Finland's millennial PM says Nordic countries do a better job of embodying the American dream

She's cute.

As for her opinion on who does what in regards to the American Dream...

<YeahOKJen>

Ease to do when 90 to 95% of your population is homogeneous and have being following the same costumes,learnings,education for 100 generations,almost everybody have the same background and your economy is not heavy dependent on exports.

The setback you get from that is a tiny industry,bored population,slackers can live decades at cost of government,(high number of suicides)and low number of new borns.

btw talking about fertility rates and guys

67 procent out of 30 year old men have no kids and 44 procent out of 35 year olds

and its still going up

was on news , holeeee shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Finland

A mostly homogenized nation with roughly 5 1/2 million people. IMO there's a lot more wiggle room and less variables involved. It's a good model, though. Not sure if it's applicable for the United States. That'd be an interesting experiment. ;)

the US spits out almost 4 million babies a year and is 29 times bigger than finland. The US is a melting pot of cultures, whereas finland is a melting pot of white snow

Finland would shit it's pants and run home crying to mommy at first direct sight of the American dream so it should shut its mouth and stay in its lane imo

She's right, as long as your dreams are extreeemely modest and don't include having take home pay higher than 40k. US has 3x the number of millionaires as Finland does entire population.
How do our outsourcing of jobs compare?

She is just stating a fact! Scandivinia is superior to the rest of the world.. Easy paced lifestyle, wealth, no poverty, Zero homelessness, free school-univeristy, free health care. If you don't have work the gov't will provide you with monthly salary without doing anything just sitting home

She is just stating a fact! Scandivinia is superior to the rest of the world.. Easy paced lifestyle, wealth, no poverty, Zero homelessness, free school-univeristy, free health care. If you don't have work the gov't will provide you with monthly salary without doing anything just sitting home
Where do you come up with this stuff?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Finland

A mostly homogenized nation with roughly 5 1/2 million people. IMO there's a lot more wiggle room and less variables involved. It's a good model, though. Not sure if it's applicable for the United States. That'd be an interesting experiment. ;)

holy shit, i didn't realize finland's population was that small.

that's smaller than the metro area of my CITY.

holy shit, i didn't realize finland's population was that small.

that's smaller than the metro area of my CITY.
Yeah. It's hard to compare different countries because of the population, size, cultural, demographic, etc. differences. Canada has roughly the same amount of people as California.

I never understand the 'low birthrate' argument.

Their population will decline for a while, then even out, then increase for a while, then even out, then decrease for a while...

Sounds like a healthy population cycle for a country.

Where did this idea that you need constant growth come from other than greedy politicians?

Last edited:
You can buy a 2000 square foot, 3 bedroom house in Finland for like $90K CDN. So like a third/quarter of where I live. God dammit.

Ah the old American dream of collecting a salary for sitting at home on your ass doing nothing?
<{walkerwhut}>

I know that's the leftist dream, since that seems to what all of their complaints seem to revolve around, but the American dream is rags to riches.

I never understand the 'low birthrate' argument.

Their population will decline for a while, them even out, then increase for a while, them even out, then decrease for a while...

Sounds like a healthy population cycle for a country.

Where did this idea that you need constant growth come from other than greedy politicians?
Well, they're looking ahead into the future. If a good chunk of the population is older, then that means less workers to boost the economy and more welfare at the same time. It's why China, even with their insane population and crazy family planning laws over the years, realized that they needed a younger workforce/more than a one child policy or else they would face the same situation.

Well, they're looking ahead into the future. If a good chunk of the population is older, then that means less workers to boost the economy and more welfare at the same time. It's why China, even with their insane population and crazy family planning laws over the years, realized that they needed a younger workforce/more than a one child policy or else they would face the same situation.

Finland has assisted suicide. Old people who are a drain on services tend to check out more frequently.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/524563/finland-total-number-of-suicides-by-age/

Also, you need less money in general when you can buy a god damned house for $100K. That's all most of us are working for.

apparently letting the government steal your money, brainwash your kids to become feminazis and beta-cucks and let hordes of rapists and murders in the country is a better version of the American dream.
1ahecz.jpg

liked for the el oh el

Back