PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Cloud/Barret/Yuffie is easily the best party composition too

I'm running Cloud, Barret, Tifa. I'm not sure what the best combination is but Red is also insanely powerful and staggers people so quickly. He also has a self heal. When I play through on hard mode I'm pretty much guaranteed to be using Red.

I think pretty much every character in this game minus Aerith is really fun to use. I've been avoiding Cloud since that's all I used in Remake. I've been maining Tifa mainly but switching to Barret a lot also.

Cloud/Barret/Yuffie is easily the best party composition too
Yuffie haven’t played as yet since Intergrade. I’m thinking of adding Cait to the lineup and having my team be cloud Barret and Cait. He looked cool in the trailers

Yuffie haven’t played as yet since Intergrade. I’m thinking of adding Cait to the lineup and having my team be cloud Barret and Cait. He looked cool in the trailers
I'm running Cloud, Barret, Tifa. I'm not sure what the best combination is but Red is also insanely powerful and staggers people so quickly. He also has a self heal. When I play through on hard mode I'm pretty much guaranteed to be using Red.

I think pretty much every character in this game minus Aerith is really fun to use. I've been avoiding Cloud since that's all I used in Remake. I've been maining Tifa mainly but switching to Barret a lot also.
Yuffie is just too broken with Windstorm. Every fight you can just run in a group of enemies with First Strike materia, hit Windstorm and as a result A) they get massive AOE damage and B) enemies will get caught up in the storm rendering them unable to attack most of the time. If there's only one enemy with wind elemental weakness they'll often get pressured and/or staggered already giving her an ATB boost esp if you have ATB stagger equipped, usually enough for at least one new Windstorm.

Finished up the sequence at Costa Del Sol. Was getting a little anxious since you go 3 big sequences locked down going from Junon, the cruise ship, then Costa Del Sol. Glad I'm finally done where I can take control of the map again. Checked my time logged and I'm up to 27 hours and it definitely doesn't feel like I've logged that many hours.

Did anyone else think the captain of Shinra-8 sounded like Liam Neeson? His voice was distracting. Great section though, loved Red XIII little moment

Last edited:
After 99 and a half hours, I have finished the game. It's among the greatest I've played.

For the people in here that have finished it already I have a very spoiler heavy review. DO NOT READ if you don't want the entire ending spoiled for you.

The game was absolutely unbelievable... right up until the final chapter, chapter 14. I legitimately thought it was a 9.5/10 up until that point.

But then that final chapter hit, man. I'm so thoroughly, utterly disappointed in how they handled the Aerith moment. It's a bit of the same as the end of Remake, but x3. What an absolutely disgraceful, convoluted, unnecessary clusterfuck of an ending. It really made my overall score of the game drop a full point. These Japanese just can't stop being Japanese with those completely unnecessary cosmic space jazz multiverse obnoxious ass narratives. It was really, really bad.

Of course we kind of knew stuff like this was going to happen but they really doubled down on the multiverse shit. It's such utterly lazy writing, a get out of jail free card whenever a writer has written himself into a corner.

The ONLY redemption I see possible is if Cloud, screwed up in the head as he is, is hallucinating Aerith due to him being a Sephiroth clone.

How the fuck are you gonna kill off a character and then have her STILL have a shitload of dialogue as some kind of funky Star Wars style Force Ghost? She was alive, then she's dead, oh here's a hour long boss fight with EIGHT FUCKING PHASES right after one of the main characters was killed off. Oh now she's "alive" again and joining your party for the final phase of the boss.

Allright, we beat the boss. What happens now? Ah never mind turns out she's just a ghost and after a cute little moment with Cloud she evaporates again. Back into the "real world" we go. Seems like the party is grieving. But what did they do with the body? Did they just leave it lying there on the altar? OG FF7 had a very intense emotional moment where they put her body to rest in the water. Why is that not in? Oh there she is and she's smiling and talking to Cloud! Ah never mind the rest of the party can't see her.

They leave and now they're in a grassy field, mostly grieving. Aerith's there! But again only Cloud can see her. Oh wait never mind she pets Red XIII and he's like "Aerith?"

Like for real, my face the entire chapter 14 was like this

<mma3>

Absolute Game of Thrones levels of story "ending" fuck-uppery. What a farce. Fuck this. It was almost too good to be true, I guess.
So after watching a streamer theorycraft the ever living fuck out of the ending and story direction... I have changed my mind about the ending quite a lot actually.

Can't wait until more of you finish the game so I can nerd out and discuss.

So, where's everybody at right now? :D

Just finshed up exploring/questing the Corel area and ready to live forward with the main quest. It was a pretty small area and looks like a lot more unlocked out due to progress. Getting ready to go out of town for spring break and it’s killing me knowing I won’t be able to jump back in for over a week.

FML I should have gotten a PS5 instead of an xbox. Having a pc i liked that game pass works on both platforms. I eventually sold my Series X and got a Series S. Now I wanna play FF7 Remake and will have to wait like 2 years for it to come out on PC.

FML I should have gotten a PS5 instead of an xbox. Having a pc i liked that game pass works on both platforms. I eventually sold my Series X and got a Series S. Now I wanna play FF7 Remake and will have to wait like 2 years for it to come out on PC.
probably not 2 years. their exclusivity deal is only 3 months appearantly

Nah you wont have to wait 2 years. Probably about a year though. FF16 is very close to releasing and I assume after that's done they'll be ready to start working on Rebirth.

Just buy one, you still have the third game in the trilogy to come out. You have to avoid spoilers of the ending for two years. That’s got to suck if you’re a big fan. No way I’d risk the spoilers of a trilogy that took 10 years to make but that’s just me

Same. Feels bad man. The only PS "exclusive" I want on my Xbawks. Remake was rumoured to be coming but I mean it's been fucking years so I have given up at this point.

On chapter 12 now. Just left the GS and I’m now on the hunt for more level grinding ( I’m lvl 49 but I need to get some material leveled) trying to decide if the dark matter materials are worth the headache on some of the mini games lol 😂. I’m on the hunt for Shinra to lead me to the temple but i don’t want to finish the game just yet 😂.

Gotta say Cait Sith was a blast . Once I got him he never left my main squad of Cloud ,Cait and Aerith. For Aerith Atb ward then lay down radiant ward and watch her atb meter build, hit them with ray of judgement and the enemy is either half to staggered , pressured or pretty much dead lol

Back