PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Tbh you’re at a point where a lot of people start getting burned out. I straight up skipped most of Gongaga and Cosmo side quests in order to progress the story. Finished them later whenever I felt like it.

Also, you won’t be able to finish the Protorelic quest until chapter 12/13 I believe.
Yeah seeing a lot of people say this online lately. I might honestly not even bother with the third game at this point. I think I’ve come to the realization that this trilogy just ain’t for me. It’s simply way too bloated and when you’re an adult with less time you just want to have each gaming session be enjoyable. Way way too much reliance on Chadley, didn’t feel like I was exploring but instead just running from objective to objective. Elden ring and other games spoiled me. If they can’t at least make it explorable then just go back to linear like remake which I did like. But what’s making it harder to come back to it is getting spoiled and seeing that the ending is everything that I feared. Should have been two games and removed all the stupid multiverse stuff. Sorry for the negativity, just surprisingly disappointed from a long time ff7 fan.

Oh wow Rebirth must have sold terribly. No announcements on sales and now SE just announced they are dumping PlayStation exclusivity. Personally I have zero faith in SE making a game that can run on all 3 major consoles and PC when they have so many optimization issues on one console.
It's sold around 2 million worldwide so far. Remake sold 3.5 million its opening weekend. But obviously there are still WAY more PS4 than PS5 owners.

Oh wow Rebirth must have sold terribly. No announcements on sales and now SE just announced they are dumping PlayStation exclusivity. Personally I have zero faith in SE making a game that can run on all 3 major consoles and PC when they have so many optimization issues on one console.
Their problems go far beyond Rebirth.

Their problems go far beyond Rebirth.
True but the timing of this suggests it’s part of the issue or else they wouldn’t have decided to make this statement. Plus they recently made another statement that they will no longer work on most smaller projects so this is 100 percent the case of FF going multiplatform. Something tells me they’ll be disappointed when they find out the majority of people into this franchise already own a PlayStation console. SE always seems to have ridiculous expectations. Xbox won’t certainly sell much and I’m sure they’ll be a mess on the switch unless they scale back budget and graphics. So basically it comes down to them thinking pc sales make up for Sony exclusivity. We’ll see

True but the timing of this suggests it’s part of the issue or else they wouldn’t have decided to make this statement. Plus they recently made another statement that they will no longer work on most smaller projects so this is 100 percent the case of FF going multiplatform. Something tells me they’ll be disappointed when they find out the majority of people into this franchise already own a PlayStation console. SE always seems to have ridiculous expectations. Xbox won’t certainly sell much and I’m sure they’ll be a mess on the switch unless they scale back budget and graphics. So basically it comes down to them thinking pc sales make up for Sony exclusivity. We’ll see

From what I remember the new CEO already said he wanted to get away from the exclusives before so it's not really new. He was saying this before Rebirth even came out. On top of that it's not just FF games that are not multiplat. Triangle strategy only came out for PC and Switch. Ocotopath Traveler has some weird exclusive issues as well. They are all over the place with their exclusive setup and I think the new CEO is just done with all of it.

With that said I wonder if it will be any better? I don't know how much Sony was paying but they were paying something and is going multiplat going to make up for the money Sony handed over? On top of having your teams build for 3 systems at a time now. I guess we will find out. My guess is the old CEO was doing these deals because they were beneficial to SE but maybe I'm wrong.

What makes you sure it won't sell much on Xbox? I for one will get it when it arrives to Xbox.
Surely they have put over 30 FF games onto Xbox already for a reason.

What makes you sure it won't sell much on Xbox? I for one will get it when it arrives to Xbox.
Surely they have put over 30 FF games onto Xbox already for a reason.
They don’t buy games on there because of Game Pass. Look at the numbers coming out of various studios. Just a day or two ago Bandai Namco released numbers on Tekken 8 sales. 55 percent was PC and then 37 percent was PS5. About 7.8 percent went to Xbox. Consider the cost of development as well and most studios are figuring out that it ain’t worth the trouble.

From what I remember the new CEO already said he wanted to get away from the exclusives before so it's not really new. He was saying this before Rebirth even came out. On top of that it's not just FF games that are not multiplat. Triangle strategy only came out for PC and Switch. Ocotopath Traveler has some weird exclusive issues as well. They are all over the place with their exclusive setup and I think the new CEO is just done with all of it.

With that said I wonder if it will be any better? I don't know how much Sony was paying but they were paying something and is going multiplat going to make up for the money Sony handed over? On top of having your teams build for 3 systems at a time now. I guess we will find out. My guess is the old CEO was doing these deals because they were beneficial to SE but maybe I'm wrong.
Yeah it’s weird. Nintendo also has a bunch of exclusives so maybe we’ll get them. Anyway seems the industry is headed this way. Nintendo may very well be the last console to have true exclusives going forward

Yeah it’s weird. Nintendo also has a bunch of exclusives so maybe we’ll get them. Anyway seems the industry is headed this way. Nintendo may very well be the last console to have true exclusives going forward

I agree I think Nintendo will be the last one standing as far as real exclusives go.

Yeah seeing a lot of people say this online lately. I might honestly not even bother with the third game at this point. I think I’ve come to the realization that this trilogy just ain’t for me. It’s simply way too bloated and when you’re an adult with less time you just want to have each gaming session be enjoyable. Way way too much reliance on Chadley, didn’t feel like I was exploring but instead just running from objective to objective. Elden ring and other games spoiled me. If they can’t at least make it explorable then just go back to linear like remake which I did like. But what’s making it harder to come back to it is getting spoiled and seeing that the ending is everything that I feared. Should have been two games and removed all the stupid multiverse stuff. Sorry for the negativity, just surprisingly disappointed from a long time ff7 fan.
I understand where you're coming from even though I disagree. But then again I'm too much of a FF7 nerd to start with and I don't really play a lot of other RPGs anymore.

I think what is missing from Rebirth and Remake until now is the possibility of missing really, really good gear and weapons that you just kind of loot from random chests around the world that don't necessarily have an objective to them. FF7 used to be full of these little items and trinkets or materia that when you picked it up you went "that sounds cool what the fuck is it" but in Remake/Rebirth all of those interesting elements just boil down to getting a near unmissable new weapon and its abilities. And if you do happen to miss it they'll just sell it to you in a shop later.

You mentioned "if they can't at least make it explorable" and I think maybe the above mentioned is what makes you feel like it's not explorable. Because I think it is, but they 1) just don't reward you for it and 2) all the good rewards are from ticking off to-do lists inside the zone, which isn't 100% authentic and real exploration.

So did you finish the game already?

Not quite there yet, but definitely feel it's over stayed its welcome, and this is coming from someone that has the og FF7 as my favorite game of all time. Just about done with the Nibel area may just blast through the story. Trying to time it so I can finish my last day in town before head out for an extended work trip.

I'm hoping that once the trilogy is done, someone drops a mod that does a reskin of the original with the new assets. Turn based combat and everything.

<WhatIsThis>

Don't understand what you're saying.
the incentive to buy a console for an exclusive title is gone. Laptops have become the norm and a semi decent one can provide the experience that the console is offering. The stationary PC set up has become outdated and the idea of setting up a console on your table is equally dated since most people would rather have something they can carry with them and use anywhere. FF7 sold the PS1 because they couldn't get the experience somewhere else, the PS5 has nothing to offer that other portable platforms don't have so there's next to no incentive to but it.

the incentive to buy a console for an exclusive title is gone. Laptops have become the norm and a semi decent one can provide the experience that the console is offering. The stationary PC set up has become outdated and the idea of setting up a console on your table is equally dated since most people would rather have something they can carry with them and use anywhere. FF7 sold the PS1 because they couldn't get the experience somewhere else, the PS5 has nothing to offer that other portable platforms don't have so there's next to no incentive to but it.

46.6 million units of the PS5 have been sold.
So if one exclusive misses sales expectations the blame should be put on.... laptop gamers?

46.6 million units of the PS5 have been sold.
So if one exclusive misses sales expectations the blame should be put on.... laptop gamers?
people don't want to just sit in their home to game any more. The PS5 hit on the tale end of a new era and they basically just outright emulating PC gaming. With steam and every other online game store catering to PC users there's not really much reason to be segregated between consoles and PCs anymore. Cheap laptops alone are capable of playing PS5 games for a similar price and you get more. The console industry is well aware of this hence why they are jumping on VR, but even at that PCs do the same thing. Basically, FF7R1 was released on PC so a good chunk of people bought the first one and feel absolutely no incentive to fork out on a whole new console to play the second one. The next gen of consoles as of yet have nothing to maintain pace with some of the cheaper laptops these days.

people don't want to just sit in their home to game any more. The PS5 hit on the tale end of a new era and they basically just outright emulating PC gaming. With steam and every other online game store catering to PC users there's not really much reason to be segregated between consoles and PCs anymore. Cheap laptops alone are capable of playing PS5 games for a similar price and you get more. The console industry is well aware of this hence why they are jumping on VR, but even at that PCs do the same thing. Basically, FF7R1 was released on PC so a good chunk of people bought the first one and feel absolutely no incentive to fork out on a whole new console to play the second one. The next gen of consoles as of yet have nothing to maintain pace with some of the cheaper laptops these days.

Okay... then no PS5 games have ever sold well.

Gotchya.

Back