Elections First Ever Transgender State Senator Elected

201104004423-sarah-mcbride-exlarge-169.jpg

I find the media's coverage of this milestone by Sarah McBride a little perplexing for the following reason.

When members of a certain branch of feminism suggest that a trans woman's experience of womanhood within the culture is fundamentally different than the experience of a biological woman's they are pilloried by a certain segment of the left.

On the other hand, while we know that many, many women have become both state and US senators prior to 2020, McBride is being singled out and congratulated by this same segment of the left for her unique achievement - due to her being a trans woman.

Is this not evidence that those who condemn allegedly "anti-trans" feminists ultimately make the same exact distinction between trans women and biological women in terms of their very different experiences within the culture?

Why do only some get to decide when a transgender woman may be considered a woman and when she is to be considered a "woman +"? Why isn't all such differentiation labeled transphobia?
Your point is wise and points out the hypocrisy of the topic. At the end of the day, does anyone really care about a trans women being elected to something? I sure don't.

these are great questions.

I have no idea...I don't understand transgenderism...can't relate to it...but in the mean time until I do, I will be respectful and treat them with courtesy and respect as I would anyone else.

"Nothing good comes out of being a dick to someone."
Oh I wouldn't be an asshole to them or tolerate anyone else doing so either, but I'm also not going to adhere to someone's delusions because muh feelz.

these are great questions.

I have no idea...I don't understand transgenderism...can't relate to it...but in the mean time until I do, I will be respectful and treat them with courtesy and respect as I would anyone else.

"Nothing good comes out of being a dick to someone."

Gender identity is not the same thing as sexuality.

That’s not the issue at all.

The issue is from post-modernist progressives actively promoting it as an ideal, even tempting younger impressionable kids into dialogue on it.

It’s all gross, low logic thinking propped up on concepts of virtue signalling.

So because a very very small percentage of woman can be born with gonads, gender is not defined by a penis or vagina? There are always anomalies so this article it written more as op-Ed than anything else. They can try to skew it however they want but it is very simple.
Yes the chromosomal or genetic abnormality argument is rather ineffective in persuading the skeptics, and for good reason.

Pretty cool actually. I hope she is the best person for the job.
I can't speak to her qualifications, although by all accounts she is very smart and hard-working. However, she won her primary with 91.3% of the vote, and win the general election with 73.3%.

That’s not the issue at all.

The issue is from post-modernist progressives actively promoting it as an ideal, even tempting younger impressionable kids into dialogue on it.

It’s all gross, low logic thinking propped up on concepts of virtue signalling.

this is actually another good point...

I forgot who that woman was on JRE. she discussed this. there is an alarming rate of young HS girls thinking they are trans. I think it was from .08 to 2.6 percent, which is a huge jump.

Oh I wouldn't be an asshole to them or tolerate anyone else doing so either, but I'm also not going to adhere to someone's delusions because muh feelz.

My apologies. I wasn't insinuating that. I was just speaking for myself.
that being said, I do draw the line several places.

I don't believe men "who identify as woman" shouldn't be able to participate in women athletics.
nor do I believe that children under 18 should be able to "transition" without parental consent.

My apologies. I wasn't insinuating that. I was just speaking for myself.
that being said, I do draw the line several places.

I don't believe men "who identify as woman" shouldn't be able to participate in women athletics.
nor do I believe that children under 18 should be able to "transition" without parental consent.
I agree on both of those.

Especially these piece of shit parents who do everything but coerce their kids into claiming they're trans because they have a 5 year old son who likes the color purple, when their actual agenda is to raise their social media following among the "progressives" so they can get praise and likes from other parents who are doing the same shit.

It's a social fucking abomination.

this is actually another good point...

I forgot who that woman was on JRE. she discussed this. there is an alarming rate of young HS girls thinking they are trans. I think it was from .08 to 2.6 percent, which is a huge jump.

Curriculums are blatantly honest about their post-modernist leanings, nobody is paying attention.

They bring up concepts of gender identity to kids who can’t tie their shoes now. Imagine polluting the minds of 6 year olds with such malignancy...

If this is about substance and not about optics then I say good.

Curriculums are blatantly honest about their post-modernist leanings, nobody is paying attention.

They bring up concepts of gender identity to kids who can’t tie their shoes now. Imagine polluting the minds of 6 year olds with such malignancy...

it is truly irresponsible in every sense of the word.

"you may not know what gender you are...you could be a girl....you may have multiple feelings or genders..."

imagine telling this to a child.

now if you're an adult, sure...knock yourself out, it's a free country. but this is a dangerous path to introduce this to young children with little context, or to kids who know nothing about sexaulity.

Good for her and also good for the voters who can not be bigots and vote against her due to how she identifies.

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau like to play dress up. This will be his next costume if it gives him more votes.

it is truly irresponsible in every sense of the word.

"you may not know what gender you are...you could be a girl....you may have multiple feelings or genders..."

imagine telling this to a child.

now if you're an adult, sure...knock yourself out, it's a free country. but this is a dangerous path to introduce this to young children with little context, or to kids who know nothing about sexaulity.
Irresponsible is too light.

It's child abuse, 100%.

It's funny, my wife and I noticed that our hairdresser was very weird. Dude has tiny forearms and hands, small frame, not a lot of facial hair, and just gives this very unmanly vibe. He also gives "mental problem vibes" 1 km away. Not the shoot up a highschool kind of vibe, but more the very sad, needs to be protected vibe. I was telling to my wife like 2 months ago that it must not be easy for a man to be that feminine and that you could tell that he has some disorders.

We learned like 1 month ago from neighbors that the dude is actually a woman who got a sex change. Honestly I don't like the whole in your face alphabet turbo woke trash, but this dude / woman is a very kind person and is very kind to our daughter and family and I would actually go out of my way to help this person if I ever had to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back