Fire in the Sky. Very interesting UFO mystery. What do you think really happened?

Sounds like a guy that regretted his first gay experience and wanted to make some excuse for it,.

Nothing was shoved up his ass. According to him, he ran off 3 gray aliens with his violent karate and started flying their UFO around. Not even joking. lol

I know, I'm just using the words the doctor used.

Believe me bro I'm on the skeptical side here, not the "it was aliens" side. I'm looking at the case as if I were one of the state investigators that was called in on it. And to me, that part of the case is more interesting than the alien stuff. It's fun trying to piece together what really happened. What was the motive? How did they do it? How many of the group were in on it? How did they beat the polygraphs? If the guy didn't eat for 5 days, why wasn't there a high level of ketones in his urine? (which happens when your body breaks down fat to survive). They said he did lose a lot of weight in 5 days, but most of us on sherdog know how easy it is to cut water weight quickly, so him losing a bunch of weight in 5 days doesn't impress me. But a lot of other things do impress me. Like the whole group passing polygraphs.

Yeah I've looked into the odd case over the years myself but each time I've ended up very disappointed with the hard evidence on offer and it's just made me more and more cynical and skeptical about any UFO story now.

Check out: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4094 - their telling of the polygraph tests don't make it sound very convincing to me: "The Enquirer engaged an examiner named McCarthy, who, unfortunately, described Travis and Duane's results as "the plainest case of lying he had seen in 20 years"

Nothing was shoved up his ass. According to him, he ran off 3 gray aliens with his violent karate and started flying their UFO around. Not even joking. lol

So Karate > MMA?

Who knew?

No more I trane UFC bro for me then, bro.

And yes. It does sound very legit.
I am sure he have some kind of proof to back it up with.
Not saying I dont believe him because... I do. He did mention Karate..
But any proof?

Yeah I've looked into the odd case over the years myself but each time I've ended up very disappointed with the hard evidence on offer and it's just made me more and more cynical and skeptical about any UFO story now.

Check out: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4094 - their telling of the polygraph tests don't make it sound very convincing to me: "The Enquirer engaged an examiner named McCarthy, who, unfortunately, described Travis and Duane's results as "the plainest case of lying he had seen in 20 years"

Yep. But what I read about the polygraphs, McCarthy also allegedly caught Travis trying to "hold his breath" in order to beat the machine. But iirc one of the sheriffs, a psychologist, and Walton, ALL accused Mccarthy of being aggitative towards Walton and using methods that were outdated by 30 years. That's what I'm saying about how every thing you can come up with to point you in a conclusive direction, has a counter argument that nulls everything out and puts you back at square one. And that one guy Dallis didn't even complete his test, which was deemed "inconclusive." Also Travis was on some game show in 2009 and they asked him if he was abducted by a UFO, and he flat out failed that one. BUT, the entire group has passed some of the tests at different points. I just want to know wtf really happened. I'm hoping one of them confesses one day or something.

Also, silly as it may sound, I want to believe. Not in THIS case necessarily. But I do want JUST ONE ufo story to be authentic. If just one out of all the thousands of these stories was true, it would be amazing. But the more I look into ufo stories, the more skeptical I become. But this case in particular is fun to try to piece together. Plus some of Walton's story gives me the willies. Like the humanoid people on the UFO with golden eyes, that didn't seem to understand his language and only smiled dully at him every time he said something....that's just creepy.

So Karate > MMA?

Who knew?

No more I trane UFC bro for me then, bro.

It was 1975 karate, bro. That's that Chuck Norris kind of karate, not the mcdojo kind. Aliens weren't ready for that. You will never hear about somebody like Mirko Crocop being taken. But GSP....they take him because he's not a hitter. GSP did develop a stiff ass jab, though. Probably to fend off the grays. That's why he broke Koscheck's orbital bone. Because Koscheck kinda looks like a gray and GSP freaked the fuck out, son.

Last edited:
Haha same here. This and that Christopher Walken movie Communion really fucked me up as a kid. And a few X Files episodes, too. Gray aliens were the Freddie Kreugers of the 90's.

Haha brilliant - I thought about Communion when I came into this thread - that film scared the crap out of me when I was little - the scene with the pumpkin head guy (or haunted house gag I can't remember) frightened me - I was only about 5 or 6. I tried rewatching it recently and lets just say it seemed very dated/not for me.

Also, when you mention X Files - the only one episode that scared me was the one about the doll that could cause people to harm/kill themselves whenever the little girl got angry - that episode was pretty messed up

Yep. But what I read about the polygraphs, McCarthy also allegedly caught Travis trying to "hold his breath" in order to beat the machine. And that one guy Dallis didn't even complete his test, which was deemed "inconclusive." Also Travis was on some game show in 2009 and they asked him if he was abducted by a UFO, and he flat out failed that one. BUT, the entire group has passed some of the tests at different points. I just want to know wtf really happened. I'm hoping one of them confesses one day or something.

Also, silly as it may sound, I want to believe. Not in THIS case necessarily. But I do want JUST ONE ufo story to be authentic. If just one out of all the thousands of these stories was true, it would be amazing. But the more I look into ufo stories, the more skeptical I become.

Polygraphs are unreliable which is why they are not admissible in court in most places. They don't detect lying, they detect apparent stress. They can be beaten by cheaters, psychopaths, good liars, convinced liars, the deluded etc. On their own the prove nothing. There are plenty of examples of false positives and negatives - google it.

Of all the stories out there this one rates about 1/10 for actual evidence. All we have is an uncorroborated story really.

At least in other examples the bullshit story gets merged with grainy photos, unreliable eye-witness testimonies, airforce bases and other confusing factors. This one just looks, sounds and smells like a simple case of lying for financial gain.

This scene scared the Hell out of me as a kid.

[YT]wsjhdoWKtXM[/YT]

Films aren't what they used to be - I miss the old creature effects (or as the kids nowadays say, guys in a fake looking suits) - now it's all CGI and it sucks.

I wish films were still like Alien/Predator/in the Mouth of Madness

It was 1975 karate, bro. That's that Chuck Norris kind of karate, not the mcdojo kind. Aliens weren't ready for that. You will never hear about somebody like Mirko Crocop being taken. But GSP....they take him because he's not a hitter. GSP did develop a stiff ass jab, though. Probably to fend off the grays. That's why he broke Koscheck's orbital bone. Because Koscheck kinda looks like a gray and GSP freaked the fuck out, son.

Seriously GSP should at least have managed a decision but not even that.
I think I am going to trane pre 1975 karate and get me a Chuck Norris beard no aliens will ever shove anything up my ass! Well if they dont wine and dine me first...

The alien sequence in the movie creeped me out as a child. The way they were silent figures made it even more frightening.

I watched the movie a couple years ago and just remember it being alright.

Seriously GSP should at least have managed a decision but not even that.
I think I am going to trane pre 1975 karate and get me a Chuck Norris beard no aliens will ever shove anything up my ass! Well if they dont wine and dine me first...

Aliens once tried to abduct Chuck Norris. That's why Mars is now a dead planet.:icon_twis

Haha brilliant - I thought about Communion when I came into this thread - that film scared the crap out of me when I was little - the scene with the pumpkin head guy (or haunted house gag I can't remember) frightened me - I was only about 5 or 6. I tried rewatching it recently and lets just say it seemed very dated/not for me.

Also, when you mention X Files - the only one episode that scared me was the one about the doll that could cause people to harm/kill themselves whenever the little girl got angry - that episode was pretty messed up

Lol yeah Communion, that scene where the alien peeks around the corner...fuck that shit! Nope nope nope! But my man Christopher Walken just says "yeah I see you" like an alpha. lmao

And that X Files episode you're talking about with the doll, I think that's the one Stephen King directed. A few of them scared me some. There was one where Mulder was at the Aricebo radio telescope or whatever down in South America, and there's a hurricane raging outside, it's night and he's alone in the control room, the power goes off, and then it comes back on and there's a distorted audio transmission coming through...and it's the recording we sent out with the Voyager space craft....and them BAM the door flies open and you see an alien silhouette standing there...... :eek:

At least in other examples the bullshit story gets merged with grainy photos, unreliable eye-witness testimonies, airforce bases and other confusing factors. This one just looks, sounds and smells like a simple case of lying for financial gain.

No there's more to it than that, to be fair. Off the top of my head, one of the investigators that interviewed the guys before Walton reappeared said that if those guys were acting, it's the best acting he's ever seen. I mean, there is something appealing to this story on a few different levels. That's why there was a movie made about it. But I do think you're right that it is most likely just a hoax for financial gain.

The alien sequence in the movie creeped me out as a child. The way they were silent figures made it even more frightening.

I watched the movie a couple years ago and just remember it being alright.

Yeah trust me, the aliens are still creepy. I believe they were puppets or something. Definitely better than CGI.

And seeing the movie now as an adult, the mystery and investigation parts are way more interesting than the alien part. They made sure to allude to several possibilities. Robert Patrick tells Travis that he's a dreamer...hinting that he is fantasy prone personality. Travis is marrying Robert Patrick's sister, and it's unclear if Robert Patrick is cool with that or not (possible motive for murder). They made sure to include that the Dallis guy and Travis hated each other. They made sure to include that Robert Patrick wasn't gonna finish his contract with the forestry service on time...and with Travis going missing...he has an excuse to not finish (another possible motive to hoax this). They also mentioned that newspapers would pay well for a story like that, and that Robert Patrick was behind on mortgage payments. The investigation part of the movie is underrated.

you sound like a racist.

Are you a racist?

You better come clean and tell me.

grays come here. like 30 of 'em piled up in one little saucer. take our jobs. don't even speak our language.

probably will be given the right to vote too

hqdefault.jpg

^ when u see it..... :)

Last edited:
grays come here. like 30 of 'em piled up in one little saucer. take our jobs. don't even speak our language.

Dude come on! They are just trying to make a better life for them self!
Just because they some times probe peoples asses dont mean we should not give them a chance.
And we need them to take the jobs no one else want to take!

Dude come on! They are just trying to make a better life for them self!
Just because they some times probe peoples asses dont mean we should not give them a chance.
And we need them to take the jobs no one else want to take!

I guess they would make good proctologists.

Back