back then. They didn't learn any lesson.

If they can't be taught to respect legal rulings, then teach them to fear it.

Yeah, let's try this. Ratcheting up the level of violence will surely work great.

I'm not saying don't enforce the law, but going in bloodthirsty won't improve anything. Diffusing the situation with the minimum necessary force should be the goal, not shock and awe. Like it or not, these are Canadian citizens, not foreign combatants.

Back