Opinion Firas Zahabi - "In my opinion, Islam is the only religion with 0 racism"

Timestamped:

Really insane how such an intelligent and well-read man forces himself to believe into absolute and self-evident falsehoods in the name of the faith that he was born to.

I have respect for Islam but a simple google search can immediately uncover racist passages in the Quran.

It's possible to put those passages into context, to treat them as unimportant in relation to other passages that say opposite things, or have a moderate/modern interpretation of the religion that puts the book in line with 21st century values.... but to say what Zahabi has said here is pathological delusion?

He's also implying here that other religions have traces of racism, since Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism all predate it.

Haven’t read the whole thread yet but what are these racist verses in the Quran? I’d be interested to see what you come up without twisting the actual verse or ignoring the exegisis which is what Muslims use to understand the Quran

Explosive words from Firas

This clown is using the nation of Islam as an example lmao. They're basically like a black version of the KKK

Off topic: I’m no fan of the nation of Islam but comparing them to the kkk is laughable

Not even one? I'm impressed. Not sure why Europe is complaining about the free inevitable religious upgrade

I don't know the passages, I'd be interested in seeing them, I don't doubt their existence. But to be fair Islam was a very open religion that spread across the world through traders, it's big appeal was it didn't matter who you were or where you were born, it unified everyone under one god.
Islam was spread through conquest.

Everyone is human regardless of what creation myth they adhere to, therefore there will be some racism.

Such blanket statements are meaningless. Islam is what its followers are. You have one camp that says that Islam equals terrorism and one camp that says Islam is a religion of peace.

So when Muslims in e.g. West Africa slaughters Christians, they can find surahs that justify such atrocities. At the same time, when Muslims in Egypt create human chains around churches to protect Christians, they find surahs that justify such brotherhood and compassion for people of the Book. In the first example, such terrorists are seen as true Muslims by some, while some other will claim that they are not true Muslims.

Which goes to show that blanket statements about Islam is pretty useless. Muslims interpret the al-Qur'an through a lens of context offered by their level of education, level of religious fervour, origin, experiences, location, social tensions etc.

This is why we don't look to boxing gyms for thought leaders.

lol at expecting something intelligent coming from a gym rat.

War Room is that Wray——->

Buddhism certainly also is not racist. Nor is Taoism. Nor are Christianity or Hinduism (at least in theory).

Come to think of it, I struggle to think of a religion where race
IS a major factor outside of, like, prison Odinism.

I guess you could say Judaism is racist in that they believe they are a “chosen people”, but shit, they let Sammy Davis Jr. in...

Not to mention, the in migration to Israel of the Ethiopian Jews. I don't think there's racism in any major religion (except maybe early Mormonism). I'm not going to bother to listen to Firas, but I imagine he has confused ethnocentrism with racism - as many do. I'd argue that ethnocentrism is the basis of all religious groups.

Off topic: I’m no fan of the nation of Islam but comparing them to the kkk is laughable
How so?

Instead of killing and subjugating blacks, they kill and subjugate women and gays.

Their motivation isn't through race but sexism and homophobia.

And before ya come at me with "but I met a nice Muslim once...". This is opinion is based off of the many Islamic nation's they create and sustain. So I dare suggest that your "nice Muslim friend" isn't an accurate representation of the ideology.

That's nonsense. What made China, Indonesia, or Mali any more primitive than Europe at that time? And of course it's similar to Christianity. The difference is Islam makes the world revolve around their god, while Christianity revolves it around the people. Races have no real meaning, only thing that matters is what you believe. Meanwhile Christian philosophy has shaped the Western world around the idea of individualism and that can sometimes be molded in to racist forms, but it also has fostered secularism which has allowed for more freedom.
China? How many Chinese adopted Islam? Mali was at the stone age around the 7th century. Indonesia had somewhat advanced Hindu-Buddhist polities and stone age tribes. They evolved quickly after entering in contact with the Arab traders. Although it's more complex in that case.
Mainstream (Nicene) Christianity itself cannot be racist, of course there are some Christian Identity bullshit and Christians can be racist just like Arab slave traders who called all the blacks Kafirs and enslaved them.
Medieval Christianity had nothing to do with the people, it was a brutal theocratic regime.

"A white person has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over white except by piety and good action"

Prophet Mohammed
Not exactly a better translation would be "A Arab has no superiority over a Non-Arab, nor does a black have any superiority over white except by piety and good action". I don't speak Arabic but that is my understanding as a Muslim.

Did you mean the reverse? Because all those religions predate Islam. In fact Islam is a bad copy and paste of Judaism. If he's actually saying Judaism/Christianity have traces of Islam that's just false as they predate Islam but this would be the argument you'd expect from a Muslim.

Arabs, who are notorious for their racism against blacks, are overwhelmingly Muslim. You can also say this for Pakis.
Only in the Arab world are Africans sold in markets as slaves like 500 years ago.
Pakistanis are notorious for their racism againest Blacks? You are pulling shit out of your ass, the majority of Pakistanis are indifferent in their feelings to Blacks.

This thread will be here what 10 more mins before the MAGA queers take it over with their nazi rhetoric

This is why trump will win in 2020. MAGA queers, really? Then use the term nazi rhetoric. You seem confused in who you are trying to be.

This is why we don't look to boxing gyms for thought leaders.

If only America would realize that just because "celebrity's" and people on TV have a platform...it doesnt make them more intelligent than everyone else

This is why trump will win in 2020. MAGA queers, really? Then use the term nazi rhetoric. You seem confused in who you are trying to be.
If only America would realize that just because "celebrity's" and people on TV have a platform...it doesnt make them more intelligent than everyone else
Life is a banquet of irony.

Om nom nom

Well I met plenty of North Africans n west n south Asians n a lot of them are prejudice against ss Africans n blacks in general.

A lot of them also see white women as whores

So don’t if it’s Islam or its just happens to be a coincidence n they share similar cultural/regional views
Do you know what else those countries have in common other than Islam? Most of them were colonized by the British or other European countries.

Back