Crime Fired for calling police on shoplifters

Terry Noonan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

It's corporate rule in America instead of law. Mega Corp doesn't want to get sued by criminals or employees over someone hurt in a robbery so they say just let it happen . Also don't want any headlines about racism

It then creates a culture where criminals know this and feel emboldened to do criminal shit.

Then once in a while some human will break the programming and do the right thing and fights back or calls the cops and Mega Corp steps in and fires them for breaking store policy

Rinse and repeat

It's corporate rule in America instead of law. Mega Corp doesn't want to get sued by criminals or employees over someone hurt in a robbery so they say just let it happen . Also don't want any headlines about racism

It then creates a culture where criminals know this and feel emboldened to do criminal shit.

Then once in a while some human will break the programming and do the right thing and fights back or calls the cops and Mega Corp steps in and fires them for breaking store policy

Rinse and repeat
Very logical

That's just stupid and I hope they lose business because of it.

They didn't physically interfere just verbally and recorded it.

That's normal policy. Verbally ask if they are going to pay, record, get plate number if possible then call the police.

That's just stupid and I hope they lose business because of it.

They didn't physically interfere just verbally and recorded it.

That's normal policy. Verbally ask if they are going to pay, record, get plate number if possible then call the police.
Now you can’t report shoplifting lol. Woke ideology.

Very logical

It is from their point of view. Unfortunately for society it creates a criminal culture where this shit becomes common. It also creates an expectation of safety for criminals....which then people spout on the internet. You see it reflected back when someone says they have insurance or no ones life is worth a tv where as back in the day people would say good fuck that guy he belongs in jail or dead.

Seems wild a store’s policy can effectively been “don’t take simple action to allow a crime to be successfully pursued by police”.

I assume that the stores official national policy is zero interference to limit danger to workers.

I assume the talk on the ground is closer to what they state in the article. Bad optics to be seen helping police make arrests.

Seems wild a store’s policy can effectively been “don’t take simple action to allow a crime to be successfully pursued by police”.

I assume that the stores official national policy is zero interference to limit danger to workers.

I assume the talk on the ground is closer to what they state in the article. Bad optics to be seen helping police make arrests.
Totally bad optics to protect store assets and live in a society. If we don’t wanna involve the police then make violence against theft legal.

I think Lululemon should get the Bud Light treatment from their customers, maybe then they will reconsider their policy.

Probably decent policy to not interfere physically to be honest. I guess depends what exactly is stolen...
It is a rationale policy not to physically intervene. To fire employees for literally calling the police on shoplifting is hilarious and indefensible. If I worked at LuLemon I’d just call my friends to come steal. After all I can’t stop them nor should I report it.

It's interesting that in this case the police did catch the criminals and charged them with felony robbery. That's three POS off the streets right there because the employees disregarded policy. Lululemon's policies are literally a detriment to public safety.

I mean, if its store policy.....Don't try to be a hero for a minimum wage job. Simple as that. Why risk your life even when your employer doesn't want you to.

Probably decent policy to not interfere physically to be honest. I guess depends what exactly is stolen...

Yea it's not worth risking employees being injured or the legal hassle. However if they attack you then you can defend yourself. There are plenty of things in an auto parts store at hand to use if needed.

I will say working Loss Prevention for a major retail Corp was just as much "keep.us from even the possibility of being sued in court" as "keep the losses under our Shrink budget"

Back