Elections First GOP Debate on Fox Discussion: Who's in and Who's Out.

After your comment I decided to look up Webb's military service. It sounds like he was a bit of a bad ass:

Source

Damn, good thing he has no shot at the nomination, by the time the election came people would be saying that bunker was full of unarmed children and be wearing those purple heart bandages again.

I have a feeling this is going to be disappointing...im guessing the moderators will make it impossible for Trump to really go off.

Its just if you make it to the level he has in the field that he has i expect you to be smart in other ways just as a result of being so smart in what you do. Then he says some of the shit he does, and i just find myself in amazement that the same guy thats saying what hes saying is a doctor, and a pretty respected one at that. I guess i assume some sort of residual smartness.

I think you've hit on the thing that makes him popularish. However, instead of checking their expectations like you did, people who support him went the other way and said "Well, he's a doctor, he must be right!" I think many professions have that aura, but are just as prone to ignorance as any other, and more prone to vanity. I play poker with a bunch of Google employees, and they often try to talk about political issues I've researched, and I know they're wrong, but it wouldn't be worth my time to convince them otherwise.

I have a feeling this is going to be disappointing...im guessing the moderators will make it impossible for Trump to really go off.

Moderators will be Brett Baier, Chris Wallace and Megyn Kelly.

I think you've hit on the thing that makes him popularish. However, instead of checking their expectations like you did, people who support him went the other way and said "Well, he's a doctor, he must be right!" I think many professions have that aura, but are just as prone to ignorance as any other, and more prone to vanity. I play poker with a bunch of Google employees, and they often try to talk about political issues I've researched, and I know they're wrong, but it wouldn't be worth my time to convince them otherwise.

Yea some people are just impossible to convince. My aunt is that way, she will vote for whoever Bill O. tells her too and believe every word he says like it was from the Lord himself. I am as independent as i can be and i try to show her video evidence of Bill being wrong and she will 100% of the time blame it on being taken out of contrext or as a "production issue" it just gets to infuriating to argue or even discuss certain things with people like her. Im swayable with my opinions if you show me why im wrong, some people just are NEVER wrong though, in their own eyes. Last year she told me shed by me dinner if i could find evidence of Bill O. saying something about people going to jail for not having Obama care. I show her a video clip, and "clearly he was joking" when he said what he did in the video, so it didnt count.

Debates would be so much better if they could have a real time politifacts type of group there to real time check the facts of what the candidates say.

After your comment I decided to look up Webb's military service. It sounds like he was a bit of a bad ass:

Source

Webb said a few years back he felt like punching W. Bush in the face when the president asked how his son was doing in Iraq. Webb was an early outspoken critic of the invasion.

Interesting that they go 10 deep and no military vets make the cut. Yet, outside of Paul, they'll all try to out-Hawk each other.

Only rich people run for office, and rich people don't join the military.

Yea some people are just impossible to convince. My aunt is that way, she will vote for whoever Bill O. tells her too and believe every word he says like it was from the Lord himself. I am as independent as i can be and i try to show her video evidence of Bill being wrong and she will 100% of the time blame it on being taken out of contrext or as a "production issue" it just gets to infuriating to argue or even discuss certain things with people like her. Im swayable with my opinions if you show me why im wrong, some people just are NEVER wrong though, in their own eyes. Last year she told me shed by me dinner if i could find evidence of Bill O. saying something about people going to jail for not having Obama care. I show her a video clip, and "clearly he was joking" when he said what he did in the video, so it didnt count.

Yeah, those people exist by the millions, it's a given people like Carson and Trump (and most of the GOP field, really) would grab some of them. I wouldn't try to lecture Trump on stealing condo deposits, or Carson on surgery, but I reserve the right to raise my eyebrows when they say something stunningly wrong or hypocritical.

There's been general outrage on the part of pollsters about Fox's approach. Basically everything below Walker is statistically indistinguishable. Fox picked whomever they wanted to round out 4-10. At least one major pollster refused to release any polls over the last little bit because the whole thing is bullshit.

That's fair, but how would you make the cutoff, then? Doesn't look like they made any bad choices other than Christie over Perry (I'm not basing that on anything rigorous but I feel pretty good about it).

I think you mean 16 years. Unless you somehow think GWB was the alpha. Dick and Daddy ran that man.

GHWB was a dork, Reagan was a fool who had a career in drama, Carter was also a dork, Ford was a spaz, Nixon was majorly uptight. LBJ was kind of a badass. So let's say 42 years. That much time without a president who is Lucas's type sexually is making America thirsty for Trump, I guess.

GHWB was a dork, Reagan was a fool who had a career in drama, Carter was also a dork, Ford was a spaz, Nixon was majorly uptight. LBJ was kind of a badass. So let's say 42 years. That much time without a president who is Lucas's type sexually is making America thirsty for Trump, I guess.

Not in a row though, no way my man Willy isnt an alpha boss. Blowjobs at your desk when your desk is in the Oval office is an absolute alpha move.

Not in a row though, no way my man Willy isnt an alpha boss. Blowjobs at your desk when your desk is in the Oval office is an absolute alpha move.

Oh, fuck. I completely forgot about him. OK.

I liked Clinton as our president. Also, I don't support Trump; just offering an explanation as to why people have interest in him.

I liked Clinton as our president. Also, I don't support Trump; just offering an explanation as to why people have interest in him.

And it makes sense...

Trump represents the "Id" and pent up angst of many Americans..

he's represents the "alpha", "I don't give a fu*k", "I'm going to tell it how it is, and not apologize" type of persona that many Americans appeal to.

I dont' support Trump, but in today's political climate where you have to walk on egg shells, use euphemisms, apologize constantly for being misinterpreted or insensitive, ...I understand why Trump is doing as well as he is.

I think it's just that a significant portion of the right is barking mad. They're increasingly disconnected from society and fear that they will soon be on the bottom of the totem pole and blaming both people below them who are gaining and shadowy elites. Trump is telling them what they want to hear, and they're eating it up. Nothing new about peasants supporting an aristocratic demagogue.

I still think Trump comes off incredibly insecure anytime he's not behind a podium. This is a billionaire who gets into Twitter fights with Line Cooks from South Dakota.

I still think Trump comes off incredibly insecure anytime he's not behind a podium. This is a billionaire who gets into Twitter fights with Line Cooks from South Dakota.

Insecurity is his defining trait.

Back