Fights Where You Were Seriously Concerned For A Fighter

What fights were you seriously concerned for a fighter at any point for any reason?
Maybe too much bleeding or twitching after a knockout?

I remember when Demian Maia subbed Rick Story I was pretty concerned about Story because of how much blood was coming out of his nose. It was kind of hard to watch.
I was also concerned about Lauzon in his recent fight with Miller.

Wanderlei after Crocop beat him

Man ohhhhhhhhh man, he looked bad after that

Glover vs. Maldonado
Babalu vs. Heath
Faber vs. Mizugaki
Zaromskis vs. Koreshkov
Marcus Davis vs. Nate Diaz
Stout vs. Edwards
Sakuraba vs. Arona

Glover vs Malonado, Curran vs Warren and Khoreshkov vs Zaromskis all come to mind.

Wand after Rampage KO'd him was pretty bad as well especially with the 3 extra punches Page gave him.

Pretty much every time Wand gets knocked out and it was also pretty scary when Franklin got knocked out in his last fight

Cain vs Bigfoot. I'm a fan of blood and brutality and I'm not ashamed to admit it. However, I was in complete disbelief when the doctor allowed that fight to continue. The blood was clearly effecting his vision. I was yelling at the t.v. for the ref to show him some mercy.

Jones/Machida for sure, Machida literally looked like he was choked TO death.

that was the joy of pride. wandy fought cc for example. same thing. they had balls. not like anderson and others mimimi he is 0.5 pounds heavier, i wont fight him he is sooooo big. :icon_lol:

Wow, I'm constantly reminded on here how awful some mma fans are.

Jones/Machida
Chuck/Rashad
Vitor/Lindland

I personally would like to see the towel thrown in more often. I don't want to see fighters permanently damaging their health for our entertainment. It's probably my least favorite thing about the sport; it makes me feel guilty in a way. There are a lot of fighters that we support today that will end up gomers in the future, bagging groceries or mopping up sweat in a second-rate gym at age 70. Look at old boxers for an example. They sound like they suffered head trauma in a motorcycle accident.

I was seriously concerned for Joseph Benavidez when he fought MM. I mean, MM landed so many SIGNIFICANT strikes!

UFC_152_JoeBenavides_Plat_640x360_821827797.jpg

Whoever fought Joe B. between the judges decision and his post FlyW title fight losss interview must have REALLY done a number on him!

When Curran pasted Joe Warren. I was definitely concerned for him.

Before weight classes, things were scary:

severn-vs-macias-o.gif

Nog vs. Sapp was also unnerving.

When Vitor knocked out Lindland in Affliction I thought Matt might have been seriously hurt. I don't really like the guy but I had a sickening feeling about the whole thing. I haven't watched that fight in a long time, probably wasn't as violent as I recall.

went back and watched cro cop vs yoshida again today and man, that was tough to see a judo guy with limited striking get tore up like that. cro cop was like shit ref what more do you want?

Back