Fights Where You Were Seriously Concerned For A Fighter

Jones vs every opponent to date. I don't see anyone fighting Jones ever and avoid an ass kicking.

Enson vs. Igor was pretty damn brutal.

To think Enson got pissed when the fight was called between rounds. Dude is a warrior.

Many fights. Any where they suffer what looks like a knockout, but somehow regain composure only to get seriously knocked out again. That's exponential brain damage.

I trained martial arts for many years. I've seen/caused/had hematomas, KO's, people getting choked out, hyper extended joints, broken and dislocated bones. So a lot of what I see in MMA doesn't phase me at all.

BUT when Rashad head kicked Sean Salmon, I thought I might have witnessed the first death in the cage. The way he shut off and fell and hit his head, I thought that might have been it. Thankfully not. Human body can take some punishment for sure.

Whenever this thread pops up, this is always my first thought, although there is a lot of fucked up KOs and submissions out there, but that was a fully telegraphed high shin kick to the side of the head.

However, sometimes I think Hornbuckle's KO of Gono could have been worse, because the shin landed on his face, and because it was more of a mid kick that landed on the head. Maybe the bones in the face are weaker than those in the side of the head? Which one do you think was the most damaging?

Another good choice would be Rashad vs Forrest. It's reminescent of Mir vs Lesnar II, except Forrest ate ~10 unanswered, full power blows to the face. I can't stand Forrest as a fighter, but I was like "can someone stop this RIGHT FUCKING NOW, please?"

When Curran pasted Joe Warren. I was definitely concerned for him.

When Vitor knocked out Lindland in Affliction I thought Matt might have been seriously hurt. I don't really like the guy but I had a sickening feeling about the whole thing. I haven't watched that fight in a long time, probably wasn't as violent as I recall.

That one came to mind for me too. And yes, it was violent.

Lol at people saying JDS last figtht with cain.

1-You're a cain nuthugger trying to say something out loud.

2-You're impressed with swollen parts of the face of a man that got punched 300 times,what did you guys expected?You should be impressed when a fight seems really damaged,not with someone taking a beating and just walking through it like a older brother getting beat up by his little sis.

maldando vs. glover
al turk vs. kongo

those were horrible beatings

belfort linland will always stand out as well as chuck rashad

It's a wonder UFC didn't get thrown off of PPV and MMA banned for the Mike Russow/Todd Duffee incident.

Every Nog and Wand fight since they joined UFC.

Generaly when a fighter is out and the referee is too late to step in. I dont mean one or two unnecesary shots but if it takes longer.

wasn't terrified but Nate's choke on Miller was pretty crazy. Miller's tongue was stuck between his teeth and it could've ended badly

I was there live when Hominick fought Aldo and quite frankly that was terrifying. I was also there live for the Machida/Jones fight... The way Machida fell was horrific.

Etim/barboza. I remember thinking to myself that I had just witnessed the first death in a major mma organization.

Jones v Hammel, pools of blood in his eyes and unresponsive. Got the win though......

Jones vs every opponent to date. I don't see anyone fighting Jones ever and avoid an ass kicking.

Evans didn't get an ass kicking. He lost clearly. But nowhere near the type of ass kicking that his other opponents got.

Back