Fire in the Sky. Very interesting UFO mystery. What do you think really happened?

Nothing was shoved up his ass. According to him, he ran off 3 gray aliens with his violent karate and started flying their UFO around. Not even joking. lol

I wish I could tell you the karate stance lumberjack fought the good fight -a nd the grays left him be. I wish I could tell you that... but an alien spaceship ain't no fairytale land. He never said they probed him.
But we all knew.

The alien story probably happened just like the hillbilly said.

Has there ever been a case of aliens abducting anyone of notable intelligence (not GSP)? I'd be far more inclined to believe an astrophysicist from Princeton over Billy Bob the town drunk.

You mean Bruce Lee didn't fight a giant samurai in real life?

Is mothaf***ahs in this thread talking shite about Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story?

Dragon-TheBruceLeeStory-07-400-sg.gif

There was one where Mulder was at the Aricebo radio telescope or whatever down in South America, and there's a hurricane raging outside, it's night and he's alone in the control room, the power goes off, and then it comes back on and there's a distorted audio transmission coming through...and it's the recording we sent out with the Voyager space craft....and them BAM the door flies open and you see an alien silhouette standing there...... :eek:

Little Green Men

[YT]PYEpvHDbT4Y[/YT]\

Still one of my faves!

Has there ever been a case of aliens abducting anyone of notable intelligence (not GSP)? I'd be far more inclined to believe an astrophysicist from Princeton over Billy Bob the town drunk.

Exactly. And the Grays know this...

Reminds me of the amityville possession; A story to bilk gullible people into believing a yarn for the purposes gaining fame and fortune through sensational media coverage. Why would the aliens let him scamper around the ship, leave this harrowing memory, but block out everything else? I've done the analysis and it just doesn't add up.

When I was a kid, I feared all kindsa things.

Debbie Harry.

Tales From The Darkside reference? Nice, Mantis!

I wish I could tell you the karate stance lumberjack fought the good fight -a nd the grays left him be. I wish I could tell you that... but an alien spaceship ain't no fairytale land. He never said they probed him.
But we all knew.

Morgan Freeman reference. Also nice

Ya have to wonder how many people DON'T come forward with things like that, though. I mean, would you? I wouldn't. And I doubt many other intelligent people would, either. Intelligent people would realize how much that kind of attention would suck. Also intelligent people aren't as likely to need money from selling a story like this, as idiots would. Could explain why most alleged alien abductees that come forward seem like morons.

I'm just trying to look at things from all angles. Not saying I believe in alien abduction. But I'm open to the possibility. I'm also open to it being demons. Or sleep paralysis.

Reminds me of the amityville possession; A story to bilk gullible people into believing a yarn for the purposes gaining fame and fortune through sensational media coverage. Why would the aliens let him scamper around the ship, leave this harrowing memory, but block out everything else? I've done the analysis and it just doesn't add up.

But again, who would really want that kind of fame? I doubt that kind of attention would be very cool. You would have to REALLY need money to spin a story like that, and apparently these guys did. I also wonder if Robert Patrick or that Dallis guy tried to kill Travis and leave him out in the middle of nowhere to die. Only he didn't die, and remembers fucked up memories from possibly being drugged? Or from post traumatic disassociation? Who knows what really happened, man. But I do find it odd that in 40 years, none of them have come forward and confessed (neither have any of their friends/neighbors/etc) to this being a hoax. Think about that. These guys are fucking loggers in a small ass town. Surely they've occasionally had a few too many beers around other people and talked a lot, or done drugs and talked too much....but NOBODY has come forward and said they've heard any of these 5 people admit to this being a hoax. That's pretty crazy in and of itself.

Little Green Men

[YT]PYEpvHDbT4Y[/YT]\

Still one of my faves!

That's the one, thanks! The part where the audio recording from the Voyager spacecraft comes through to Mulder in the control room, but the recording is distorted and slowed way down....that shit was creepy. Good episode.

An impoverished hillbilly that lives way out in the sticks. It gets lonely out there.

I'm tellin ya man, I'm from a little town with the same population as where they lived, and the last thing you would want in a town like that is for everybody to think you're either a liar or crazy as fuck. He would be shunned by almost everybody. I wouldn't think getting a few thousand bucks for his story would be worth having to live like that for the rest of his life. He would have to be batshit crazy to want that. But who knows, maybe he actually was batshit crazy. We just don't know.

I've never seen this, about to watch it now. It's got a pretty good rating and good comments so I'm interested to see if it's any good. The real Travis Walton interview.

[YT]yDWfAU5fAww[/YT]

I'm tellin ya man, I'm from a little town with the same population as where they lived, and the last thing you would want in a town like that is for everybody to think you're either a liar or crazy as fuck. He would be shunned by almost everybody. I wouldn't think getting a few thousand bucks for his story would be worth having to live like that for the rest of his life. He would have to be batshit crazy to want that. But who knows, maybe he actually was batshit crazy. We just don't know.

Either way he gets a plus 1 for saying he got into a karate stance (elvis-like stance probably)

I've never seen this, about to watch it now. It's got a pretty good rating and good comments so I'm interested to see if it's any good. The real Travis Walton interview.

[YT]yDWfAU5fAww[/YT]

OK I just finished watching this speech. It's an interesting and entertaining talk. The 50 mins go by quickly. And it's compelling, to me, from a psychological standpoint....but I DON'T mean that in a good way.

My impression: he's COMPLETELY FULL OF SHIT. He doesn't believe a word of what he's saying. He strikes me as a pathological & downright shameless liar. I take back what I said a couple posts earlier about nobody wanting that kind of fame or attention....this motherfucker is an obvious attention seeker, and LOVES this attention. He also seems extremely petty, vindictive, and spiteful towards several people he's speaking about in this story.

Cliffs:

- He speaks somewhat more intelligently than I was expecting. He's not exactly an eloquent speaker, but he's better than I thought he'd be and the speech IS entertaining.

- He shamelessly promotes the hell out of his book, and says he is trying to get a remake of the Fire in the Sky movie made, to depict the alien events the way he says they actually occurred. This asshole even asks the audience to write the studio to let them know they want a remake made (yeah good luck with that).

- He's now come to believe that the alien craft was about to take off, and that's when the beam of light knocked him out, accidentally. He thinks it was like a circuit that his body grounded when he approached the disc, and the aliens took him aboard and put him on the medical table to help revive him. He says they were probably trying to help save his life.

- At first he speaks at length in great detail about the craft; how it looked; what the other loggers said when they saw it; what he was thinking upon seeing it; how it sounded; the beam that hit him; etc. That part was very interesting I'll give him that.

- After all this great detail, when he gets to the most interesting part (when he's fighting off the 3 grays from his karate stance) he then says he's running out of time, and fucking skips right through that segment as quickly as possible.

- THEN, after saying he's running out of time and blurs right through the part everybody really wants to hear....this motherfucker goes into great detail and length again, about some famous debunker who apparently pissed Travis off. He goes into personal attacks about the debunker, and even says through the Freedom of Information Act, he was able to dig up letters that the CIA sent to the FBI about whoever this debunker guy is, and he says that the guy was found mentally unfit for duty and says that is "PROOF" that the CIA is using the debunker guy as a government shill to discredit his story. (During this part of the speech Travis pegged out my bullshit detector so hard that it fucking broke).

- He says the youngest logger on the crew most certainly WAS crying and scared out of his mind when the crew got back to town and talked to the sheriff. Travis says "i'm not attacking his toughness or anything....but he was crying. Everybody saw him cry. He says he wasn't. But he was." He says the guy in later years denied crying and even came to Travis's house to fight him because Travis wrote in his book that the guy cried. Travis wants to make sure everybody knows this guy was most definitely crying. It's REAL important that people know that. (Travis comes across as a piece of shit during this part of the speech).

- He talks at length about the crew member crying. And that was AFTER Travis decided to skip right passed all the best parts about fighting the aliens off, due to time constraints.

Holy shit man I can't believe people like this actually exist. Travis strikes me as a total scumbag. This guy has a very used car salesman type of vibe to him.

Watching him tell this story, I have little doubt that the guy hoaxed all this solely to sell books and make a movie. And damn, I have NEVER seen somebody try to milk a story the way he is, for every single penny he can squeeze out of it. Just wow.

Last edited:
It's a tough one because as much as I think it is a hoax I have questions: To have this many guys in on it and no one ever broke. Considering they didnt all even like each other, that seems odd. It's 1975, and admitting this stuff where they lived was gonna make them the town freaks forever. These weren't smart men, could they devise this?

It's a tough one because as much as I think it is a hoax I have questions: To have this many guys in on it and no one ever broke. Considering they didnt all even like each other, that seems odd. It's 1975, and admitting this stuff where they lived was gonna make them the town freaks forever. These weren't smart men, could they devise this?

That's exactly what I was thinking, until I watched Travis Walton himself tell the story in the video a couple of posts above this one. Watch even a few mins of that and decide for yourself. Personally after seeing him tell his story, yeah I think he set it all up. I read in the wiki article that one investigator felt that Travis and his brother set up some kind of balloon with lights out there, and the other guys were not in on it.

Back