First girlfriend thread of 2013

Guys, I got an excerpt from her diary. HillRaiser sent me a pic of it from his iPad.

My name is HillRaiser's girlfriend. I am twenty-four years old. I live in the Canadian Maple Garden Buildings on West Eighty-First Street, on the fourth floor. The other guy I'm interested in/repulsed by lives across the street.

I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, it's because I've been sleeping for far too long from narcolepsy. I can sleep for well over two days now.

After I wake up, I use sniffing salts to keep me awake. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then I listen to a video recording of Diego Sanchez saying "YES!", and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my day.

I always use coca-butter lotion because coca butter removes the stretch marks from previous pregnancies I've had. Then moisturizer, then an anti-sperm Fallopian balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

There is an idea of a HillRaiser's girlfriend, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and tell you I love you and feel flesh gripping you and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there...

christian-bale-american-psycho-photos-10222009-12.jpeg

Guys, I got an excerpt from her diary. HillRaiser sent me a pic of it from his iPad.

My name is HillRaiser's girlfriend. I am twenty-four years old. I live in the Canadian Maple Garden Buildings on West Eighty-First Street, on the fourth floor. The other guy I'm interested in/repulsed by lives across the street.

I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, it's because I've been sleeping for far too long from narcolepsy. I can sleep for well over two days now.

After I wake up, I use sniffing salts to keep me awake. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then I listen to a video recording of Diego Sanchez saying "YES!", and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my day.

I always use coca-butter lotion because coca butter removes the stretch marks from previous pregnancies I've had. Then moisturizer, then an anti-sperm Fallopian balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

There is an idea of a HillRaiser's girlfriend, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and tell you I love you and feel flesh gripping you and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there...

Fucking LOL.

You'd die if you knew how close this was to reality.

Except she's 23, and a better writer :D

No offense to you whatsoever, HillRaiser. I'm just saying that that's one of the greatest writers of our generation writing there, at least for angry young men.

Hill, you're an evil person for breaking Nonsense's trust.

Doubly so for not posting pics...

I know, right?

Although if this little notebook is for academic notes, maybe there was no expectation that Hilly wouldn't flip through it anyway.

I understrand your need to know what she's thinking, but I am a big huge gigantic believer in privacy, even in long term committed relationships. I do not ever check my husband's cell or email. We have separate email accounts and do not know each other's passwords. If he needs to complain about me, he has to feel comfortable doing so without fear that I'm going to fly off the handle about it. And vice versa. A breach of privacy is hard to undo, even if she never finds out about it.

To TS, if you say you never had true issue before she moved, what was the reason she moved far away?

Either way, I think your relationship is fucked and you should end it if you cant trust her living away. Whats it going to take for you to trust her when shes out there by herself, 24/7 texting?

I recently got in a relationship with a girl who doesn't like showing affection, and it really frustrated me until about a week ago when I just thought to myself,
"Why bother with someone who doesn't bother for me?". I also thought to myself that I was more attracted to the IDEA of a relationship and the idea of having someone to care for and be cared by. Depending on the circumstances this attraction I feel could be for someone completely different. When I realised that, I felt 100x better. I hope things work out for you either way, TS. Be it you and her sorting things out and having a great relationship, or you ending up being single, going through a dark phase then realising how good life still is.

no point in reading it and trying to use it against her. girls always use the same excuse: i knew you were going to read it, that's why i wrote that; just to see what you'd say :rolleyes:

I know, right?

Although if this little notebook is for academic notes, maybe there was no expectation that Hilly wouldn't flip through it anyway.

I understrand your need to know what she's thinking, but I am a big huge gigantic believer in privacy, even in long term committed relationships. I do not ever check my husband's cell or email. We have separate email accounts and do not know each other's passwords. If he needs to complain about me, he has to feel comfortable doing so without fear that I'm going to fly off the handle about it. And vice versa. A breach of privacy is hard to undo, even if she never finds out about it.

It's not exactly the kind of book that would cause her to freak out if she saw me flipping through it. I think the personal writing is a newer thing for that particular book, the bulk of it is probably somewhere else (that I won't be searching for, promise!).

Your valuing of privacy seems to me to depend on communication lines being open in the first place. If she would talk to me and give me an answer that I found satisfying I wouldn't even consider invading her privacy in the first place. I've had plenty of opportunities to look through her things before and it hasn't even occurred to me, because I haven't been worried the way I am now.

It's not fair to keep me at a distance and not tell me why. If she wants to do that, she's going to have to take care to keep things she doesn't want me to read out of my grasp :icon_chee

Anyways, we're in agreement here. I'm just frustrated right now.

To TS, if you say you never had true issue before she moved, what was the reason she moved far away?

Either way, I think your relationship is fucked and you should end it if you cant trust her living away. Whats it going to take for you to trust her when shes out there by herself, 24/7 texting?

Actually I moved back home after finishing school, she's still in the city where we both used to live. She is out there by herself! But she keeps to herself too much when I feel like she should be talking to me. Can't say if it's the distance between us or something else I've done. I won't be ending things over this kind of nonsense though, it would take something much more concrete for me to put our relationship behind me.

I recently got in a relationship with a girl who doesn't like showing affection, and it really frustrated me until about a week ago when I just thought to myself,
"Why bother with someone who doesn't bother for me?". I also thought to myself that I was more attracted to the IDEA of a relationship and the idea of having someone to care for and be cared by. Depending on the circumstances this attraction I feel could be for someone completely different. When I realised that, I felt 100x better. I hope things work out for you either way, TS. Be it you and her sorting things out and having a great relationship, or you ending up being single, going through a dark phase then realising how good life still is.

Do you really think her lack of affection meant the same thing as it would if it were you doing it though? Some people express themselves differently, her not touching you doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as it would if you weren't touching her.

This is my first serious relationship, and I have enjoyed it thus far. I can't say I'm not hoping that it doesn't end, or that I won't hang on too long if it feels like it's about to.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Just ask her.

i thought it was already established that she ain't talking.

i posted that off the op.
u cray if u think im reading this whole thread.

i posted that off the op.
u cray if u think im reading this whole thread.

i think it was on the page before this one. basically ts wouldn't even think about reading her notebook if she would answer his questions or let him know what's wrong (or what he perceives is wrong). that's why he's considering "invading her privacy".

Actually I moved back home after finishing school, she's still in the city where we both used to live. She is out there by herself! But she keeps to herself too much when I feel like she should be talking to me. Can't say if it's the distance between us or something else I've done. I won't be ending things over this kind of nonsense though, it would take something much more concrete for me to put our relationship behind me.

This is new information. So in fact, you abandoned her and now you don't understand why she is somewhat more distanced than she used to be.

This is new information. So in fact, you abandoned her and now you don't understand why she is somewhat more distanced than she used to be.

and then he invades her privacy while she's showering.

and SHE'S the one with issues here?

I think she's slowly putting TS in the rear-view, and good on her!

It's an idea, but not one that I think is very accurate given the details of the situation.

It's an idea, but not one that I think is very accurate given the details of the situation.

Who cares about the details, it's her feelings about it that counts. If you moved out of town, you're the one that left.

Quick check - have you asked how she is? Not how you are as a couple, but how she's going generally?

If you're really worried about how she feels about you, she might not feel comfortable talking about non-you related things because she might be expecting to have to spend a lot of time explaining that it's nothing to do with you... Pretending to accept what she says about the two of you at face value might give her the space to open up about other things that might be bothering her.

Back