Fire in the Sky. Very interesting UFO mystery. What do you think really happened?

Lol yeah Communion, that scene where the alien peeks around the corner...fuck that shit! Nope nope nope! But my man Christopher Walken just says "yeah I see you" like an alpha. lmao

And that X Files episode you're talking about with the doll, I think that's the one Stephen King directed. A few of them scared me some. There was one where Mulder was at the Aricebo radio telescope or whatever down in South America, and there's a hurricane raging outside, it's night and he's alone in the control room, the power goes off, and then it comes back on and there's a distorted audio transmission coming through...and it's the recording we sent out with the Voyager space craft....and them BAM the door flies open and you see an alien silhouette standing there...... :eek:

Apparently Walken was a ballet dancer in his teens - proof to show he just doesn't give a fuck - he's the Andrei Arlovski of hollywood

I know Stephen King has done some things out of writing - I believe he's doing screen plays for the next Walking Dead season or it's something similar. Looking back at it, the episode definitely had a different feel to it than the usual

Apparently Walken was a ballet dancer in his teens - proof to show he just doesn't give a fuck - he's the Andrei Arlovski of hollywood

I know Stephen King has done some things out of writing - I believe he's doing screen plays for the next Walking Dead season or it's something similar. Looking back at it, the episode definitely had a different feel to it than the usual

Walken's the man. And he's got a fever. And the only prescription is....moar cowbell

Yeah that episode was very different for them. Couldn't put my finger on exactly why, either. Been years since I saw it though. I really hope this upcoming X Files reboot is not gonna suck. Would be great to have that show back.

Knowing that the doctors of Earth could not cure the human brain from lacking intelligence, they obviously wanted to help in there own way maybe next time they should ask first. :icon_chee

Knowing that the doctors of Earth could not cure the human brain from lacking intelligence, they obviously wanted to help in there own way maybe next time they should ask first. :icon_chee

And some one should tell them we dont sit on our brain so stop probing peoples butts all the time!

A lot of hilarious, genius comedians in here.

And some one should tell them we dont sit on our brain so stop probing peoples butts all the time!

Idk man I've met people with their heads so far up their butts when they sit down too hard they get a headache :eek:

Hey I just pulled another proctology joke out of my butt

Idk man I've met people with their heads so far up their butts when they sit down too hard they get a headache :eek:

Hey I just pulled another proctology joke out of my butt

And somehow they all seems to post on Sherdog

Long op about a small hoax. Remember 'Blood Sport' and a million other 'based on true stories?' Yeah, they don't have to make 'based on true stories' anymore real than complete fiction. Literally.

It's probably a hoax. Give credit where credit's due though. It's a damn good hoax.

As for the movie, it's rather forgettable. Except for the scene in the spaceship, which is one of the best "alien encounter" sequences ever put to film.

Won't believe until there is a Close Encounter of the 7th Kind

Long op about a small hoax. Remember 'Blood Sport' and a million other 'based on true stories?' Yeah, they don't have to make 'based on true stories' anymore real than complete fiction. Literally.

Oh I agree. That's like Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. I love that movie to this day, but it's complete horse shit.

It's probably a hoax. Give credit where credit's due though. It's a damn good hoax.

Yep. But I was thinking about it realistically. These guys lived in a town that had about 5000 people in it. I'm from a town that same size, and I understand that in a place that small, everybody knows everybody, and people in a lil town like that LOVE to gossip. That's just how it goes. Now, would you or anybody else, in real life, want to be known as the guy who got abducted by fucking aliens? That is what that guy will be known for until his dying breath. That is the 1st thing people are gonna think of when they think of Travis Walton. Would anybody really want that? Would it be worth whatever few thousand dollars they got out of this? In reality, that would suck ass to be Travis Walton. People would either think you're a liar, or you're crazy as a loon. Doesn't seem like the reality of it would be worth the story, imo.

As for the movie, it's rather forgettable. Except for the scene in the spaceship, which is one of the best "alien encounter" sequences ever put to film.

Yup. Best gray alien sequence I can think of, hands down. Close Encounters of the Third Kind had a great gray alien sequence too. Scared the shit out of me as a kid. But that one wasn't as messed up as the one in FITS.

Last edited:
What I think of most when I think about "Fire in the Sky" is

A.) I miss the days when urban legends and myth could be more persuasive because there wasn't a mechanism (the internet) to debunk things so easily

B.)I kept thinking, "Don't worry, your friend is the T1000! Everything will be fine!"

This scene scared the Hell out of me as a kid.

[YT]wsjhdoWKtXM[/YT]

Shit was so fucking freaky. I used to get scared even seeing the tv spots advertising the movie on PPV.

Occam's Razor is useful here. What's the more likely explanation here; alien life forms travelled billions of light years to abduct some yokel and shove stuff up his ass or this dude got bored with his shitty life and made up a good story that got him some money, some fame and some pussy?

Haha. I love Occam's Razor.

Well said.

hoax

movie fucked me up as a kid though ahahah

When I was a kid, alien abduction shit was one of my top fears - and that was back when there were all kinds of paranormal TV shows.

Occam's Razor is useful here. What's the more likely explanation here; alien life forms travelled billions of light years to abduct some yokel and shove stuff up his ass or this dude got bored with his shitty life and made up a good story that got him some money, some fame and some pussy?

Ah, but you leave out some other reasonable possibilities... aliens with human anal fetishes, regular demons (they naturally have butt fetishes), or illuminati members practicing their slave training (via probe insertion).

Back