PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

I just beat the 1st Remake. It was good, but it gave me strong Hobbit vibes. It was short and like 40% could've/should've been cut since it was just filler. This remake series should've been 2 games tops. Guess I'll have to wait for the 2nd to come to PC to play it though.
Just know that every single major problem Remake had such as the one you described (pacing and non quality filler) has been enormously improved in Rebirth<Moves>

For the long-time Final Fantasy fans -

What do you think about the rumors FF9 is getting a Remake?

(Either currently in development or next in line to be after the FF7 Remake Trilogy is concluded?)

This or 6 are the ones I want next. Considering I got to the end of 6 and hated the "next area" they threw in I'm kind of glad it's 9 instead.

They went nuts with the Gold Saucer, really blew away my expectations. Also got Aerith for my date so I’m pretty happy with that. Would have preferred tifa though because they seem more meant for each other. Always felt aerith likes cloud because he reminds her of zack

It was

Far and beyond the best party member to have imo, always has elemental dmg for pressure option when ur facing a tough enemy and makes fights against large quantities of enemies a breeze (no pun intended) with an AOE crowd control damage ability (Windstorm)
Makes the game too easy though so I’m not using her.

Two dates with Tifa.

200w.gif

Makes the game too easy though so I’m not using her.
I can understand that. Whenever the game forces you to use different characters I didn’t find it too difficult though, even on dynamic. I expect to hit the wall somewhat whenever I start my hard mode playthrough.

I’m a very impatient gamer though, using broken ass Yuffie just helped me clear mob camps way faster, haha.

I can understand that. Whenever the game forces you to use different characters I didn’t find it too difficult though, even on dynamic. I expect to hit the wall somewhat whenever I start my hard mode playthrough.

I’m a very impatient gamer though, using broken ass Yuffie just helped me clear mob camps way faster, haha.

I tried using her but she just didn't seem as useful as she was for you. Could have been using her wrong. Red was amazing though just wrecks everything, can heal himself, and staggers enemies insanely quick.

I tried using her but she just didn't seem as useful as she was for you. Could have been using her wrong. Red was amazing though just wrecks everything, can heal himself, and staggers enemies insanely quick.
literally all I died bar boss fights was put Yuffie as party leader, have her equipped with First Strike materia and other accessories with ATB increase at start of battle, run head first into the mob camp, auto attack maybe once or twice to get the ATB filled up and press the Windstorm keybinding lol

Red was definitely very good too. Had him competing for the backup spot with Tifa. If I needed AoE/tankiness I picked Red, if I needed (single target) dmg I picked Tifa

lol but on a serious note I just finished that section of the game and it hit pretty hard. They did a really good job with the acting in that scene. Having a daughter of my own made it hit home. Definitely could understand why dyne lost his shit, didn’t have anything to live for at that point. I still kick his butt though, actually died the first time because I didn’t have the right materia. Equipped mastered fire materia and used limit break during his stagger and did such an absurd amount of damage with both firaga and fire in the hole that I barely saw the moves he could do in his final stage

FF9 sort of creeps up on you in terms of fav FF games. You can't really fault it aside from the weird crystal quest missions that were slotted in late. If they make a remake I'd want to see it redone entirely in the style of the cutscenes. No fancy new age shit just pure PS1 era FMVs.

If they make a remake I'd want to see it redone entirely in the style of the cutscenes. No fancy new age shit just pure PS1 era FMVs.
I would have no interest in that. Might as well just play the original game. Why even remake it at that point? Either way rumor is it's going to be something more of what you want. It wont be a full on remake.

I would have no interest in that. Might as well just play the original game. Why even remake it at that point? Either way rumor is it's going to be something more of what you want. It wont be a full on remake.
I don't see how. Fully rotational camera and ps1 cutscene graphics would be worth it.

I don't see how. Fully rotational camera and ps1 cutscene graphics would be worth it.

Is that what the game will look like? Cause that's actually good.

nah that was a fan release. But if it looked like that it'd be great.

Oh ok. Well yea if that's what they did I would be more than happy with that.

Fuck it, I'm beelining the rest of the game. I just reached Gongaga area at 41 hours and I've completed all of Grasslands, Junon, and Corel (minus two protorelics since I can't find them or they come later) but now I'm starting to feel a little burnt out on all the side stuff and I'm very curious to see how the rest of the story plays out before I get spoiled. I'm also kind of desperate to get through it so I can play Stellar Blade which I'm most likely going to drop everything for. The demo was fantastic and I probably going to 100% that. I can always come back to the side stuff of this game way later.

Anyone else find Dio hilarious? Didn’t think much of him in the OG but he’s great here. I love how he’s constantly flexing and I laugh whenever he shakes hands with cloud. Hope this doesn’t come across as spoilery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back