Social First Nation's protests in Canada paralyze national rail lines

I am glad that Trudeau is doing this, but I agree with Paul Wells' assessment in the above article that the timing is odd. He must have decided to do this earlier than he let on, based in the messaging.

Well, he really didn't have a choice. These guys are shutting down industry and causing layoffs. I think he let it go as far as he possibly could, before public sentiment really got ugly.

Protests are fine, but you can't let this small group just run amok across Canada, while they tell you that negotiation is off the table. That's when protests turn into soft terrorism. You can't reason with a group like that. Time to send in the heavies. They asked for it.

Well, he really didn't have a choice. These guys are shutting down industry and causing layoffs. I think he let it go as far as he possibly could, before public sentiment really got ugly.

Protests are fine, but you can't let this small group just run amok across Canada, while they tell you that negotiation is off the table. That's when protests turn into soft terrorism. You can't reason with a group like that. Time to send in the heavies. They asked for it.

Oh, I agree. If Canada can't handle this I'm not sure we deserve to be a country.

A lot of this was created by talk of nation to nation talks and unceded territory, which creates expectations the idiots mouthing these platitudes have no intentions of satisfying.

Conrad Blacks take in this is pretty good, as is this NP opinion piece.
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/co...-has-abandoned-its-responsibility-to-lead/amp

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/np-view-the-barricade-frenzy-has-reached-a-fever-pitch/amp

Yet another reason we have to get off fossil fuels as fast as possible.

Old article here is still relevant

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/nov/01/noam-chomsky-canadas-shale-gas-energy-tar-sands

"It is pretty ironic that the so-called 'least advanced' people are the ones taking the lead in trying to protect all of us, while the richest and most powerful among us are the ones who are trying to drive the society to destruction."

This isn't the transmountain pipeline and has fuck all to do with the tar sands. It is a LNG project. Natural gas is much cleaner than coal or oil.

Yet another reason we have to get off fossil fuels as fast as possible.

Old article here is still relevant

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/nov/01/noam-chomsky-canadas-shale-gas-energy-tar-sands

"It is pretty ironic that the so-called 'least advanced' people are the ones taking the lead in trying to protect all of us, while the richest and most powerful among us are the ones who are trying to drive the society to destruction."

Natives are about money and victimhood. They don’t give a fuck about environment.

Good, hold them up and make their life hell.

This might increase crime.

Canada needs jobs, we're increasing immigration so these dumbasses better stop with the nonsense.

If we don't sell our resources, what green tech jobs will be able to accommodate hundreds of thousands of diverse immigrants?

Last edited:
Yup. These are the same assholes defending their ancestral right to club baby seals and torture whales to death.
Exactly. This shitshow is all about posturing as morally right. As far as the oka crisis,it was a joke. A couple of fat ugly fucks in cheap surplus with .22 rifles larping as terrorists would have got ran over like rats had the gov not being run by submisive phags.

Exactly. This shitshow is all about money. As far as the oka crisis,it was a joke. A couple of fat ugly fucks in cheap surplus with .22 rifles larping as terrorists would have got ran over like rats had the gov not being run by submisive phags.

Dude, there were hundreds of armed Mohawk at Oka at points. Oka was legitimately a situation which required careful handling to avoid a bloodbath.

You may not care but I don't really want the kind of slaughter that may trigger a low key insurgency access Canada.

Racism is raging in here from the usual gang.

This could all have been avoided I'd they would just run the pipeline somewhere else.

Racism is raging in here from the usual gang.

This could all have been avoided I'd they would just run the pipeline somewhere else.

No offense, but where?

1) more than 100% of BC is subject to aboriginal title claims.

2)most of the Wetsuweten want the pipeline.

3)the company consulted extensively and got majority buy in from every stakeholder.

Is this a "sacred land" argument?

Well I think the government should delusionally encourage them and roll around in unnecessary self-guilt until some insanity springs up and people have to get hurt. I think they are right on the money the way they have been going the last 15-20 years, basically.

Lots of track time for the employees who maintain the equipment at least. Probably tons of new equipment going in during this outage, serious.

No offense, but where?

1) more than 100% of BC is subject to aboriginal title claims.

2)most of the Wetsuweten want the pipeline.

3)the company consulted extensively and got majority buy in from every stakeholder.
Don't let facts get in the way of reee.

Back