Opinion Firas Zahabi - "In my opinion, Islam is the only religion with 0 racism"

I've lived and worked in Kuwait, Dubai, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

Known lots of muslims.

Some of them once they get comfortable with you were as racist as an Alabama redneck with a belly full of moonshine toward black people. Sometimes I've heard racist verbal abuse toward my fellow Americans in those countries like I wasn't going to get upset about it.

As far as Islam itself it is arab-centric. Encouraging it's converts to learn arabic and worship toward arab lands. Just because it accepts converts easier than the jewish texts it's largely plagiarized from doesn't mean it isn't ethnocentric like Judaism is.

Last edited:
I've lived and worked in Kuwait, Dubai, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

Known lots of muslims.

Some of them once they get comfortable with you were as racist as an Alabama redneck with a belly full of moonshine toward black people. Sometimes I've heard racist verbal abuse toward my fellow Americans in those countries like I wasn't going to get upset about it.

As far as Islam itself it is arab-centric. Encouraging it's converts to learn arabic and worship toward arab lands. Just because it accepts converts easier than the jewish texts it's largely plagiarized from doesn't mean it isn't ethnocentric like Judaism is.
Let's also not forget the fact that Arabs enslaved blacks and castrated them so they couldn't reproduce. Even if Islam isn't racist, it CERTAINLY doesn't mean that it's followers aren't. It's the same argument that's used for communism 'real communism has never been tried', as if it's only 'accidental' that any country that has some form of communism is a shithole.

Let's also not forget the fact that Arabs enslaved blacks and castrated them so they couldn't reproduce. Even if Islam isn't racist, it CERTAINLY doesn't mean that it's followers aren't. It's the same argument that's used for communism 'real communism has never been tried', as if it's only 'accidental' that any country that has some form of communism is a shithole.

Not only that but Islamic-African slave markets continued to flourish until literally a few decades ago in places like Saudi Arabia. And there are reports of slave auctions as recently as a few years ago in post-Ghadaffi Libya. For sure they are known to treat Indian, Pakistani, and Bangladeshi foreign laborers very poorly.

There is no historical moratorium on slavery in either Islam or Judiaism. I wouldn't be shocked if the rules were even the same in their religious texts only in Judaism the rules for who can be enslaved for payment of debt and other reasons and how long is for Jews/non-Jews and for muslims it's Muslim/infidel.

There was an enormous amount of slavery under Islam. They weren't allowed to cast fellow Muslims into slavery, so they had to import them. There are old texts with the prices, the black ones were the cheapest because they were more easily available. White women kidnapped in raids in the Caucasus were very expensive. They castrated the male slaves so they wouldn't reproduce. The female ones were used as sex slaves in harems, and even ordinary families could afford them and they were used for chores and sex by the man of the house. The Muslim wife couldn't object to her husband's use of sex slaves nor do anything to stop it. So even though they imported a ton, the castration means a lot of those bloodlines just died and don't exist today. Half-Arab and half-black children of black female slaves were discriminated against by other Arabs for their "grotesque" appearance. I don't recall the name, but there was a half-black Muslim author from the middle-ages who wrote about his mixed feelings about his skin colour, wondering why Allah made him this way, etc.
But the guy in OP's video is technically right in that Islam discriminates against infidels - not necessarily against skin colour. However Arab culture is very racist and has always been, it's mostly cultural.

Timestamped:

Really insane how such an intelligent and well-read man forces himself to believe into absolute and self-evident falsehoods in the name of the faith that he was born to.

I have respect for Islam but a simple google search can immediately uncover racist passages in the Quran.

It's possible to put those passages into context, to treat them as unimportant in relation to other passages that say opposite things, or have a moderate/modern interpretation of the religion that puts the book in line with 21st century values.... but to say what Zahabi has said here is pathological delusion?

He's also implying here that other religions have traces of racism, since Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism all predate it.

This guy is either willfully ignorant or a craven liar.

I used to think that too until I started learning about the Monsoon Marketplace in the Indian Ocean. You don't hear a lot about it in the West but it was a very important and stable trade route that connected Africa and Asia. The thing about Muhammad was he came from traders in a place that was the center of that global marketplace. It didn't take a war to spread it to Southeast Asia and China as well as many parts of Africa. It made sense for traders to adopt the religion of the most important area in their trade routes.

Lol one city vs all of the middle East

What he said is true, regardless of anyone following it or not, those are the teachings
Yeah all religions have a few good teachings and quotes to cover up the darkside of the bullshit they spew....its how they recruit dumbasses.

I lived in Egypt for a few years. Egyptians consider themselves Arabs and hate the Africans.

If you disagree with something, provide your evidence. If you don't have any, then stop talking crap.
You seriously want me to present evidence that religions are a sham and are nothing more than lies pushed as the greater good to control people? When in fact religions have in turn been responsible for just about every major way to ever take place?

Here is your evidence that destroys Islam, Catholicism, Hinduism...Judaism...etc....its called SCIENCE!! There has not been one single thread of evidence that anything any of the religions teach about celestial beings looking over us...actually or ever existed...sorry but religion is nothing more than an avenue to control mindless fucks.

Yeah...I honestly do not think science and militant go in the same sentence....science crushes the oppression of religion..

Science certainly crushes people with deadly new weapons, eugenics, drugs, dangerous technology, pollution, environmental destruction and so on. Only a fool believes science can only be used for good. Plenty of evil can be achieved in the name of science.

This is why trump will win in 2020. MAGA queers, really? Then use the term nazi rhetoric. You seem confused in who you are trying to be.

I’m trolling.

Both sides can equally kiss my ass. And I fully expect trump to win.

How so?

Instead of killing and subjugating blacks, they kill and subjugate women and gays.

Their motivation isn't through race but sexism and homophobia.

And before ya come at me with "but I met a nice Muslim once...". This is opinion is based off of the many Islamic nation's they create and sustain. So I dare suggest that your "nice Muslim friend" isn't an accurate representation of the ideology.

I don’t think you know what the Nation of Islam is

You seriously want me to present evidence that religions are a sham and are nothing more than lies pushed as the greater good to control people? When in fact religions have in turn been responsible for just about every major way to ever take place?

Here is your evidence that destroys Islam, Catholicism, Hinduism...Judaism...etc....its called SCIENCE!! There has not been one single thread of evidence that anything any of the religions teach about celestial beings looking over us...actually or ever existed...sorry but religion is nothing more than an avenue to control mindless fucks.

Was that a typo - did you mean religion is responsible for just about every major war to take place? You can’t be serious.

Wrong. Real Egyptians consider themselves Coptics and hate being mislabeled as Arabs.

Lol I know many coptics and they are good people. But sadly they are a minority.

Some that I am friends with where able to apply for refugee status and moved here in the states.

Wrong. Real Egyptians consider themselves Coptics and hate being mislabeled as Arabs.

Being Arab has no association with being Coptic . Coptic Christian Egyptians politically speaking are Arabic. Geographically they are African.

My grandparents are Greek Orthodox Lebanese who very strongly embraced their Arabic culture when they moved to USA. Christian Arabic’s are very proud people - in places that don’t execute you for being Christian lol.

Last edited:
Back