Opinion Firas Zahabi - "In my opinion, Islam is the only religion with 0 racism"

Another person fooled into thinking Firas is intelligent

A simple listen to one of his podcasts will reveal otherwise

Don't they have no racism cause they just kill everyone they don't like? :p

Judaism is definitely based in race. Not that they portrayed themselves as the best, the Old Testament is basically the Jews fucking up at every turn only to be forgiven. It's a testament to God's love more so than a statement that they are inherently superior. That said, tribal politics and identity were massively important.

Christians adopted this a bit, but the New Testament sort of releases the racial/tribal element. But then you have crusaders killing Christian Middle Easterners because they were brown and not the right kind of Christian. Now you have Evangelicals that have used religion to justify their racism.
No. That mostly didn't happen and it didn't happen dud to race. There were complicated relations between the crusaders and the Rhomans. Both if whom didn't trust the other fully. Which is why the crusaders didn't integrate the orthodox into their armies.
They did intermarry quite a bit and there are no written documents describing hatred for them due to skin color. That is a false way at looking at it

Well of course

After all, it is the religion of peace.

The exact video I thought of when I seen the OP

However TS ignored it and shot it down by referencing a “final sermon”

Is there some New Testament/Old Testament crap going on in islam now?!

How about just shit can the whole thing, because if you are a follower you are supposed to follow mohammed’s teaching to the letter, not pick and choose the Hadiths say so

I'm looking into his quote to verify it's authenticity. Even if it turns out to be legitimate I think it's also irrelevant. He could try to base the "islam as promoter of racial equality" argument on an abrogation angle, but the quote itself is still arguing for islamic supremacy. Which means the violent subjugation of everyone who is not a muslim.

mohammed was a conman and a mentally ill, possibly demon possessed, desert warlord. Just because he argued for some kind of equality within the context of islamic supremacy in one speech doesn't mean much unless you are a muslim or defender of islam. At the end of the day it's still submit or die.

In the end I think islam is toxic bullshit. If this quote is real at best it's something that is only documented in a collection that was created hundreds of years after he allegedly lived, and even if mohammed actually said it I'm not sure it rises to the level of revelation (not that I believe anything he said was actual revelation).

No. That mostly didn't happen and it didn't happen dud to race. There were complicated relations between the crusaders and the Rhomans. Both if whom didn't trust the other fully. Which is why the crusaders didn't integrate the orthodox into their armies.
They did intermarry quite a bit and there are no written documents describing hatred for them due to skin color. That is a false way at looking at it
I'll give you that. I personally think race played an element but I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

I'm looking into his quote to verify it's authenticity. Even if it turns out to be legitimate I think it's also irrelevant. He could try to base the "islam as promoter of racial equality" argument on an abrogation angle, but the quote itself is still arguing for islamic supremacy. Which means the violent subjugation of everyone who is not a muslim.

mohammed was a conman and a mentally ill, possibly demon possessed, desert warlord. Just because he argued for some kind of equality within the context of islamic supremacy in one speech doesn't mean much unless you are a muslim or defender of islam. At the end of the day it's still submit or die.

In the end I think islam is toxic bullshit. If this quote is real at best it's something that is only documented in a collection that was created hundreds of years after he allegedly lived, and even if mohammed actually said it I'm not sure it rises to the level of revelation (not that I believe anything he said was actual revelation).
Muslim isn't a race though. You're thinking of Arab.

I'll give you that. I personally think race played an element but I'll give the benefit of the doubt.
No. No it didn't. Religion and in that era, religious affiliation were major aspects of people's identities.
Race based supremacy was really a post exploration idea. The Europeans were cut off and when they went places they wrecked everyone. They put one and one together and decided that it was due to whiteness. As those papist Iberians weren't Christian afterall.
This was after Europe was basically cut off from the world from the 1000s til 1492

I ain't touching this but I think we all know what's what...

It's the difference in a theocratic and secular society. A secular society gives us the freedom to have different beliefs, but is going to see people take paths that are less than righteous. I'll take that over a theocracy, point me to any theocracy that isn't an oppressive mess.

I completely agree with freedom of choice and free-will. My issue is with the lack of intensity and conviction in many of the people who claim they are Christian.

Meh I could care less, IMO religion should be outlawed...we are not stupid peasants anymore and we do not need fairy tales to control us. The fact that people are allowed to be militant about a religious belief that has no fucking factual evidence to support it is insane.

Fuck religion.
<Gordonhat>

I completely agree with freedom of choice and free-will. My issue is with the lack of intensity and conviction in many of the people who claim they are Christian.

That is kind of by design.

"Turn the other cheek."

Muhammed's philosophy was to cut open their throats.

He was a man of peace, but only after he had slaughtered a bunch, and seized their territories and valuables, taking the women and children as slaves.

The Church Of Sherdogology is the only true religion with no Hacism

Timestamped:

Really insane how such an intelligent and well-read man forces himself to believe into absolute and self-evident falsehoods in the name of the faith that he was born to.

I have respect for Islam but a simple google search can immediately uncover racist passages in the Quran.

It's possible to put those passages into context, to treat them as unimportant in relation to other passages that say opposite things, or have a moderate/modern interpretation of the religion that puts the book in line with 21st century values.... but to say what Zahabi has said here is pathological delusion?

He's also implying here that other religions have traces of racism, since Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism all predate it.

<{ByeHomer}>

Well I met plenty of North Africans n west n south Asians n a lot of them are prejudice against ss Africans n blacks in general.

A lot of them also see white women as whores

So don’t if it’s Islam or its just happens to be a coincidence n they share similar cultural/regional views

Look just because mohammed subjugated blacks, owned slaves, conquered pagans and commondeered their rituals does NOT make islam or muhammed racist, suppremest or anything of the like, and just because the hadiths describe him as being EXCEPTIONALLY white doesn’t make him white, privileged or racist either

So stop White washing Islam with your bigotry and basic reading of the hadiths, if you squint reaaally hard muhammed is black and not racist

I don't know the passages, I'd be interested in seeing them, I don't doubt their existence. But to be fair Islam was a very open religion that spread across the world through traders, it's big appeal was it didn't matter who you were or where you were born, it unified everyone under one god.

...Or killed them.

@TheLastEmperorReurns "I have respect for Islam but a simple google search can immediately uncover racist passages in the Quran." Yeah it's a quick google. Islam still gets a horrible stigma in the U.S. but plenty of people are narrow minded people and certain U.S. media outlets have been pulling BS for years.

Back